P1 hicp students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend_new said:
In court, both David (Yacas) Monroe & Denise (DeeDee) Criswell said they were working on their dissertation/thesis for their doctorate degree...we need to inform their school about the scam http://www.nova.edu/ ... and prevent them from getting their doctorate degree. Remember, they are using our tuition money to buy their so-called DOCTORATE degree.

Send to the Nova school dean and appropriate department (management and leadership)...of all the articles from the star bulletin http://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn&q=hawaii college of pharmacy, and court case found at http://www.hawaii.gov/dcca/areas/ocp/udgi/lawsuits/hicp/ if they have not been informed about this.

And Hasan as well, http://www.emich.edu/, photos http://www.wmich.edu/yes/pdf/fall02.pdf
Washington University, http://www.washington.edu/ his PhD should be revoked
Why don't you do it?

Members don't see this ad.

Caverject said:
Why don't you do it?

Don't forget to date, sign, and turn it into the FBI or to whom it may concern.

Friend_new said:
, , , , , [email protected]

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to you about a professor who got his PhD
from your school, University of Washington.

UW Degree Validation: Last, First Name

Hammam Adib Hasan - first enrolled summer 1980

* MASTER OF EDUCATION , earned March 22, 1985
* DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (EDUCATION) , earned August
22, 1997
o DEVELOPING A PICTORIAL METHOD TO EXAMINE
GANG AND NON-GANG PERCEPTIONS OF SCHOOL.

This professor is involved in a scam at the Hawaii
College of Pharmacy (HICP). He lied to the students
and news reporters (Starbulletin.com) while teaching at
this school. The school is presently being sued by the
state (DCCA).

Full details can be found at the following links:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&t...n+hawaii+college+of+pharmacy&btnG=Search+News

and court case found at:
http://www.hawaii.gov/dcca/areas/ocp/udgi/lawsuits/hicp/

We would like to pursue criminal charges. We feel
that his PhD should be revoked not only for unethical
misconducts, but also for misrepresentations (lies) to the
Hawaii community and members of the Hawaii College of
Pharmacy.

Sincerely,
HICP students
The degree is granted, not pending. The school can't revoke it. You are wasting your time and their time.

Members don't see this ad :)
bananaface said:
The degree is granted, not pending. The school can't revoke it. You are wasting your time and their time.

Isn't it a shame that Dr. Hasan actually came from such a school that someone knows here...well, at least, something is being done. I found articles about degree revoked from school that have academic integrity,

http://www.statenews.com/article.phtml?pk=31071

http://web.mit.edu/arc/learning/modules/acadintegrity/consequences.html

"* Have his/her degree revoked, for conduct while at MIT which would have warranted expulsion but was not known until after the student graduated."

Friend_new said:
Isn't it a shame that Dr. Hasan actually came from such a school that someone knows here...well, at least, something is being done. I found an article about degree revoked, http://www.statenews.com/article.phtml?pk=31071

* Have his/her degree revoked, for conduct while at MIT which would have warranted expulsion but was not known until after the student graduated.

Unless your school have no academic integrity...
as much of an idiot Hasan is, he is not a dictator of a country. get real

Caverject said:
as much of an idiot Hasan is, he is not a dictator of a country. get real

Thank you Cav, you made your point. and we can use that extra time, now that we're out of (a) school

Friend_new said:
Thank you Cav, you made your point. and we can use that extra time, now that we're out of (a) school
its awful that students were "duped"
however caverject is right.....

make sure that you all make rational decisions when going after these people. You want everyone to take you seriously so while venting on here is ok and big ideas are fun to talk about please becareful in what you actually go through with.

Friend_new said:
Isn't it a shame that Dr. Hasan actually came from such a school that someone knows here...well, at least, something is being done. I found articles about degree revoked from school that have academic integrity,

http://www.statenews.com/article.phtml?pk=31071

"* Have his/her degree revoked, for conduct while at MIT which would have warranted expulsion but was not known until after the student graduated."

As a former student, I can empathize with how you feel. I don't know how successful you will be but if Hasan's PhD gets revoked because of your efforts that might be a good thing.

Please focus our engery and focus to make sure David Monroe (yacas) and Denise Criswell is behind bar first.

sdnreader said:
Please focus our engery and focus to make sure David Monroe (yacas) and Denise Criswell is behind bar first.

The sample letter can be modified...also any ideas that we could think of to catch these crooks before they get away would only do us some good, and benefit others.

I hope that most HICP students are putting as much effort if not more into reapplying to other pharmacy schools/professional schools as they are in revenge...

nikkai said:
I hope that most HICP students are putting as much effort if not more into reapplying to other pharmacy schools/professional schools as they are in revenge...
Word.

The best thing they can do is not to let this situation become any more of a setback than it already is.

I think students are reappling...and I think students who pursue criminal actions or "any other" action have justification to do so...whether contacting the FBI, NOVA Southeastern, or the University of Washington.

M&C are trying to get their ED from Nova SE...I think they mentioned that opening "this" pharmacy school is part of their dissertation. I honestly don't think it's a "wrong" to imform NOVA about the current situation...it may put M&C ED degree at risk. It's like if you cheat in High Sschool, you get a record in your file, so when you apply to a College or University they will take that fact into consideration.

For Hasan with his Ph.D...you would "assume" he would be a professional and act with the highest ethics..but that isn't the case. I guess $200K overcames his ethics. Wether they revoke his degree or not, maybe this will inform them who they gave a Ph.D. degee to.

Doing something is better then doing nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Trying to get Hasan's PhD revoked, and prevent M & C's EdD from being awarded is useless.

CONVICTED criminals earn college degrees all the time. PRISON INMATES can earn degress. M/C/H have yet to be charged, much less convicted of any criminal offense.

Focus your energies elsewhere.

All4MyDaughter said:
Focus your energies elsewhere.

Easy to say when you're not the one swindled out of $30K + living expenses for a year in Hawaii.

I agree that the former HICP students should not let this stop them from pursuing their PharmD goals via a more conventional route... but if I was in their shoes, you can bet that I would concurrently do everything I could to make M,C, and H's lifes a living hell.

pharmaz88 said:
Easy to say when you're not the one swindled out of $30K + living expenses for a year in Hawaii.

I agree that the former HICP students should not let this stop them from pursuing their PharmD goals via a more conventional route... but if I was in their shoes, you can bet that I would concurrently do everything I could to make M,C, and H's lifes a living hell.

If former HICP students want M, C and H brought to justice - that's great. Work with the Division of Consumer Affairs on the civil lawsuit. Press criminal authorities to investigate filing criminal charges. If I were in their shoes I would be doing all of those things.

My point is that the students shouldn't waste their energies on something that has ZERO chance to suceed: getting Hasan's degree revoked or preventing Monroe and Criswell from receiving theirs. It isn't going to happen, and they will have wasted valuable time they could have spent doing something productive.

Degrees which are pending are potentially vulnerable. Schools do have conduct policies and take them very seriously.

Degrees already granted are not, unless there is proof that the degree was granted under false pretenses - say a PhD was found not to have authored their own thesis, or to have falsified data or something like that. How people behave after graduation is generally irrelevant.

bananaface said:
Degrees which are pending are potentially vulnerable. Schools do have conduct policies and take them very seriously.

Degrees already granted are not, unless there is proof that the degree was granted under false pretenses - say a PhD was found not to have authored their own thesis, or to have falsified data or something like that. How people behave after graduation is generally irrelevant.

In my higher education law class (during my grad program) we learned that schools generally shy away from disciplining students for matters unrelated to the school. So school conduct policies might not apply.

I just remembered that someone said that HICP was allegedly part of M and C's doctoral dissertation. If that is the case, then maybe there is something the students can do.

I still think there are better ways for the students to direct their energies.
If they want to come visit me in Kentucky, I will take them to TP Monroe's house. ;)

I say if it makes you feel better, just go for it! These people didn't care about you, why should you care about them?!

All4MyDaughter said:
In my higher education law class (during my grad program) we learned that schools generally shy away from disciplining students for matters unrelated to the school. So school conduct policies might not apply.

I just remembered that someone said that HICP was allegedly part of M and C's doctoral dissertation. If that is the case, then maybe there is something the students can do.

I still think there are better ways for the students to direct their energies.
If they want to come visit me in Kentucky, I will take them to TP Monroe's house. ;)

M & C's dissertation was about starting and running a university. Sounds like a failure to me...

bananaface said:
Degrees already granted are not, unless there is proof that the degree was granted under false pretenses - say a PhD was found not to have authored their own thesis, or to have falsified data or something like that.

Like Dr. Martin Luther King? Heaven forbid that they revoked his PhD, since he was already dead. Instead we have to name a bazillion streets after him.

nikkai said:
This is getting ridiculous.

Unless you're there, you will know. Otherwise, you can talk all you want on here and no one would believe you...unless you finally end up in court.

Is there any updates on the civil proceedings from the DCCA? Does anyone have any new updates?

pharmacy said:
Hey guys how are you !
can you please check this link for hydrocodone medicine ?
*spam link removed by bananaface*
thanks all!!!

BANNED

I just thought of something new. If the school took in 6.7million and its a for profit company doesn't that mean that they have to file taxes. So did they file taxes in NV where there is no personal income tax. Does HI have their own tax laws?

Just a thought.... maybe M,C,H commited tax fraud.

ucrsandstorm said:
I just thought of something new. If the school took in 6.7million and its a for profit company doesn't that mean that they have to file taxes. So did they file taxes in NV where there is no personal income tax. Does HI have their own tax laws?

Just a thought.... maybe M,C,H commited tax fraud.

I own a corporation, so I can give you some help here. A company can be incorporated in any state. They file a return for that state as well as a federal return. The corporation pays taxes on any profits during the year. Salaries, payroll taxes, insurance, rent, utilities, start-up costs, books & magazines, etc are all expenses that are deducted from the income received. Other valid expenses are any legal fees and accounting fees that the corporation incurs. If the school had high legal fees, that will eat up a big chunk of money and could leave nothing for restitution. It's all perfectly legal.

Personal income tax is paid on the salary drawn by an individual. The indivudual files their W2, just as any other employee. Corporations do not pay personal income tax because they are not a person.

i just really think its a shame this thread is dying.... it was such a staple for so long...

i enjoyed being hasan's spy!

hasans_spy said:
i enjoyed being hasan's spy!
I hope you enjoyed losing $40,000 like the rest of us. And I certainly hope you enjoy burning in hell, troll.

that's hasan spy volunteer work would look really good on his/her app :laugh:
-----------------
anyways, just thought of starting a new thread for ex-hicp students

Name School Accepted Denied

ex-hicp student XXXX Accepted

ex-hasan spy XXXX Denied

To be continued.....RX :love:

hah! u tool!!! i walked away with all my tuition! so in y0 face. life is good...
JohnHICP said:
I hope you enjoyed losing $40,000 like the rest of us. And I certainly hope you enjoy burning in hell, troll.

Here are my thoughts on HICP
I'm glad most of the damage is over. I take comfort to know that not more unsuspecting students are going to be taken for ride by these people. I would count my blessing if I were one of the 44 students who deferred from last years inaugural class.

From one who have experienced the ups and downs of being at HICP, it's refreshing to know that Hawaii does have good people in their government helping this situation. The OCP within the DCCA have been invaluable to protecting students in general. There are good students who did attend HICP. I personally know several who are capable of going to other programs but they just made the best decision for themselves based on false information. And it turns out everyone was taken advantage of weather they know it or not.

My hope is within 1-2yrs, to see committed academic achievers from HICP do well at other programs or jobs. I hope other people won’t blacklist or prejudge these students for what they have been through. The best way to show people what you’re made out of is to do the right things. This trial/investigation may last a long time and the outcome is yet to be determined. So it’s not completely over, just in another phase.

hasans_spy said:
hah! u tool!!! i walked away with all my tuition! so in y0 face. life is good...
If you’re stuck as Hasan’s spy, then I feel very sorry for you. I hope you will learn the same lessons as I have from this experience :D .

bananaface said:
Do you have anything to contribute, or are you just here to incite and irritate other guests?
the answer is pretty clear...

JohnHICP said:
the answer is pretty clear...
You know, when people come here and troll you justify their time and effort by reacting negatively. Also, they are almost always misrepresenting themselves. Taking the content of their posts seriously also eggs them on. Chances are this person never even went to HICP and is trying in vain to amuse everyone, or is simply trying sucessfully to stir stuff up for their own amusement. Don't let them win. If someone is trolling and seems to plan on sticking around for awhile, I can run a cleanup.

ucrsandstorm said:
If you’re stuck as Hasan’s spy, then I feel very sorry for you. I hope you will learn the same lessons as I have from this experience :D .

So you’re implying you once were Hasan’s spy too? If not, what experience is it that you were referring to? And what kind of lesson were you learning? I heard you were Miyahara’s spy, rather than Hasan’s. WoW…interesting!!!

sofaraway said:
So you’re implying you once were Hasan’s spy too? If not, what experience is it that you were referring to? And what kind of lesson were you learning? I heard you were Miyahara’s spy, rather than Hasan’s. WoW…interesting!!!

What gave you that idea? I supose if someone told you the sky was falling you would go out with a bucket trying to catch it. Use some common sense.

SDN is here to exchange useful information and dicuss topics. So, I'm going to post up useful information or updates as I get them. :laugh:

ucrsandstorm said:
What gave you that idea? I supose if someone told you the sky was falling you would go out with a bucket trying to catch it. Use some common sense.

SDN is here to exchange useful information and dicuss topics. So, I'm going to post up useful information or updates as I get them. :laugh:

Uhm...you did (as in you gave me the idea). Your post implied it, didn't it? It said "If you’re stuck as Hasan’s spy, then I feel very sorry for you. I hope you will learn the same lessons as I have from this experience." From the way it sounded, it meant to me the experience you mentioned was that of being a spy, no? If you weren't a spy, then why did you hope that spy person learn the same lesson as you, a non-spy (supposedly you weren't a spy)? I just thought spy and non-spy, if they did learn, learnt different lessons. Uhm...just so confusing...one line you talked about the person being the spy; the next line you said your experience. It just seemed like spy and your experience were tied together. I thought that was a confession from you; that was why I asked. And if it were, it would be valuable information for me, as well as other people, because we'll learn to judge people correctly, so that in the future we won't bump into the same mistakes (supporting a spy that is). If you weren't a spy, I think you would be the one to need to use logic in your post. I did not mean to be that technical, but for the people that sort of have encountered you, it does make a huge difference in determining how you are. You did appear like a spy the whole time and you tried too hard to be the lifesaver too...like..."guys...it's going to be okay and stuffs"...as well as the "i'm feeling sorry for you" etc. (yeah...you're so superior)
Oh, by the way, those previous lines didn't mean to be a criticism. It's just so you know how people think of you (and I'm not only speaking for myself) so that maybe you can try to limit that "I'm the president...i'll take care of everything for you guys" attitude of yours (if you chose to).
yeah...let's just stick to important details regarding OUR school
peace

...we all did experienced some good and perhaps lots of bad experiences...so why not just let the good one (if there were) to help us further or achieve our goal...and leave the bad one behind, that's just another story for others to deal with

well, whatever the outcome may be, don't let greed or others to hold us back...they just come and go...(like $)

But in the end, when we do have reached our goal and dream, because of the good connections that we have or the support that we get from others, we will know that it'll be worthwhile...other swill look upon us maybe with envy (yes, you're accepted to pharmacy school or you got a great job.....etc)

and some say maybe there was a reason (rationale) for all this to happen :laugh:

Because life is too short and to waste a peach of mind :rolleyes:

And there are just too many CUTE and SWEETest things in the world to miss...and you know what/who i am talking about :p

sofaraway said:
Uhm...you did (as in you gave me the idea). Your post implied it, didn't it? It said "If you’re stuck as Hasan’s spy, then I feel very sorry for you. I hope you will learn the same lessons as I have from this experience." From the way it sounded, it meant to me the experience you mentioned was that of being a spy, no? If you weren't a spy, then why did you hope that spy person learn the same lesson as you, a non-spy (supposedly you weren't a spy)? I just thought spy and non-spy, if they did learn, learnt different lessons. Uhm...just so confusing...one line you talked about the person being the spy; the next line you said your experience. It just seemed like spy and your experience were tied together. I thought that was a confession from you; that was why I asked. And if it were, it would be valuable information for me, as well as other people, because we'll learn to judge people correctly, so that in the future we won't bump into the same mistakes (supporting a spy that is). If you weren't a spy, I think you would be the one to need to use logic in your post. I did not mean to be that technical, but for the people that sort of have encountered you, it does make a huge difference in determining how you are. You did appear like a spy the whole time and you tried too hard to be the lifesaver too...like..."guys...it's going to be okay and stuffs"...as well as the "i'm feeling sorry for you" etc. (yeah...you're so superior)
Oh, by the way, those previous lines didn't mean to be a criticism. It's just so you know how people think of you (and I'm not only speaking for myself) so that maybe you can try to limit that "I'm the president...i'll take care of everything for you guys" attitude of yours (if you chose to).
yeah...let's just stick to important details regarding OUR school
peace
I don't think you care or want to know what I think. For sure your not trying to do me any favors. I wonder if you ever attempted to contact me to resolve your differences instead of chatting fearlessly behind my back. I offer to you and others who have different points of views to contact me personally. I can try to help clear the air. A few people who have taken me up on the offer, have felt better, realized what has transpired, and have moved on.

If you don't understand my previous post than maybe you should reread it again. I think your drawing your own conclusions and thats a good thing. Just for the record I was never anyone's spy. As much as you would like to believe, the previous post is not a confession. And the lessons to be learned from HICP (spy or nonspy), is to watch for the red flags and not to keep your head in the ground. The spy terminology came up later in the year when things got so bad at the school that Hasan had other students doing his dirty work for him.

Is that logical for you?

I want to keep this clean so others can post helpful information in the future. :love: :love: :love:

ahhh so i see you are a spy, mr. prez. unfortunately you many keep secrets away from the hicp students. sorry everyone but i was here just to make a point...all along he was a disenchanted spy that got smacked over by hasan. sorry mr. prez, i knew you were going to blurp out that you were once his spy. unfortunately, as u'd like not to believe he was a spy for hasan, the biggest and most unfounded one. he never even helped out the students...you're just in it for you're out sake. so if you root for him, you just shot yourself in the foot. admit it mr. prez. i know you more than you think, you dont fool me. :smuggrin:

ucrsandstorm said:
I don't think you care or want to know what I think. For sure your not trying to do me any favors. I wonder if you ever attempted to contact me to resolve your differences instead of chatting fearlessly behind my back. I offer to you and others who have different points of views to contact me personally. I can try to help clear the air. A few people who have taken me up on the offer, have felt better, realized what has transpired, and have moved on.

If you don't understand my previous post than maybe you should reread it again. I think your drawing your own conclusions and thats a good thing. Just for the record I was never anyone's spy. As much as you would like to believe, the previous post is not a confession. And the lessons to be learned from HICP (spy or nonspy), is to watch for the red flags and not to keep your head in the ground. The spy terminology came up later in the year when things got so bad at the school that Hasan had other students doing his dirty work for him.

Is that logical for you?

I want to keep this clean so others can post helpful information in the future. :love: :love: :love:

to answer your point, he was hasan's spy til he found out...there was a separation of corporation and faculty. mr. prez was the spy of hasan, and so did his gf...but yes, mr. prez became disenchanted and became the cry baby to all the faculty...but no there was no such thing as miyahara spies. it did not exist. :thumbup:
sofaraway said:

and to all of you...im here to expose the truth. sorry but someone wanted this thread to go on...so here i am. btw sorry johnHICP i was just messing you. but yea you watch out for mr. prez cuz he once was rooting for your very expulsion at HICP in the beginning of the year. he's your JUDAS ISCARIOT. along with mr. prez and corp. you're were pretty damn close to getting the boot. soo think twice when you start agreeing with him. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.