OMS Honors/Selective Programs In Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldoc17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Dental Students,

I am a D3 at NYU College of Dentistry and am conducting a research project with one of the OMFS Faculty here, Dr. Marci Levine, DMD, MD. We are trying to examine what schools have an honors or selective program for D4's in OMFS in order to determine if there is any difference in the OMFS residency match rate of honors students compared to non-honors students. Thus far a lot of the literature on OMFS student satisfaction is on the doctoral level and we think having more information on the predoctoral level will be an invaluable asset to not only help students applying to OMFS residencies, but also spread awareness about the speciality to other applicant pools (i.e.: minorities and women).

Right now we are trying to compile a comprehensive list of honors/selective OMFS programs across all dental schools and if you've ever been on your dental schools website you can sense how frustrating this process could be.

So if any of you are in an honors/selective program please message me or reply below regarding how your program is run and who runs the program.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: