out of state for texas schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkelven29

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to Texas schools out of state and went to interviews.... I have not heard anything.....when am I suppose to find out if I am out of state?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Texas schools out of state and went to interviews.... I have not heard anything.....when am I suppose to find out if I am out of state?

i know that utmb, san antonio, and a&m started accepting on 10/15

I'm oos also, and the accetapnce period for all the schools started october 15th from what I've heard. My file was complete late, so I missed the first acceptance round, and I'm not sure if they have had others and I'm missing out :( or if the next round is just the big nov 15th one. I didn't want to call and pester anyone, but if anyone else feels like doing it please let us know! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Did tech start accepting out of state? I called and didn't get a strait answer, so does anybody know, and if we don't hear soon does that mean a rejection since we are not a part of the match?

I am not sure about Tech, but I don't think they've started yet. They were supposed to announce OOS and special degree programs (MD/PhD, MD/MBA) on October 15th but have chosen not to.

So I'm assuming the texas schools are still considering out of state interviewees? not everyone have been notified yet.

do any of the texas schools mail acceptance offers? or should I try to call them.... I mean it has been 3 months after my interview

does anyone know of any OOSers accepted to UTH?

do any of the texas schools mail acceptance offers? or should I try to call them.... I mean it has been 3 months after my interview

Where did you interview? I interviewed at UTMB a month ago and haven't heard back. If you call, could you post what you find out? You probably wouldn't even have to say your name if you didn't want to... just that you were wondering if OOSers have heard since oct. 15.

Call them. After the Oct 15 bunch, they might be putting you guys on the back burner till they get through with the busy part of the instate season (till feb 1) and have a better idea of what their classes are looking like. They don't have the same time constraints with OOS, so maybe they see ya'll as less urgent. Just a thought, I certainly can't back it up...which is why you should call:).

If you call, could you post what you find out? You probably wouldn't even have to say your name if you didn't want to... just that you were wondering if OOSers have heard since oct. 15.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7JKvozhfu-M&feature=related

:smuggrin:

Oh soooo funny haha. And hey, don't gimme that, I already called once and wrote a letter!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard from UTMB or San Antonio lately? I'd sent an email to utmb a week or so ago and got a very unhelpful response simply stating acceptances began to be sent on oct. 15th. (Wow, totally didn't know that!)

I called UTMB a couple of weeks ago and got the same response that you got about it starting Oct. 15. Maybe I will call tomorrow or sometime this week and say that I'm OOS and interviewed about a month ago and wanted to inquire about my status... but I have a feeling I won't get much of an answer besides "you're under review".

i interviewed at UTSW a few months ago, and haven't heard anything yet... does anyone have any idea what time they notify OOS?

I stopped holding my breath for oos texas schools a loooong time ago +pissed+

Well I do have this sleep apnea thing where I stop breathing in the middle of the night...that's kind of like holding my breath...

Well I do have this sleep apnea thing where I stop breathing in the middle of the night...that's kind of like holding my breath...

I meant more along the lines of voluntary breath holding... but yours works too. Just make sure you wake up.

I meant more along the lines of voluntary breath holding... but yours works too. Just make sure you wake up.

Alright I'm going to officially start holding my breath again with you! Please texas adcoms send us an acceptance so we can breath!!! Or are you trying to kill us?? Is that what you want, for us to die? Because by not giving us acceptances you are killing us! :cry:

Alright I'm going to officially start holding my breath again with you! Please texas adcoms send us an acceptance so we can breath!!! Or are you trying to kill us?? Is that what you want, for us to die? Because by not giving us acceptances you are killing us! :cry:

haha slow and painful my friend... slow and painful.

P.S. You've become my favorite person on here haha

Oh soooo funny haha. And hey, don't gimme that, I already called once and wrote a letter!

Oh I know. But now that you've been accepted somewhere I don't feel so guilty about picking on you:).

Still no word guys? There's a meeting for the SOM faculty tomorrow...sometimes I've heard admssions info come out of them. I'll keep my ears piqued.

Oh I know. But now that you've been accepted somewhere I don't feel so guilty about picking on you:).

Still no word guys? There's a meeting for the SOM faculty tomorrow...sometimes I've heard admssions info come out of them. I'll keep my ears piqued.

Aw, thanks. And please do... some good news would be great before I get worked by my microbiology final.

Oh and just slide a note w/ mine and dd's name on it under the door...

Oh and just slide a note w/ mine and dd's name on it under the door...

Absolutely. And the down payment on my new 10th floor beachfront condo will be Fedex'd overnight?? A mere pittance for my "inside" services, you see.

Absolutely. And the down payment on my new 10th floor beachfront condo will be Fedex'd overnight?? A mere pittance for my "inside" services, you see.

Hey you get us in there, and we'll find someway to get you not only the 10th floor, but 9th and 12th also!

So when you call, they just say "under review" then maybe I won't call yet....

i interviewed at UTSW a few months ago, and haven't heard anything yet... does anyone have any idea what time they notify OOS?

i got mine first or second day 10/15 or so, even a personal email from the person who presented me to the adcomm a week later

Hey you get us in there, and we'll find someway to get you not only the 10th floor, but 9th and 12th also!

See, this is why we would make wonderful classmates....

So there's a lot of stuff on the other texas thread about lmu changes, I was just wondering if any oosers had an update on yours?

By the way just noticed add an L infront of "oosers" and you loosers...coincidence?

That's a deal for you (a Ferrari instead of the 9th floor though), and a Bribery Five for the Toddess...*smack*.

haha I like it. *smack* back atcha

So there's a lot of stuff on the other texas thread about lmu changes, I was just wondering if any oosers had an update on yours?

Nada. Saw you had one though. How was the interview today??

Pretty good, I'd say. Shortest one I've had, was on the road heading home by 2:30. Interviewers were all pleasant, though one of them had his office door open and was constantly hollaring at the guy in the other office at random times throughout the interview. And I had one guy ask me at the end of my interview to tell him how I'd make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I was like wtf? Well I'm off, gotta go out to drink :clap:

I had one guy ask me at the end of my interview to tell him how I'd make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I was like wtf?

That my friend, is amazing. But then again, I love me some peanut butter and jelly.

That my friend, is amazing. But then again, I love me some peanut butter and jelly.

The truth is that I'm alergic to peanuts, so I've never actually made one. Fortunately I'm pretty bright and managed to muddle my way through it :idea:

The truth is that I'm alergic to peanuts, so I've never actually made one. Fortunately I'm pretty bright and managed to muddle my way through it :idea:

You shoulda just started singing the peanut butter and jelly song... "first you take the peanuts and you crunch 'em, you crunch 'em"... yeah, sad, I know.
:hijacked:

There's a meeting for the SOM faculty tomorrow...sometimes I've heard admssions info come out of them. I'll keep my ears piqued.

Back to the meaning of the thread... anything??

Yeah, someone send good news. I'm feeling pretty lucky today. :luck::luck:

You shoulda just started singing the peanut butter and jelly song... "first you take the peanuts and you crunch 'em, you crunch 'em"... yeah, sad, I know.

See, now I had you pegged as this badass lacrosse capt that has 300lb D-linemen nervously saying "yes, ma'am" as you order them around. Then you went and said this....sigh.

Back to the meaning of the thread... anything??

Yeah, someone send good news. I'm feeling pretty lucky today. :luck::luck:

Naaa. Got the usual campus announcements email and it had the meeting program...nothing to be presented from admissions was on the schedule. Sorry guys.:(

See, now I had you pegged as this badass lacrosse capt that has 300lb D-linemen nervously saying "yes, ma'am" as you order them around. Then you went and said this....sigh.

It's the Micro studying, I swear!! Ask anyone I work w/... I fit that description... except a 300 lb D-lineman doesn't exist on our team... they are called O-line.

And, I am very fond of peanut butter and jelly.

Say it aint so!

I am sorry you don't get to enjoy the goodness that is peanut butter... I really am.

Man, I will be finished w/ finals in 16 hours... I cannot waittttttt. Oh, and UTMB, send me some love in the form of a Rocky soundtracked ppt. over break. Thank you.

Alright, so I emailed the admissions office for you guys. They won't be sending any more acceptances out before the match unless the class falls below 230...they had no idea when that might happen. IMO, there's little chance that will happen since Tx kids can hang on to multiple acceptances till 1-15 (and did so last year), and the match happens less than 2 wks after that....which fills up the class again with in-staters. So you're most likely looking at waitlist season, which usually starts about month after the match, really gets going in late spring, and extends till Aug. Hopefully I'm wrong...if my performance watching Jeopardy! is any indication I probably am haha:).

Alright, so I emailed the admissions office for you guys. They won't be sending any more acceptances out before the match unless the class falls below 230...they had no idea when that might happen. IMO, there's little chance that will happen since Tx kids can hang on to multiple acceptances till 1-15 (and did so last year), and the match happens less than 2 wks after that....which fills up the class again with in-staters. So you're most likely looking at waitlist season, which usually starts about month after the match, really gets going in late spring, and extends till Aug. Hopefully I'm wrong...if my performance watching Jeopardy! is any indication I probably am haha:).

Appreciate the info. Though honestly I'd just like to know if I'm on the waitlist or rejected, three and a half months of silence from that school seems almost a little ridicules...

Well I hope UTMB accepts me on Jan.15th then....