Oregon State c/o 2021

Started by rodeomarie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Kind of a random question, but I was wondering if a current student ( @katashark or @caddisfly or @kernel ) remembers if there are plug ins available in the classroom? I'm pretty sure my laptop won't last for a full day of note taking and I'd love to know ahead of time if I need some sort of extra battery. Thanks so much!
 
Kind of a random question, but I was wondering if a current student ( @katashark or @caddisfly or @kernel ) remembers if there are plug ins available in the classroom? I'm pretty sure my laptop won't last for a full day of note taking and I'd love to know ahead of time if I need some sort of extra battery. Thanks so much!

Hey hun! Every classroom table has at least two outlets on it. You will definitely have plenty of places to plug in and keep your computer going! Congrats on getting it!
 
Hey hun! Every classroom table has at least two outlets on it. You will definitely have plenty of places to plug in and keep your computer going! Congrats on getting it!
Thank you very much!!! I appreciate the info, and look forward to meeting you in the fall!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was shock when I saw the temperature of Corvallis for this week 😱 106F today and 107F tomorrow??? I never expected Corvallis can get so hooooooooootttttt!!! I just hope most apartments have AC or I won't be staying for summer :yuck:
 
I was shock when I saw the temperature of Corvallis for this week 😱 106F today and 107F tomorrow??? I never expected Corvallis can get so hooooooooootttttt!!! I just hope most apartments have AC or I won't be staying for summer :yuck:
I can't say anything about the AC, but temperatures that high are totally not normal! I was there working last summer and it was warm, but never over 100. I also worked there for a summer after undergrad and it was the same way, nothing much over 95ish.
 
I was shock when I saw the temperature of Corvallis for this week 😱 106F today and 107F tomorrow??? I never expected Corvallis can get so hooooooooootttttt!!! I just hope most apartments have AC or I won't be staying for summer :yuck:

Unfortunately, most apartment complexes do not have AC and a lot of the older houses do not have AC. So that can be rough. But there are a lot of portable AC units that people buy or the ones that go in your windows and that seems to work well for most. It isn't impossible to find places with AC, but they are usually more expensive and hard to find, from what I have heard.
 
I was shock when I saw the temperature of Corvallis for this week 😱 106F today and 107F tomorrow??? I never expected Corvallis can get so hooooooooootttttt!!! I just hope most apartments have AC or I won't be staying for summer :yuck:
Over 100 is unusual but unheard of. The willamette valley doesn't get over 90 super frequently but this summer has been... unusual lol. A window AC unit can go a long ways.