OSU Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

No I am not, I graduate in December. Did not realize that. Thank you for the information.
Yep, I’m in same boat. Disappointing.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got my prereq confirmation email a few days ago. Now we wait :cigar:

Members don't see this ad :)
My guess is that they'll start sending II any Friday now. Assuming they're doing everything 1 month delayed vs last year the first ones should go out on Oct 2nd, with each wave 2 weeks apart until they do 4 in total. And if the actual interviews are 3 weeks apart from the the notification day, they'd still have a couple of weeks before acceptance day to process everything.

But this is all given if they do MMI interviews, which seems logistically difficult virtually. It's also a possibility that they'll just do 1v1 interviews by appointment over the next few months. Either way I hope we hear back soon ! :D

My guess is that they'll start sending II any Friday now. Assuming they're doing everything 1 month delayed vs last year the first ones should go out on Oct 2nd, with each wave 2 weeks apart until they do 4 in total. And if the actual interviews are 3 weeks apart from the the notification day, they'd still have a couple of weeks before acceptance day to process everything.

But this is all given if they do MMI interviews, which seems logistically difficult virtually. It's also a possibility that they'll just do 1v1 interviews by appointment over the next few months. Either way I hope we hear back soon ! :D

Thanks for the heads up. Let’s keep our fingers crossed! O-H

I submitted my secondary at start of september. Anyone else not getting a pre-req confirmation email yet even though they meet them?

I submitted my secondary at start of september. Anyone else not getting a pre-req confirmation email yet even though they meet them?

Did you apply to OSU in the past with all 13 pre-reqs already done? I'm guessing they don't verify them again for re-applicants if they have already done it in the past. But to be on the safe side it would be better to confirm with admissions.

Did you apply to OSU in the past with all 13 pre-reqs already done? I'm guessing they don't verify them again for re-applicants if they have already done it in the past. But to be on the safe side it would be better to confirm with admissions.
Nah this is my first time

Members don't see this ad :)
My best guess is that they will start next Friday (Oct. 9th). Since the deadline to apply has now passed, it seems fitting that they would start sending out invites next week.

Anyone else still not received the pre-requisite confirmation email yet? Should I be concerned if I haven’t?

So it took me ~5 weeks to get my pre-requisite confirmation email after I submitted the supplemental. And based on the thread lots of other people had theirs confirmed before mines even when they submitted their supps later. So I think they're basically reviewing them in their own order and not chronologically.

Basically what I want to say is that if it has been 4-5 weeks post supplemental and you haven't gotten the confirmation yet, I'd email them.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone, I submitted my primary application in late September because I have to wait until I took the DAT to make sure I met the cut-off scores to apply to OSU. I already received their confirmation that they have received my application but still have not heard about the supplemental application yet. I believe they said that the deadline for supplemental is Oct 15. Look like their reviewing process take a long time according to the posts here. Is that mean I don't have any chances anymore? :( I'm getting so anxious since OSU is my top choice. :(

Hi everyone, I submitted my primary application in late September because I have to wait until I took the DAT to make sure I met the cut-off scores to apply to OSU. I already received their confirmation that they have received my application but still have not heard about the supplemental application yet. I believe they said that the deadline for supplemental is Oct 15. Look like their reviewing process take a long time according to the posts here. Is that mean I don't have any chances anymore? :( I'm getting so anxious since OSU is my top choice. :(

I think they'll get the supplemental to you before the 15th as long as your DAT and primary were in before the 1st. But if they don't get it in by the 15th (pretty unlikely), then you would have to reapply next year.

finally got my prerequisite email 1.5 months later! hopefully they start interviews soon

I just got an email saying my app is complete and under review. Anybody else? It seems like OSU is running way behind everybody else

yeah you get the pre-requisite email saying your application is complete after you complete the supplemental. So that's where we all are, with that pre-requisite email
Weird because I completed the OSU supplement a while ago

Got an email from OSU saying my file is complete and they are starting the review process for interviews now! Fingers crossed

Got an email from OSU saying my file is complete and they are starting the review process for interviews now! Fingers crossed
Same, I believe that email is the pre-req email everyone else is referring to.

Every time someone posts here saying that their prereqs got approved my heart skips I beat because I think interviews got sent out

My bad. I really thought this was a different email because I got a prerequisite email after my supplemental saying they would begin looking at prerequisites. I didn’t know everyone got an email saying which ones were fulfilled already. Yeah still waiting on interview invites

You good bruh, don’t even worry! Were are all excited for any correspondence, I just wanted to mention that my heart rate just rose significantly Best of luck to you this cycle!

How waiting for an interview invite today feels like:

Edit.png

Reactions: 6 users
I really hope that they send out the first batch of interviews tomorrow Friday!

I wonder if they won't be sending out acceptances on December 15th since they are starting interviews on the late side.

I wonder if they won't be sending out acceptances on December 15th since they are starting interviews on the late side.
I have been wondering if they may just accept students without interviewing this year. This cycle is so weird that it seems almost more possible for that to happen then for them to start interviews a month before the first day of acceptances.

• Hmm
I have been wondering if they may just accept students without interviewing this year. This cycle is so weird that it seems almost more possible for that to happen then for them to start interviews a month before the first day of acceptances.
Interesting. I can't imagine any school not conducting interviews but I guess who knows

Interesting. I can't imagine any school not conducting interviews but I guess who knows
I feel the same way, seems like it would be super odd to not interview students at all but also seems odd to be waiting to start interviews until this late. This cycle is such a weird one I don't think we can count anything out.

I think they would definitely still conduct interviews, but they will most certainly have to go beyond Dec 15 for acceptances. Even if they send invites tomorrow, I would assume the first actual interview would start the end of November and go into January. Or maybe they'll send all the interviews tomorrow and do everything over 1-2 weekends so they can have acceptances by the 15th.

Got an interview invite! OOS!!

• Angry
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
I think they would definitely still conduct interviews, but they will most certainly have to go beyond Dec 15 for acceptances. Even if they send invites tomorrow, I would assume the first actual interview would start the end of November and go into January. Or maybe they'll send all the interviews tomorrow and do everything over 1-2 weekends so they can have acceptances by the 15th.
Someone just got an invite, so looks like we have our answer!

Maybe they're just a little disorganized - which is completely understandable given the times - but OSU started receiving apps months ago ... I wish they'd at least give an update ):

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe they're just a little disorganized - which is completely understandable given the times - but OSU started receiving apps months ago ... I wish they'd at least give an update ):
I really hope so. If I got some updates on how they will PLAN to manage this, I would be not as worried as now!

Reactions: 2 users