Oregon State c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rodeomarie

UW c/o 2021
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Getting the ball rolling :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm considering applying, I have applied to oregon once and they were VERY helpful for my file review :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Is it even worth applying considering they accept so few OOS? Does your app have to be absolutely stellar in order to be accepted if you are OOS?

Hey! Is it even worth applying considering they accept so few OOS? Does your app have to be absolutely stellar in order to be accepted if you are OOS?

My app wasn't stellar, I didn't have a 4.0 or anything. I will be attending OOS. I applied originally as a WICHE applicant, but I didn't get funding so I'm just a regular OOS.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My app wasn't stellar, I didn't have a 4.0 or anything. I will be attending OOS. I applied originally as a WICHE applicant, but I didn't get funding so I'm just a regular OOS.

Cool, thanks! Oregon doesn't do interviews right? Are they going to this year?

Cool, thanks! Oregon doesn't do interviews right? Are they going to this year?
I'm not sure. I'm just entering as a freshman this fall. They only did interviews for instate applicants. If their plans changed, it would have been announced for this cycle already as people are applying.

Has anybody heard a timeline for when they start sending out interview invites? Obviously it won't be for awhile, but I was just curious.

Has anybody heard a timeline for when they start sending out interview invites? Obviously it won't be for awhile, but I was just curious.
Last year IS interviews took place in January. OOS applicants were notified of decisions at the beginning of December.

Are only IS students interviewed? That's what it seems like based on their website, but I'm not sure.

Decided to apply to OSU as well. My numbers aren't as stellar as most OOS apps, but with my diversity and whatnot, I think I stand a decent chance. I think we'd love Corvallis.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are only IS students interviewed? That's what it seems like based on their website, but I'm not sure.
It hasn't changed, they only interview IS students.

Decided to apply to OSU as well. My numbers aren't as stellar as most OOS apps, but with my diversity and whatnot, I think I stand a decent chance. I think we'd love Corvallis.
It looks like we're applying to a few of the same schools (I've seen your name all over the other schools' threads). Good luck! :happy:

It looks like we're applying to a few of the same schools (I've seen your name all over the other schools' threads). Good luck! :happy:
Sweet! Maybe we will be classmates :) thanks and good luck to you as well!

Best of luck everyone! First time applying to OSU. I am OOS.

Reactions: 2 users

I am out of state as well, could you possibly share your stats?

Has anyone heard anything from Oregon yet?

Eeek! I was reading through last years thread and it seems like we could hear back any day now!! :banana:

Reactions: 1 users
Even for out of state students?
Last years thread and the year before that it was IS interviews first and then a few OOS acceptances. Hopefully they are keeping in the same general timeline!

Any out of state people receive an email?

Oh my gosh I just got an OOS admissions offer!!! I am feeling pretty bad about my interview for another school yesterday, so this was a really pleasant surprise :) Definitely wasn't expecting it. Anybody else hear back?!?!

Reactions: 7 users
I just received an email that I'm on the alternate list! I'm OOS:)

Reactions: 3 users
I just received an email that I'm on the alternate OOS list also! :)

I just got an email saying I'm an alternate too. Also OOS

Make that 4, I'm also an alternate!

Reactions: 4 users
OOS rejected...
I'm sorry :( got my first rejection letter this past weekend. It sucks. Don't let it get you down though. It wasn't meant to be right now.

OOS rejected as well. For my fellow rejectees -- don't beat yourself up! Every school looks for something different in an applicant and just because one school deemed you worthy of rejection, doesn't mean others will as well :)

Reactions: 9 users
OOS accepted! Thrilled!

OOS accepted !

I'm still in shock. I was definitely expecting to be considered an alternate.

OOS rejected... second one this week

I've been perusing previous years threads & im kinda getting mixed results, but does anyone know what the chances are of being pulled off the waitlist. It looks like there's not a ranking system, but rather they just re-evaluate all the alternates as needed. Some have suggested it's got great turnover and some have said not so.

I don't know what the chances are for waitlisted/alternates. I'd assume that for IS, chances are low for being pulled off. However, for OOS, you'd have a much better chance on the wait list. There's also WICHE.

@Platypus0417 What would you like to know!?