online 4 sem unit microbio course?? with lab? is that possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Karazy

UC Davis Class of 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had such amazing success with my online physiology post (thanks to VAgirl) I thought I would give this (very long shot) a try. Anyone heard of such a class? Know of a class? Taken such a class?

I need a 4 unit microbio course with lab for NC State and Oregon. There's one around here I can definately take, but I'm looking for an on-line class, that was I can keep working full time. Can anyone help?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't really see how you can do a microbiology lab online.

I didn't do microbio in undergrad (I did it in grad school) but one of my friends did and he told me that they brewed beer in lab once. So maybe one could do that at home in their kitchen as a microbio lab! :p

Seriously, I doubt you could find a course with lab online. But there might an online course out there without a lab. I'd try calling the schools that have this requirement... maybe they will have some leads for you.

Good luck! :)

I didn't do microbio in undergrad (I did it in grad school) but one of my friends did and he told me that they brewed beer in lab once. So maybe one could do that at home in their kitchen as a microbio lab! :p

I'm sure you could find plenty of microbes in your house too, just go swab around the toilet and doors and you can create your own exercise in bacterial identification as long as you can find some agar plates and a microscope. :idea:

One lovely person PMed me this message and I thought I would share it in case anyone else is interested:

Try Nicki Crespo, PhD for an instructor; Microbiology and lab is on-line at St. Petersburg College www.spcollege.edu

I looked into it a little yesterday and indeed there is both an online class and lab. Haven't checked with my schools yet to see if it will work as the semester started on the 7th and I think it may be too late for me to add. But it's good info for others.