OSU-COM Class of 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know of someone needing a roomie? I'm looking for an apartment to sleep in (and bathe) when driving 45 minutes is not a viable choice.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay Oklahoma, get ready for your newest resident ($ I wish $). :) I'm leaving my little nest hole today and heading north to Atlanta then west to Tulsa, my car packed to the brim with crap (my rearview mirror has been rendered useless).

The next time I post I'll be living in a completely empty apartment right next to school! Woohooooooo! I can't believe it's actually happening!
:clap:

(By the way, if anyone sees a black Corolla swirving all over the road tomorrow, don't worry. It's just me asleep at the wheel.)

Actually this past weekend, I recruited a couple of friends and we got a Yellow truck and moved all my crap to Tulsa. I drove them back to Houston, and I will be heading back to Tulsa around midnight tonight.

Hopefully I don't run into Fenrezz during his sleeping spree on the freeway.:)

Wow, the WestPort Apartments were really nice. All my friends from Houston were really impressed with Tulsa. When I looked out of my bedroom window, all I see is the School.

Hope to get there safe in the morning, and ALL OF YOU MOVING TO TULSA, I WISH ALL OF YOU A SAFE JOURNEY.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't suppose if I begged and pleaded hard enough, one of you strong men would be willing to give me and my hubby a hand getting 3 pieces of furniture up my stairs. Please? There is a small couch, a dresser, and a bed that I don't think I'll be much help with.

We are leaving here at 3:00 or 4:00 Sat morning and should arrive in Tulsa around 9:00 Saturday morning.

I will be eternally grateful. And I won't even make you move all the other stuff.

Plus, Jim and I will buy your meal Saturday when we have our SDNers event.

Anyone? Anyone? Who could use a free meal? :D

Hey Undergrad,
Even though I'm not a really strong man, I will be more than happy to give you guys a hand. I will send you my phone number in PM, I believe my phone should be connected by then.
Oh and you guys don't have to buy my meal.

Thank you so much, Dr. Maxy! How bout I give you a call when we arrive?

THANKS AGAIN!

A couple of things...

I made the reservation at Full Moon for Saturday. Since we're meeting at school, how about we all meet at the main entrance.

You're all welcome to call me when you get into town. You can email or PM me to get my phone #s.

If anyone else wants to come to the dinner, please post or email/PM me so that I can adjust our reservation. Anyone who can make it is welcome to come.

Can't wait to meet you all in person!!:clap:

First of all, thanks to Dr. Maxy for offering to help. Second of all, I went to the furniture store and bought some cheapie stuff, so now I have A LOT MORE CRAP.

Would anyone else mind giving us a hand? I'm recruiting all the people I can find because I don't want Dr. Maxy to hate me forever because I worked him like a slave.

Nothing like starting off the semester owing everyone favors. . .

Originally posted by UnderGrad
Thank you so much, Dr. Maxy! How bout I give you a call when we arrive?

THANKS AGAIN!

Undergrad,
You are welcome. See you tomorrow.

Congrats on getting the name change. I must say this one is better than the giant M. :)

Nice meeting everyone Saturday. Only thing nicer is finally getting internet access again. 20 minutes after getting my phone line finally hooked up, the cable modem man shows up. Tomorrow all the furniture arrives. Life is good. :)

Can't believe orientation is one week away. Okay, I think I wrote enough material to justify a bump.

Wait, weren't you the one who warned us against DSL?

I think I've been scammed! You work for the cable company, don't you??

:p

The cool thing is with cable I'm getting much faster speeds than I was getting back home, so already moving to Tulsa is worth the effort. When it comes to speed, you can never be TOO fast. If I can get that webpage downloaded in a quarter of a blink of an eye, instead of a half of a blink of an eye, Let it be! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
We are getting DSL from the cable company.

I believe I earlier said not to get DSL through the phone company because it is slower than dial-up (and as you've seen, their service leaves something to be desired ;) )

I talked my parents into changing their DSL from the phone company to the cable and they are very pleased.

So when did you finally get your phone hooked up?

With school rapidly approaching, my lack of a microscope is starting to worry me. Do any of you know someone that I could buy, rent, or borrow a microscope from?? Right now, paying $1200 for a new scope just doesn't sound that appealing. Thanks guys.
Ashley

Cancel the search party! Maxwell hooked me up with someone who has a scope to sell. Thanks a lot, Dr. Maxy!

If anyone is wanting to get the local TV channels without cable (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS) I have 2 decent rabbit-ear TV antennas that I can sell to you for $5 each.

They worked decently for me.

Originally posted by DrMom
If anyone is wanting to get the local TV channels without cable (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS) I have 2 decent rabbit-ear TV antennas that I can sell to you for $5 each.

They worked decently for me.

You should PM Dr. Maxy, didn't he say he was gonna go with rabbit ears?

I hope getting cable doesn't come back to haunt me. It's so easy to just start watching useless crap on tv instead of doing endless hours of study. I think I'll be spending lots of time in the library this year. Too many distractions at my place.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't wait for school to start. I need something to keep me busy and now that I'm settled into my apartment, I haven't been doing anything. hehe

Hey yal!
I got together with my mentor today! I met her the day of my interview, and talked to her on the phone in June and a couple of times since then. If you haven't met your mentor yet, talk to Student Affairs Monday. I got tons of stuff and lots of good advice. She is awesome! :clap: :clap: I have books and a microscope and I am sooooooo excited to start on Monday. Last Saturday was so cool. I am grateful that I met you all and look forward to study groups and all.

Pray and relax. I will try to take my own advice and go to bed soon.

Love and light.

I was just visiting the Incoming Students section and I could not find anyone resembling Dr. Maxy on the 1st Year list. Anyone the wiser?:(

Originally posted by eveshands
I was just visiting the Incoming Students section and I could not find anyone resembling Dr. Maxy on the 1st Year list. Anyone the wiser?:(

If you're referring to the mentor list, he's listed at the bottom of the males list as Samuel instead of Maxwell. Is that a typo?

yeap, My first name is Samuel, hence wherever you see that, that's me. However, I Love to be called Maxwell and all my best friends call me Maxwell or Max. People who call me by Samuel are folks that I'm not really familiar with.