This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

londonpaisley

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm a rising junior and I've been looking at a few (around 15-20 or so) MD and DO schools and the more I look at them the more I'm doubting that I'll have credentials by senior year to apply to Med school. Below are my stats:
  1. 3.9 cGPA and 3.8sGPA
  2. I haven't taken the MCAT yet but I'm aiming for hopefully 510-515 score
  3. Mixed race
  4. Attend UMass Amherst (Microbiology major and English Minor)
  5. No clinical experience but I plan to work as a scribe my junior and senior year (as well as shadowing)
  6. Engaged in summer research and trying to get into undergrad research this semester
  7. No MDs/DOs shadowed but trying to find shadowing experience
  8. Volunteer experience in Habitat for Humanity in construction work, food kitchens, volunteering for Boy Scouts, and tutoring STEM classes for Petey Greene Program
  9. Other extracurriculars include member of APO Community Service frat, Vice president of PSP Honors Academic frat, Resident Assistant (RA), Event Coordinator in Microbiology Club, and member of Powerlifting Club
  10. Received 2 academic scholarships to UMass and Chris Petterson Pledge Award for APO

Through these stats, would I be qualified to apply for med school in my senior year (approximately 4 semesters from now)? My top 5 schools I want to apply to are UMass Chan, UCSD, Tufts, Harvard, and Yale, but the more I think about it the more I feel that those are all reaches.

Please let me know your thoughts, and thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

How many hours of each activity do you have currently? How many will you have by the time you apply?

Have you started preparing for the MCAT? Your hoped for score wouldn’t be competitive at Harvard or Yale.

No point in speculating without an MCAT score. Everyone "hopes for" a 510-515 lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Through these stats, would I be qualified to apply for med school in my senior year (approximately 4 semesters from now)?
Nobody can comment on this since we have no idea what kind of clinical experience and shadowing and what MCAT score you will have in 2 years.

Reactions: 1 user