You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Oregon State c/o 2021
Started by rodeomarie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm considering applying, I have applied to oregon once and they were VERY helpful for my file review 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! Is it even worth applying considering they accept so few OOS? Does your app have to be absolutely stellar in order to be accepted if you are OOS?
Hey! Is it even worth applying considering they accept so few OOS? Does your app have to be absolutely stellar in order to be accepted if you are OOS?
My app wasn't stellar, I didn't have a 4.0 or anything. I will be attending OOS. I applied originally as a WICHE applicant, but I didn't get funding so I'm just a regular OOS.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
My app wasn't stellar, I didn't have a 4.0 or anything. I will be attending OOS. I applied originally as a WICHE applicant, but I didn't get funding so I'm just a regular OOS.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Cool, thanks! Oregon doesn't do interviews right? Are they going to this year?
I'm not sure. I'm just entering as a freshman this fall. They only did interviews for instate applicants. If their plans changed, it would have been announced for this cycle already as people are applying.Cool, thanks! Oregon doesn't do interviews right? Are they going to this year?
Last year IS interviews took place in January. OOS applicants were notified of decisions at the beginning of December.Has anybody heard a timeline for when they start sending out interview invites? Obviously it won't be for awhile, but I was just curious.
Ok, thank you!Last year IS interviews took place in January. OOS applicants were notified of decisions at the beginning of December.
Are only IS students interviewed? That's what it seems like based on their website, but I'm not sure.
Last year, only IS students were interviewed. I'm not sure if it changed this year, but I doubt it
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It hasn't changed, they only interview IS students.Are only IS students interviewed? That's what it seems like based on their website, but I'm not sure.
Me! I'm an OOS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
R
REB_23
It looks like we're applying to a few of the same schools (I've seen your name all over the other schools' threads). Good luck!Decided to apply to OSU as well. My numbers aren't as stellar as most OOS apps, but with my diversity and whatnot, I think I stand a decent chance. I think we'd love Corvallis.
Sweet! Maybe we will be classmates 🙂 thanks and good luck to you as well!It looks like we're applying to a few of the same schools (I've seen your name all over the other schools' threads). Good luck!![]()
My app wasn't stellar, I didn't have a 4.0 or anything. I will be attending OOS. I applied originally as a WICHE applicant, but I didn't get funding so I'm just a regular OOS.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I am out of state as well, could you possibly share your stats?
You can find my stats here!I am out of state as well, could you possibly share your stats?
Also, I'm now well into first year, so feel free to ask me any questions.
I believe they said they won't announce anything until mid-December!Has anyone heard anything from Oregon yet?
Eeek! I was reading through last years thread and it seems like we could hear back any day now!!![]()
Even for out of state students?
Last years thread and the year before that it was IS interviews first and then a few OOS acceptances. Hopefully they are keeping in the same general timeline!Even for out of state students?
I heard 12/4 last year and I'm out of state. So you should hear pretty soon. That was a Friday, so maybe this week? I haven't heard anything about any changes though.Even for out of state students?
Any out of state people receive an email?
Nope, nothing.Any out of state people receive an email?
Any out of state people receive an email?
Nope, nothing.
The alert I received on here about the new comments gave me a heart attack! Lol I thought people were commenting that they had heard back today.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is our finals week. So I'd assume you'll hear something within the next week or two. Don't stress too much! Enjoy the holidays!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
D
deleted806434
Oh my gosh I just got an OOS admissions offer!!! I am feeling pretty bad about my interview for another school yesterday, so this was a really pleasant surprise 🙂 Definitely wasn't expecting it. Anybody else hear back?!?!
I just received an email that I'm on the alternate OOS list also! 🙂
Congratulations!! Hope to see you folks around 🙂
R
REB_23
OOS ACCEPTED!!!!!
I'm sorry 🙁 got my first rejection letter this past weekend. It sucks. Don't let it get you down though. It wasn't meant to be right now.OOS rejected...
OOS alternate list!
OOS accepted !
I'm still in shock. I was definitely expecting to be considered an alternate.
I'm still in shock. I was definitely expecting to be considered an alternate.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS accepted!!! @katashark could you tell us a bit about OSU!!!
OOS accepted!
I've been perusing previous years threads & im kinda getting mixed results, but does anyone know what the chances are of being pulled off the waitlist. It looks like there's not a ranking system, but rather they just re-evaluate all the alternates as needed. Some have suggested it's got great turnover and some have said not so.
I don't know what the chances are for waitlisted/alternates. I'd assume that for IS, chances are low for being pulled off. However, for OOS, you'd have a much better chance on the wait list. There's also WICHE.
@Platypus0417 What would you like to know!?
@Platypus0417 What would you like to know!?
