OT: Worlds Smallest Horse

Started by lalzi22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ill-proportioned, yes. But then again, all babies, regardless of species, lack adult proportions.
 
The head looks unusually large! I think it's a bad idea, but I have to admit, it's really cute. 😳
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes, his head is huge...i guess a head can only get so small lol but he does look super cute!! :biglove: i hope he is healthy as an adult but...who knows, that may be asking for too much 🙁
 
My vet knows these people, we were actually talking about this this morning. They're about a half hour from me...I might have to go visit!

Supposedly, as of right now, they don't think the foal is a dwarf, just very tiny. So, I've been told there's no malformed jaw, displaced sinuses, or any of the other major issues that the other tiny mini had (the previous record holder). I guess we'll see for sure when / if he grows up. Sure is cute though!

Except for the head, which might just be an angle thing (?) he actually looks surprisingly well proportioned.
 
wow, that head does look really weird. looks more to me like a mini-cow head than a mini-horse's head.... maybe because it weirdly resembles the cyclop calf in a jar that i saw at some grody state fair freak show?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Call me crazy, but I think the average mini is kind of ugly. Mini foals aren't proportioned like normal foals, either. I will admit that the video of him running is pretty cute, but give me a TB foal any day.
 
I think the main reason his head looks so large is because of the way it's colored. The dark color starts right at his jaw line adding to the large head illusion. JMO

I watched the video and kept waiting for the kid to fall on him! He's cute, but it makes me sad. I can imagine that eventually people will start doing to horses what they have done to dogs, breed smaller and smaller with no reguard to temperment and health issues, just out to make $$. Not saying in any way shape or form that THESE people did it, just that eventually it will start to happen.
 
Last edited:
I can imagine that eventually people will start doing to horses what they have done to dogs, breed smaller and smaller with no reguard to temperment and health issues, just out to make $$. Not saying in any way shape or form that THESE people did it, just that eventually it will start to happen.

You're probably right... I feel like we'll probably be seeing people trying to bring house horses into small animal clinics before long. I mean they'll be small animals right? I'm I won't deny it's adorable, but it's a sad thought too. Poor things 🙁.
 
I can imagine that eventually people will start doing to horses what they have done to dogs, breed smaller and smaller with no reguard to temperment and health issues, just out to make $$. Not saying in any way shape or form that THESE people did it, just that eventually it will start to happen.
That horse looks like a mutant. I agree with you about the idea that now people will want to downsize horses like they did to the canines. Next thing you know, Paris Hilton will want one and designer breeds will be created, with names none of which the owners will be able to pronounce but they will be proud that they own them. I can see it now...the rich and famous shopping on rodeo drive with their mini zangersheides and mini holsteiners, all dressed up in Chanel couture blankets!!!
 
OMG! So freakin cute!

Adorable... but kinda looks like someone stuck a horse head on a chihuahua, lol
So funny! the one pic does kind of look like that doesn't it? :laugh:

He's cute, but it makes me sad. I can imagine that eventually people will start doing to horses what they have done to dogs, breed smaller and smaller with no reguard to temperment and health issues, just out to make $$. Not saying in any way shape or form that THESE people did it, just that eventually it will start to happen.
Ugh, I know. Humans can be so selfish sometimes. I really hope that doesn't happen to horses, because they are an amazing creature as is.

I feel like we'll probably be seeing people trying to bring house horses into small animal clinics before long. I mean they'll be small animals right?
That would be quite an interesting scenario. lol!