This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aamiracle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble dealing/memorizing Organic Chemistry Reactions.

Are there any sort of online simulator's that has just reactions? Or anyone recommend any advice? I've just completed destroyer for Ochem & it helped me out, but not enough. I'm going to review it again in upcoming 2-3 weeks before test but do not feel secure on reactions.

Also I do have Chad's print out of 11 sheets of simple reactions, but looking at it doesn't help me.

Members don't see this ad.

You could cover up the reagents on the ochem road maps and try to fill in the blanks. It just takes a ton of practice

Reactions: 1 users
You could cover up the reagents on the ochem road maps and try to fill in the blanks. It just takes a ton of practice

That's not a bad idea, I'll always take a look at it as well. Index cards for the ones that seem to be difficult to memorize...

For me, I memorized a lot of the reactions just by doing a lot of OC Destroyer practice problems. I also agree that you should study the roadmaps and test yourself by covering the products!

Reactions: 1 user
For me, I memorized a lot of the reactions just by doing a lot of OC Destroyer practice problems. I also agree that you should study the roadmaps and test yourself by covering the products!

Yeah the roadmaps are done really well. I did my OC destroyer problems in a scattered manner (Some in december, january, rest in march), and at the time..highlighted all answers fml, so I can just look at it as a review at this point :/