OSU Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Any idea of how weighted this Kira Assessment will be towards your final decision? I feel like a normal interview would do applicants more justice. Very nervous, about to complete my assessment in the next few days. I'm also an out of state applicant so I wish we were given the chance to talk personally to a staff member.

Members don't see this ad.

Any idea of how weighted this Kira Assessment will be towards your final decision? I feel like a normal interview would do applicants more justice. Very nervous, about to complete my assessment in the next few days. I'm also an out of state applicant so I wish we were given the chance to talk personally to a staff member.
Typically once you get an invite, only your performance in the interview determines whether you get the A or not. It might be different this year because of the assessments. Also, for OSU since they're a public school they tend to take almost all the IS interviewees, and give acceptances to around ~30-40% OOS interviewees, the rest are waitlisted. And only 16 of those usually matriculate, since OOS are more likely to take acceptances elsewhere. So being on the waitlist OOS is better if it happens since there is much more movement. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Typically once you get an invite, only your performance in the interview determines whether you get the A or not. It might be different this year because of the assessments. Also, for OSU since they're a public school they tend to take almost all the IS interviewees, and give acceptances to around ~30-40% OOS interviewees, the rest are waitlisted. And only 16 of those usually matriculate, since OOS are more likely to take acceptances elsewhere. So being on the waitlist OOS is better if it happens since there is much more movement. Hope that helps!
Do you have sources for those statements or are they your guesses?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just did the KIRA assessment- very relaxed and easy-going, crossing my fingers for my #1 choice!~

Best of Luck my friends!

It was very relaxed, just use those practice rounds and get comfortable with the responses- I am sure you'll do great.

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you that did your Kira Assessment, has your AADSAS application updated to Invited for Interview? Mine still says Received/Under Review

I am an instate and I was wondering if anyone knows if they are giving out anymore interviews? Thanks!

I am an instate and I was wondering if anyone knows if they are giving out anymore interviews? Thanks!
My guess is that they might have 1 more batch this week? Since the previous cycles normally sent out 4 batches total, so I just assume that they do the same here, but don't quote me on that though. I think the best option is to contact the OSU counselor and see. I hope you get one and best of luck!

My guess is that they might have 1 more batch this week? Since the previous cycles normally sent out 4 batches total, so I just assume that they do the same here, but don't quote me on that though. I think the best option is to contact the OSU counselor and see. I hope you get one and best of luck!
Thank you for your response. Did they have a third round? I know of two with the first being mostly OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone that attended the welcome session via zoom last session, was it more relaxed or were people dressed professionally?

For anyone that attended the welcome session via zoom last session, was it more relaxed or were people dressed professionally?
It's a mix of business casual and business/professional. If you're going to the next welcome session it never hurts to be dressed up since the dean is going to be talking in that one. I assume everyone else will be more formal too.

Is today the last welcome session? Also, does anyone know if the welcome session is mandatory?

Is today the last welcome session? Also, does anyone know if the welcome session is mandatory?
It is not mandatory. Also, in the family and friends info session they had on tuesday, they said that they are planning to do at least one more info session after today.

I just wanted to double check. These info sessions are exclusively for ppl that have had an interview?

and for those that haven’t had an interview yet, was the last correspondence from OSU confirming your prerequisites?

I just wanted to double check. These info sessions are exclusively for ppl that have had an interview?

and for those that haven’t had an interview yet, was the last correspondence from OSU confirming your prerequisites?
Yes. I think the link for the web page of the info session only available to students that were invited for interviews bc when I search OSU dental normally, I do not see that page.
I already had the interview, but yes confirming the pre-req email was the last email I received from them before I gotten the interview invite

I'm in-state and haven't received an interview invite. OSU is also my top choice, do I still realistically have a shot? :(

I'm in-state and haven't received an interview invite. OSU is also my top choice, do I still realistically have a shot? :(
Yes! I would not count yourself out- they made it very apparent that this year has been chaotic with invitations; plus they do a considerable amount of invites post-decision day :D

Reactions: 2 users
Yes! I would not count yourself out- they made it very apparent that this year has been chaotic with invitations; plus they do a considerable amount of invites post-decision day :D
I agree on Tabbaa. There were total around 70 ppl including advisors and Dr. Shaw in the session. so, there would be more invitations I could assume.

Is this true?!?! From the past I know OSU doesn’t do post December interviews unless this year they are changing that rule. They only sent 2 interview invitations out so far so let’s see.
Yeah. we will have to wait and see. I honestly don't know how they are handling admission in OSU this year. I was assuming that they might have to extend the process of inviting students for interviews post December... but again, I have no answer to that...

Is this true?!?! From the past I know OSU doesn’t do post December interviews unless this year they are changing that rule. They only sent 2 interview invitations out so far so let’s see
The assistant dean of admissions said the vast majority of acceptances will be sent December 15th. Everyone that has already interviewed will 100% know by then. She said she may hold a few acceptances for the remaining applicants (she said there were about 50 that were still being processed). She also said that they all might just go out on the 15th. At this point, the only thing anyone can do is wait and see. Those who haven’t gotten interviews, there is definitely a non-zero chance you will still get one. However, the majority of interviews have already been sent out.

The assistant dean of admissions said the vast majority of acceptances will be sent December 15th. Everyone that has already interviewed will 100% know by then. She said she may hold a few acceptances for the remaining applicants (she said there were about 50 that were still being processed). She also said that they all might just go out on the 15th. At this point, the only thing anyone can do is wait and see. Those who haven’t gotten interviews, there is definitely a non-zero chance you will still get one. However, the majority of interviews have already been sent out.
RIP, seems like the odds are against me. I'm still happy though, I got an interview at my second choice and am hopefully going to hear back from them in a week. But I'll try to stay a little optimistic and keep my eyes peeled for an interview invite, although I've come to terms with not getting in.

Someone on a Facebook groups confirmed that they received an interview yesterday. So I think they did a round yesterday (Friday)

Can confirm, I received an interview yesterday!

What group is this?
I did the DAT boot camp, and they have an admissions group on Facebook. And someone posted on there, I even messaged her to confirm and she said she just got one Friday, which I’m my head assumed that’s the third and final round.

Tomorrow is the date! Good luck to everyone who applied this cycle!

Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know of any acceptance calls? Nervously waiting over here lol

Does anyone know of any acceptance calls? Nervously waiting over here lol
That notification from SDN nearly gave me a heart attack lol

But to answer your question, I haven't heard back yet. And in one of the info sessions they said they would only notify by emails this cycle.

In the info session on Dec 3rd, they said that everyone who had their Kira assessments done before the info session would hear back on the 15th, but anyone who completed the assessment after it would most likely hear back on a later date.

Someone on facebook said they got an email omg its happening

• Wow
are they sending out emails in a batch or at various time?

I’ve seen a handful of people post they got accepted via email from 12:10-12:15 on Facebook but nothing since... any thoughts if that’s all of the acceptances going out today?

I’ve seen a handful of people post they got accepted via email from 12:10-12:15 on Facebook but nothing since... any thoughts if that’s all of the acceptances going out today?
I saw this on OSU website, so I wonder if they really not doing all the acceptance today

Attachments

• 3F9130CD-0CA7-48B6-8519-B04A2A4D4AF5.jpeg
    3F9130CD-0CA7-48B6-8519-B04A2A4D4AF5.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 188
I saw this on OSU website, so I wonder if they really not doing all the acceptance today
Saw that too, but I thought what was for the people who did their interview assessment after December 3rd. I did mine on November 22nd so I’m getting worried

Saw that too, but I thought what was for the people who did their interview assessment after December 3rd. I did mine on November 22nd so I’m getting worried
yeah. Me too. That's what I thought at first too but since it looks like not many people updated about OSU since 12:15 pm, so I wonder if they extended out the days of acceptance. We can't even email them right now, so it's all a guessing game.