OT: Fitness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Since I started heavy lifting, I've seen the scale go from 121.2lbs to 123.9lbs. Why is this a good thing? Because I've lost a half inch off my waist and a half inch off my hips and I'm wearing my 26 waist jeans for the first time in over a year. Screw the scale! :D

That is awesome!!!!

I don't think I've had a 26 inch waist since grade school!

That's why I kind of like this fitocracy thing. If you saw me, you'd think I was chubby, maybe even bordering on fat. But you know what? I can run a 5k with ease, I lift heavy weights, and I hike about 10 miles a week. I love that fitocracy says "here are the bad ass things you've done" and not "you weigh more than you should, even though you could kick my ass in a heartbeat".

Congrats to everyone who has been seeing results!!

Members don't see this ad.

So, I really don't know much about the machines in the gym and I think I might have logged some stuff wrong. :oops: Could you guys tell me the names for the different machines here?

pro-dual-lat-mid-row675l.jpg

Lat-Pull-Down-M5-1013-.jpg

916m.jpg

shoulder_press_machine.jpg

I feel a bit stupid, but whenever I tried googling them, different kinds of machines came up, so I wasn't sure which ones were which..

#1 +2 are lat pulldown machines. The corresponding exercise is probably 'lat pulldown' or 'wide grip lat pulldown.

I have absolutely no idea what #3 is. It looks like something you'd use to make the paddle-wheel of a boat go around.

#4 "machine shoulder (military) press."

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!

I know #3 has something to do with rowing (said so on the machine), but when I googled it, it took forever to find that picture and I still don't know how to log it..

But thanks for everything else!

Could #3 be some sort of bizarre rear delt row machine?

I logged it as Cable Rope Rear-Delt Rows, because that came the closest to what it said on the machine. Hopefully that's right enough. ;)

1st place. PetPony, 3919 Points
2nd place. Sooprnova, 3174 Points
3rd place. fromthebox, 2986 Points
4th place. Fireflysushi, 2891 Points

Congrats to first timer PetPony and everyone else too!

We had lots of people this week, hopefully that'll stay constant.

New challenge up now, starting in a day or two.

Do any of you find that after a couple weeks of regular exercise, you get fidgety on days you don't? After a long weekend of studying embryo, I was dead tired yesterday and skipped the gym after class (I was meant to be doing Week 4 Day 1 of C25k). I had supper, relaxed a little, and around 6:30pm - I had to go back to campus to go to the gym for my run. I just couldn't help it! :laugh:

The UPEI gym is closed today due to a snow day, so nothing for me today. Luckily, the challenge doesn't start for another 2 days.

Even after just a few days, I don't like skipping a day. I'm much more relaxed after I work out, so maybe that's what I'm missing?

The app is supposed to coe out on Thursday! :D

1st place. PetPony, 3919 Points
2nd place. Sooprnova, 3174 Points
3rd place. fromthebox, 2986 Points
4th place. Fireflysushi, 2891 Points

Congrats to first timer PetPony and everyone else too!

We had lots of people this week, hopefully that'll stay constant.

New challenge up now, starting in a day or two.

Way to go, PP!! :highfive:

And a big :thumbup: to the rest of you on the hard work!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any of you find that after a couple weeks of regular exercise, you get fidgety on days you don't? After a long weekend of studying embryo, I was dead tired yesterday and skipped the gym after class (I was meant to be doing Week 4 Day 1 of C25k). I had supper, relaxed a little, and around 6:30pm - I had to go back to campus to go to the gym for my run. I just couldn't help it! :laugh:

The UPEI gym is closed today due to a snow day, so nothing for me today. Luckily, the challenge doesn't start for another 2 days.

Yes!!!
I'm currently freaking out since i I feel like I haven't done anything proper in two weeks. I find myself looking up workouts I can do at home that might not be too strenuous on my foot. I still might end up paying for a different gym membership that's $25 a month and gets me access to the fitness center, track and pool but the $99 enrollment fee is not something I really want to pay. Especially since I'll probably just end up alternating between running outside and my cross fit classes once my ankle is better and this cold weather disappears. But getting the membership now would at least allow me to use the elliptical while my ankle heals and have access to weights and machines.

I haven't worked out in three weeks :( And my legs are so RESTLESS! :(

I had a week with 3 exams, a surgery, and a discussion write up, then finals week with exams and an 8 page paper, and now Spring Break (at home in L.A.)... I know. Excuses, excuses.

But starting Monday I'm headed back to my spinning classes, and will be coming after you ALL! Plus, I need your tears and/or blood to fill the victory chalice that is never coming!

The app is here!

I didn't have time to go to the gym yesterday, so I really wanted to go today, sadly thanks to my pack pain that isn't happening though. :(

I'm thinking of doing one of those Warrior Dash things where you run a 5k with obstacles (mud pit, wall, etc.) sometime this summer. Anyone ever done one?
Definitely seems like something funner than a traditional 5k to train towards and good motivation to do more full-body exercise (more than just running).

That sounds pretty awesome! If I could run that far, I'd totally prefer it over a normal one!

But I can barely run a mile.. it's sad.

I'm thinking of doing one of those Warrior Dash things where you run a 5k with obstacles (mud pit, wall, etc.) sometime this summer. Anyone ever done one?
Definitely seems like something funner than a traditional 5k to train towards and good motivation to do more full-body exercise (more than just running).

Is that the one where you get a free pint at the end of it? I've kind of always wanted to do one of those as well. I feel like I know someone who did something similar and said it was fun.

If you're up for the obstacles and the mess, you should find a Zombie Run. I know people who have done them and said they're a blast! Not to mention the free beer at the end. ;)

Is that the one where you get a free pint at the end of it? I've kind of always wanted to do one of those as well. I feel like I know someone who did something similar and said it was fun.

Haha, yes, I think there is a free beer at the end.

If you're up for the obstacles and the mess, you should find a Zombie Run. I know people who have done them and said they're a blast! Not to mention the free beer at the end. ;)

Interesting, look at these now. Just realized that the race I was looking at is a weekend I already have plans to visit friends a few states away, so, thanks for the suggestion!

This thread makes me feel lazy and fat. I'll start running again when it's warm...maybe:cool:

I'm doing the Kansas City Warrior Dash this year! I'll report on how it is, but I am pretty sure it's going to be amazing.

:)

I didn't exercise all of spring break, but I went on a ton of farm calls. Dehorning calves and palpating and carrying heavy things kinda counts, right?

Just signed up for the Philly marathon this fall!!!!

... may have to join this fitocracy group to keep myself motivated so I don't completely die during the run :)

I'm doing my first mud run on April 22! :D

I did the dash last year. There was beer and Viking hats and crazy costumed groups. Do it!

Viking hats?!? Now THAT is a RUN!! I should look to see if they have anything like that in my neck of the woods. Too much!

Also, this reminds me, I need to update my fitocracy account!

Viking hats?!? Now THAT is a RUN!! I should look to see if they have anything like that in my neck of the woods. Too much!

Also, this reminds me, I need to update my fitocracy account!
26133_840636735117_3621388_47033246_525915_n.jpg

26133_840636086417_3621388_47033156_6946656_n.jpg

ETA: I am not in these pics, as I took them.. They gave us the fuzzy hats in our packets.
You could also buy this great t-shirt that says "I <3 (viking hat)"

Awesome I want to do this this summer. How far do you usually run?

Box - VERY nice!!! Definitely looking into that. Have more than a few friends who would be willing to run if props are allowed!!

And what the hell happened to Fitocracy!?!? :eek: I couldn't log in anything because it's all so damn obnoxious and in my face. With all the freaking bubbles popping up and not being able to see the full screen (and I'm on my work computer with an 18' beauty) it was just too much. Hell, I couldn't even find the log out button so I just hit the red X in the upper right-hand corner. Why can't people leave well enough alone!?!?!? Yipe!

Box - VERY nice!!! Definitely looking into that. Have more than a few friends who would be willing to run if props are allowed!!

And what the hell happened to Fitocracy!?!? :eek: I couldn't log in anything because it's all so damn obnoxious and in my face. With all the freaking bubbles popping up and not being able to see the full screen (and I'm on my work computer with an 18' beauty) it was just too much. Hell, I couldn't even find the log out button so I just hit the red X in the upper right-hand corner. Why can't people leave well enough alone!?!?!? Yipe!

Mine hasn't been that bad, but I'm experiencing glitches where in the tracking screen, the list pops out to the right, and won't go AWAY. Also, none of the descriptions come up for activities unless you manually search them.

I've been home helping my mom with a bunch of projects on the farm this weekend. I'm having a heck of a time trying to log it all, but holy cow am I sore!

~necrobumping because it was discussed on Rabbit. Idk if we want to bring this back or what, but I didn't want to forget. ~

wii boxing has been replaced with ARMS on the switch. get with the times!

also, i went on a 5 mile hike yesterday and it was good. to stay relevant.

Reactions: 1 user
wii boxing has been replaced with ARMS on the switch. get with the times!

also, i went on a 5 mile hike yesterday and it was good. to stay relevant.
lolol I definitely don't have a switch. Plus I got to knock my dad out while drinking mimosas in between games. Not healthy, but still amazing