This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied as an international student and I had an interview at OVC last year. It was drastically different from this year! Last year it was a panel of only two professors and I could tell they both liked me (I got lucky). The questions were MMI style but the interview was conducted in just one room... However, this year there were a total of 16 people and I knew some were not a fan of my responses. Of course, my score this year was 10% lower than my score last year, and it's on the lower end of the range for admitted students last year.

(But I got admitted and I accepted the offer! )

Don't lose hope!!!!! On my interview day, I met some people who already have offers from their home state, and pretty much everyone I met there applied to multiple schools (except me, I only applied to OVC) so the waitlist probably will shrink very quickly like @CDN-Prevet said!

Good luck to all of you!!! Maybe we could be classmates!

(I feel slightly left out because I am not from the US but all the international student tips I got were for American students coming to Canada for the first time)

Members don't see this ad.

I applied as an international student and I had an interview at OVC last year. It was drastically different from this year! Last year it was a panel of only two professors and I could tell they both liked me (I got lucky). The questions were MMI style but the interview was conducted in just one room... However, this year there were a total of 16 people and I knew some were not a fan of my responses. Of course, my score this year was 10% lower than my score last year, and it's on the lower end of the range for admitted students last year.

(But I got admitted and I accepted the offer! )

Don't lose hope!!!!! On my interview day, I met some people who already have offers from their home state, and pretty much everyone I met there applied to multiple schools (except me, I only applied to OVC) so the waitlist probably will shrink very quickly like @CDN-Prevet said!

Good luck to all of you!!! Maybe we could be classmates!

(I feel slightly left out because I am not from the US but all the international student tips I got were for American students coming to Canada for the first time)

May I ask why you applied to a Canadian school if you were not from Canada or the US? AVMA accreditation only really matters in North America.

Or did you apply as a Canadian in the international pool? In which case, how on earth are you funding the degree?

Either way, congratulations!

Has anyone heard anything yet? Im at a crossroads because I got accepted to Ross and they need a decision by April 15th.. I would rather go to guelph but ill go wherever I can. I feel like at this point the chances of getting off the waitlist are slim tbh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything yet? Im at a crossroads because I got accepted to Ross and they need a decision by April 15th.. I would rather go to guelph but ill go wherever I can. I feel like at this point the chances of getting off the waitlist are slim tbh.
I feel like there's no harm in waiting out til mid April! Did you already make you decision? I just noticed the date of your post...

International waitpool candidate- got called off the waitlist TODAY!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Domestic interview invites came out Friday if anyone didn’t know!

Wondering if anyone would like to practice for the upcoming MMI over Skype? I've compiled a huge list of potential questions and would love to go over it with someone!

Any domestic kids have mmi's yet? How'd you think they went

Reactions: 1 user
Any domestic kids have mmi's yet? How'd you think they went
I personally found them slightly difficult. But if you practice with the right resources you should be good. Many of the questions were actually from a list I brainstormed myself. Best of luck to everyone :)

Last edited:
I personally found them slightly difficult. But if you practice with the right resources you should be good. Many of the questions were actually from a list I brainstormed myself. Best of luck to everyone :)
Definitely difficult!!! But I think I managed ok. Well just have to see haha

Apparently the interview cut off went up to 88 this year! So there’s a lot of competition

Really? Is there a source for this? That’s still a significant increase from 86.8 last year. WOW!

Just got accepted 2 hours ago!!! Beyond excited and happy :)

Reactions: 1 users
I also got in guys! Congrats! Cant wait to see you both next fall :)

Reactions: 1 users