OSU-COM class of 2014!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You don't need scrubs until rotations (although I wore scrub pants and a Tshirt to classes during MS1-2). In the anatomy lab I'd just get something cheap cause you'll want to throw them away once you're done with anatomy. I also bought a cheapo used white coat for the anatomy lab because I'm always cold.

I don't know anyone who regularly uses the cargo pant scrubs.

Members don't see this ad.

Dr Mom, did you wear the same thing to Anatomy Lab everyday, or is it better to have several crap things ready to be worn? I guess Im wondering if you get gross everyday?

I wore the same thing daily and washed it every weekend. Had to throw it away at the end of the semester as I could not wash the formaldehyde smell out of it. It was probably a split in my class between people who did what I did and those who wore different things each time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Finally got an offer. It was a tough decision between OSU and WVSOM (since deferred from there last year), but OSU it is.

I missed all the of admitted student days, but I don't think I've missed out on anything too major.

As for anatomy scrubs... when I was doing my grad program (associated with a med school), I just wore the same scrubs every time without washing. So they reeked... big deal. I just ended up having to trash them since they wouldn't stop smelling no matter how many washes. :scared: I'll likely do the same this fall... sorry ahead of time to my lab mates!

See y'all in a short time... (or over on Facebook)!

congrats, when exactly did you hear? Were you in state or out of state?

I got a call June 29 and officially accepted July 6. I am in-state and interviewed back on Feb 4.

I think I saw another incoming that just posted in the FB group she was just accepted.

Which insurance did you guys go with?

And congrats to you mhDO! Welcome aboard

Went is the AMSA Student Insurance. Cheapest option with maternity benefits and decent coverage.

Anyone else care to chime in about insurance?

BTW Anyone else hear theyre giving us a pair of OSU scrubs? (please be the black pair and not orange)

I heard some rumors about such, I hope its black also!

According to a classmate who seems to be up on things...

We'll be getting the black scrubs for the OSUMC tour but will have to provide our own for "lab day".

...via a classmate on the FB page...

-Monday the 9th
--(2:00 to 8:30) Camp Loughridge [Camp Casual]

-Tuesday the 10th
--(8:00 to 5:00) Orientation [Professional]
--(6:00) Dinner

-Wednesday the 11th
--(8:00 to 5:00) Orientation [Scrubs]

-Thursday the 12th
--(8:00 to 8:00) Student Life Day [Casual]

-Friday the 13th (Uh Oh?!?)
--(8:00 to 3:00) Hospital Orientation W/ Luncheon [Provided Scrubs]

-Saturday the 14th
--White Coat Ceremony
--9:00 Arrive / TCC PACE (81st Street and Hwy. 169)
--10:00 White Coat Ceremony

I think I deleted my email about the minimum requirements for laptops. Would someone mind posting that info if you have it available please? Thanks.

Hey guys, our house in Sapulpa is still available. Great house, about 20 minutes SW of OSU. If you know anyone that might be interested, I'd have no problem paying a referral bonus (say $500?) if you help me get this thing sold. Email me [email protected]. The house is vacant so it is available for a showing at anytime. Here's the listing: http://www.mlsfinder.com/ok_nores/kwtulsamidtown/index.cfm?action=listing_detail&property_id=1015184&searchkey=53812a2f-f789-103a-af2c-74810b40185b&npp=8&sr=1

I'll be on campus with the MS2s this Thursday (Sept 16) in the afternoon. Just thought I'd mention it just in case someone actually looks at this thread between now and then. ;)

Hey guys, I'm an ms4 looking to rent my house starting June of 2011. It's a great house less than 10 minutes from campus and the hospital. It's right off of brookside, and across from whole foods. 2 bed 1 bath. Big backyard, perfect for dogs. Rent fee is negotiable. Email me at [email protected]

Still trying to sell my house in Sapulpa. I am still offering a $500 finders fee if any of you guys can lead me to someone who buys the house. I've had some students interested in buying the house in the past, but with how things have changed in the mortgage industry, couldn't get qualified. Cliffs notes: You need to have either a working spouse/co-owner, or if say you have a parent helping you and you will own it together, you need to have 20% down as they will consider it a 2nd home if you parent already owns their primary residence. If you have a working spouse, you can get an FHA loan which would require as little as 3.5% down. Email me with questions ( [email protected] ), I've already waxed poetically about the virtues of the house in other posts so I won't waste your time here.

Here's the listing:
http://www.mlsfinder.com/ok_nores/kwtulsamidtown/index.cfm?action=listing_detail&property_id=103093 0&searchkey=c4dbd633-f426-d6b8-4a67-3b9c6452f4ef&npp=8&sr=1

As of posting they haven't updated with the new price on the website but the new price is $122,500.

Thanks,
James Stephens
OSUCOM 2010

Sorry to hear you're having so many issues, have you though about renting it out to students to atleast supplement the mortgage? My wife and I are looking for a rental to move into around march-april.

Still looking to sell at this time..
Also, one work around the parental/second party assistance option I mentioned if they can't do 20% from on hand cash, is to open a home equity loan on their primary residence. They could get a home equity loan for 25K, purchase the house that will be your residence in their name with you as a secondary, and you could repay them "rent" so to speak from loan funds.