On "hold" at Iowa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tuthluver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just received a letter from Iowa saying that my file was put "on hold" even before my DAT arrived. At first glance I have a bad GPA, but thats due to a semester of 12 credit hours of zero GPA, nine years ago even though I now have a 3.73 since I returned to school. I made the stupid mistake of dropping out without withdrawing. :thumbdown:

I bet that they just looked at the cummilative GPA and tossed me aside.
Has anyone else got one?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an NC resident by the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a letter from Iowa saying that my file was put "on hold" even before my DAT arrived. At first glance I have a bad GPA, but thats due to a semester of 12 credit hours of zero GPA, nine years ago even though I now have a 3.73 since I returned to school. I made the stupid mistake of dropping out without withdrawing. :thumbdown:

I bet that they just looked at the cummilative GPA and tossed me aside.
Has anyone else got one?

i didnt apply there... but doesnt "on hold" just mean they wont look at you further until your DAT comes (aka your file isnt complete)... i dont think its a bad thing

i didnt apply there... but doesnt "on hold" just mean they wont look at you further until your DAT comes (aka your file isnt complete)... i dont think its a bad thing

Well I called today and they said that they recieved my scores and that the status won't change right now. I was told that they are not certain that I am reaching the mark of an out of stater to get an interview until all the other applications are in. So now I'm stuck in this long "almost denied" Limbo. I didn't even get to fill out a secondary.

Aren't most secondaries on the net anyway?

If so, fill it out. Can't hurt, right? (well, except it'll cost you)

Aren't most secondaries on the net anyway?

I don't think that's a true statement, there are a lot of screen schools that only e-mail you a secondary after they've either screened you or at least received your money. They'll typically e-mail you a secondary after that..

When you are invited for interview , you'' ll be required to send an appl fee and fill out secondary.