OUCOM classmate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwong112001

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is going to OUCOM next year?

Members don't see this ad.

I'M GOING TO OUCOM.....CLASS OF 2007.

Nice to meet you, Jamie. I think I will attend there too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be in the OUCOM house next year! We should all keep in touch and get to know each other better. Class of 07 baby!!!

Nice....you guys can e-mail me at [email protected] or call me on my cell phone at 614-746-1686....I'm always down to make some new friends/study buddies. See you guys in the fall!

Jamie

i'll be there too, if they accept me after my interview on tuesday!

NKMU,

I hope you can get accepted too. The campus is really nice. I think you will love it once you visit the school.

Jeremy

Atlas,

Nice to know that somebody from Illinois is going to attend that school in the fall. Here is my email address.

[email protected]

I hope we can stay in touch. By the way, I am from Chicago.

i got accepted, and i'll be at OUCOM next year. my name is nick, and i'm from oxford, oh. any other miami u. people going to OUCOM?

who else out there is going to OU next year?

Hi Nick,

Have you planned where to live when you study there?

i'm trying to find a place to live right now. i've tried to call many apartment managers, but have had to leave messages at most. they have yet to return my call.

i'm thinking about renting a small house about 15 minutes out of town, but i don't know if i want to be that far away. however, the closer apartments are very expensive (>500/month for an efficiency).

i don't know if i want to have a roommate or not. certainly, i could afford a nicer place if i was sharing expenses. but i don't know any of my future classmates, and choosing someone from a roommate list can be a gamble. i get along well with most people, but i've had some roommate problems in the past.

if anyone finds some good apartment deals, perhaps you could list them here. as soon as i hear back from the landlords, i'll try to post some info. one current student at OUCOM told me he and some of his classmates are very happy at carriage hill apartments. i stayed in an efficiency apartment there, and it was big enough to be comfortably livable. still, it was 550 a month including water, trash, and cable internet. maybe that's a good deal to be had by athen's standards, i don't know

Nick,

If I were you, I would not live with a roomate. It is just too hard to deal with medical school and your roomate at the same time. I will be living one of those one-bedroom University apartment. It is $645/month, but all untilities and furnitures are included. I don't want to buy furnitures which I probably will not keep. I want to go home every year. There is no point of buying furnitures, especially when you are an out-of-state student. Here is the website you apply for the apartment.
http://www.oucom.ohiou.edu/housing

Here is the website OUCOM expects you to spend each year if you are interested.

http://www.oucom.ohiou.edu/sservices/FinancialAid/EyeOpener.htm

p.s. You only have to pay the in-state tuition from the second year on.