This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorkay

Reaction score
I am a fully licensed board certified General Psychiatrist and have a sub specialization as a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist. My background is that I completed my medical school training in Ireland, matched in the first CARMS iteration and completed residency and subspecialty training in BC. Though it has been a number of years since I went through CARMS, I am familiar with the process and understand the main challenges for IMGs.

From my experience personally and from friends who went through the process, I understand that it can be a stressful and challenging time. I know of at least two scenarios where graduates from my medical school program struggled to find residency placement within Canada for a number of years. That leaves IMGs in a predicament, and one that I have a personal connection to being an IMG myself.

I am currently practising however there are aspects of my practice I would like to optimize with respect to patient care. If there are unmatched IMG's who are looking for opportunities to gain a strong reference, mentorship from myself and get patient experience while they find their footing to get a job within Canada I may be able to help. Ideally, anyone who contacts me would be living in Canada, though I may be flexible on this for those who are caught in limbo.

Essential Qualities: (or a strong dedication to learning this quality if possible)
-Organized
-Hard working
-Self-driven
-Strong problem solving ability
-Teachable and able to implement feedback
-Reliable
-Self-aware
-Ability to teach and mentor others (pay it forward approach)
-Positive Mindset

Preferred Qualities:
-Good with technology
--> Strong typing and word processing abilities
--> Experience with integration or program design
--> Experiencing building fillable PDF's
-Psychologically minded

-Preference will be given to those with a clear interest in pursuing a career in Psychiatry as my time is limited, though I will certainly consider others and perhaps in another capacity depending on the individual, their circumstances and my availability.

Feel free to send me a PM if you are curious to hear more or ask questions. Please provide a description of how this does or does not apply to you and include some of your background. I would like to know what you are hoping to achieve for yourself to see if I (and we) would be a good fit for trying to help you on your journey.

Wish you all the best in your career,

-K

Members don't see this ad.