One Week Before DAT HELP PLS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mk27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

So I have one week before my DAT and these are my practice test scores so far:

Bio: 17
Chem: 19
Orgo: 19
Reading: 23
QR: 20
PAT: 17

****EDIT: These scores are from the 2007 DAT exam.

I have been using DAT Destroyer and DAT bootcamp. I am really disappointed with my practice scores right now and I was wondering if any of you have any tips on raising my Bio and PAT scores? Please HELP. I know I only have a week left but please let me know what I should do.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I have not taken the DAT nor the practices yet but I've scoured this site completely and by all accounts, the practice scores tend to be about 1-3pts lowers than the actual DAT. PAT is all about practice.

I hope you get some more feedback, especially from those who have taken the practice tests.

2007 is a fair amount easier than the real one; that being said don't let practice scores be the ultimate determinant of how you're going to do. Keep at it; in the world of the DAT one week is a good amount of time. PAT I stink at; BIO try using Tyjacobs notes if Feralis seems too dense.

how have you done on the bootcaMP EXAMS? make sure you're testing under realistic conditions: eat breakfast, no phone, no notes etc.

practice exams are usually the best indicator of how youll do. that being said, look at what you're getting wrong and fix it, work on your timing etc

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For Bio, grab a pdf of Cliff Notes AP Bio 3rd edition and cram it ALL in before the DAT. For PAT, focus on sections that can be mastered easily (Cube Counting, Hole Punch, Keyhole) and don't spend too much time on Angles (It's a big time sink)
Hole Punch:

If you have time and a Chad's subscription, reading through his notes and going though his reaction sheets again would help a lot.

How many times have you gone through the DAT Destroyer? If you are in your last week of study and short on time for Bio stay with Destroyer and stop any timed test at this point. Hopefully you have the current 2016 edition, making sure you know all the work, all the information in the solutions too.

If you have more questions feel free to PM me I have worked with students for many years and expert in this area.

Take care..Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
This is probably not something you want to hear right now, but have you considered moving the date? I know for so many people they really want to get their scores in and get over with it, but if you don't think you're ready it is really a wasted investment.
I recently took my DAT less than a month ago. My score is fairly ok and I wouldn't retake, but I remember postponing my exam so many times, and I honestly felt really ready and thought I was going to do much better.
I think from now til next week, you should do one full length practice exam every other day, so you can at least get in maybe 3 more. And make sure you review those questions. Then on the day before the exam, take the 2009 DAT and see what you score. It is so so very accurate of your real DAT score. I literally scored the exact same thing. So if you're happy with that score, then take it. If not, you definitely need to move it.
At this point during the cycle, getting a bad DAT score will definitely not help you. Because you won't be able to retake until December and that is way too late for most schools.

DAT destroyer and DAT bootcamp are probably the best tools for DAT.
However, I think with destroyer you need to have a lot of time on your hands. Some of the materials are hard and very detailed, and going over them for full understanding takes a long time.
You will probably get more out of your time using Bootcamp for your last week because I think materials are a little bit easier to digest, yet still on the difficult side compared to real DAT.
If you do decide to postpone, you could always let me know and I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you have. I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I went through so many different materials and tried so many different studying techniques and styles because I was never one of those students that could buckle down and do a 10 hour a day studying. So I hope I can help

Last edited: