This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meelc

UC Davis c/o 2024
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! First time applicant, and applying to the OVC DVM program as an international student.

I did notice that the OVC international admission process is a little different this year. Instead of various interview dates with 45 minute interviews, they are doing MMIs on February 2nd and 3rd. Here's the link with more info:

Selection Process

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The most recent email I received was back on October 26th just reminding of when interview dates will be and stating that applicants invited will be notified in early-mid December (expectedly)

Hey guys I'm a first time applicant to OVC 2023 and I'm applying as a domestic student; I go to Guelph as an undergrad right now. I'm really excited

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I applied as an international student, have any of you had problems sending money orders for the supplemental fee?

Hey! I applied as an international student, have any of you had problems sending money orders for the supplemental fee?

I have not. I sent a check for the supplemental fee and everything was processed without any problems!

If you guys have any questions about the experience here/any questions about the admissions process I may be able to answer them. Not sure what you guys know/dont know but the future vets club here gives us quite a bit of insight haha

BIF is now open for domestic students.

Interview invite - International!!! Woo! Came by email through assigned email address!

Reactions: 1 users
Also received an international interview invite today for 2/2, so excited!!

Reactions: 1 user
Received an international invite today! 2/3!!

I'm at 2 pm, but I'm sure we will all see each other at lunch! Also, do you guys know what the style of the interview will be? I thought they were going to be doing MMI this year (based on the website info and some previous emails), but with these scheduled times I feel like it may just be a normal interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! I won't get my interview invitation until april unfortunately haha hopefully all goes well!

Has anyone figured out if it is MMI or not? I was re-reading through the email and response to acceptance of interview and neither seems to say for sure. I think mine said the first like 30 minutes is for registration and then I have the interview. After the interview is lunch and tour, but it never confirms if it is MMI..?

Has anyone figured out if it is MMI or not? I was re-reading through the email and response to acceptance of interview and neither seems to say for sure. I think mine said the first like 30 minutes is for registration and then I have the interview. After the interview is lunch and tour, but it never confirms if it is MMI..?

I have not yet! I've been meaning to shoot them a quick email but just keep forgetting lol

Does anyone know how many OOS applicants they interview and how many seats they offer?

Also received a confirmation today that the interview will be MMI

How'd everyone feel it went? I wish they would have had more for us - informational sessions that you could've opted into or something.

How'd everyone feel it went? I wish they would have had more for us - informational sessions that you could've opted into or something.

I think it went really well!! And I do agree. I had a lot of previous knowledge about the college/program just because a good friend currently goes there, but an informational session would have been nice as well.

Yall got any advice for a domestic student interviewing in april?

There really isn't a good way to prepare for MMI. But I would look into questions online, give yourself a couple minutes to read the prompt and then give yourself only a few minutes to give an answer. Talking into a mirror might be quite useful as well

Did interview invites already get sent out?
No they didn't! I'm just going to assume that I'm getting one based on my average and the way they determine who gets an interview (they do it electronically and literally just rank the top 200 by grades and cut off the rest)

I would probably also recommend trying to find a couple of people (i.e. family, friends, coworkers) that would be willing to act as mock interviewers that just sit there and stare at you while you talk for 8 minutes. Its definitely weird to be talking to people and not having them converse and interact with what you are saying lol

No they didn't! I'm just going to assume that I'm getting one based on my average and the way they determine who gets an interview (they do it electronically and literally just rank the top 200 by grades and cut off the rest)
Is the OVC admissions page down for you? I was looking for the address to send my fall transcripts but I keep getting a webpage error.

Is the OVC admissions page down for you? I was looking for the address to send my fall transcripts but I keep getting a webpage error.
Yea it is...I just checked. I'm not sure when itll be back up but email [email protected] if it isnt soon and theyll give you some answers!

International peeps: check your portals! Mine just updated. I'm waitlisted, but still hopeful!!

International peeps: check your portals! Mine just updated. I'm waitlisted, but still hopeful!!
congrats! Guelph's international waitlist shrinks pretty quickly from what i've heard :)

Are you sure thats actually correct? I'm waiting for the email - I thought thats what they said to look for.

Are you sure thats actually correct? I'm waiting for the email - I thought thats what they said to look for.
Yes, if you log into your ovc account it is there in the “admission status”. I am also waitlisted and didn’t get an email. I’m hoping the list moves quickly like I’ve heard it has in last years

From their website: "Admission status is posted on the applicant's WebAdvisor account and an email 'offer' is sent to accepted candidates once admissions decisions are made."

My impression is that the only emails sent out are offers of admission

hey guys! I'm in the international wait pool- bummed but I suppose all is not lost. Do we have any idea how many people are on the list? Are all interviewees either waitlisted or accepted? Or does anyone get denied?

Last one I promise: does anyone know historically how the international wait pool moves through the rest of the cycle?

I weirdly had in my head that they waitlist 10, but in all honesty I don't know where I got that number from so it could be complete BS lol Somone I know who is also waitlisted called and were told they couldn't tell them how many people are on the waitlist, but they do anticipate movement, especially closer to the April 15th deadline.

I also couldn't comment on acceptances/denials since I haven't seen anyone post about either!

Hey guys! I'm on the international wait list too, but I'm still hopeful. I also heard that the interview scores will be coming in the next couple of weeks.

hey guys! I'm in the international wait pool- bummed but I suppose all is not lost. Do we have any idea how many people are on the list? Are all interviewees either waitlisted or accepted? Or does anyone get denied?

Last one I promise: does anyone know historically how the international wait pool moves through the rest of the cycle?

Hey guys! I am happy I found others in my same situation. I too interviewed and was waitlisted. I will be honest and say I do not think I did that well on the MMI so I have a feeling they just waitlist everyone who was not accepted right off the bat. Hence, I don't think no one was "rejected" yet if I had to guess. It was my first MMI ever and Guelph is my dream vet school so the nerves were high that day. I am really sad that I blew it actually. Glad everyone else is hopeful though!!!

I had a mock MMI at Guelph and I am NOT ready for the real thing lol better get practising honestly

Hey guys! I am happy I found others in my same situation. I too interviewed and was waitlisted. I will be honest and say I do not think I did that well on the MMI so I have a feeling they just waitlist everyone who was not accepted right off the bat. Hence, I don't think no one was "rejected" yet if I had to guess. It was my first MMI ever and Guelph is my dream vet school so the nerves were high that day. I am really sad that I blew it actually. Glad everyone else is hopeful though!!!

Well I looked on old forums and people got denied after the interviews. Seems like you may have done better than you thought. Hope this helps a bit :)

Also keep in mind that for international applicants post-interview we are ranked based on 65% GPA and only 35% interview score. So, if you have a high gpa you have more leniency to have not so great of an interview and still be accepted/wait listed.

just got my interview score from Guelph so keep an eye out in your email!

I just got my score. I did about what I thought I did...Too bad it probably wont get me out of the waitlist. Yikes. Stay strong my friends you guys got this!

I am not looking forward to this in may lol

It was really hard I wont lie. Nothing fully prepares you for the moment, just try to be calm and ready to react fast. Good luck!

was it more ethical questions or personal questions??

I remember the guy at the interview said everyone is either waitlisted or accepted - and around 50 people are interviewed.