Technology OneNote Free v. OneNote 365

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluefalcon32

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a different between the OneNote free version or the 365 version in terms of features besides the 20 GB space on OneDrive (for 365)? Is there a difference between the free OneNote version for Windows and the free OneNote version for Mac? Does OneNote for Mac work well as compared to the Windows version? I am sorry for the questions but I want to use OneNote and that may have a bearing into what computer I purchase in the coming weeks. Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a different between the OneNote free version or the 365 version in terms of features besides the 20 GB space on OneDrive (for 365)? Is there a difference between the free OneNote version for Windows and the free OneNote version for Mac? Does OneNote for Mac work well as compared to the Windows version? I am sorry for the questions but I want to use OneNote and that may have a bearing into what computer I purchase in the coming weeks. Thanks so much.

OneNote for Mac is not fully functional but may be in the future. The free Windows version doesn't allow you to record audio, store your files on your computer rather than the cloud, and probably some other things.

Is there a difference in functionality between the free OneNote 2013 for Windows and free OneNote for Mac? I have the free OneNote 2013 for Windows and I have the ability to print what I type. Can one do that on a Mac?