Pacific U - Roll Call and Info thread...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had to get this out there!!! Got off the phone w/ Professor Myers, and the final LOR is in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It should be here in 2 to 3 days - So hopefully it will be in the mail by Monday, or perhaps Tuesday morning!!!! I know the man upstairs is looking out for me... now lets all have a collective prayer for the US postal service. If there was ever mail that needs to be delivered, pharm school application material is it.

Had to vent...

~above~

Congrats ~above~
:)

I have a question that I hope to get some feedback on. I will have a little more than 40 shadowing hours by the end of next week in five different settings; I haven't worked in a Pharmacy. I feel I am a great applicant for Pac Pharm School(and others) other than I just don't have the Pharm work experience that other people have. Anyone else in this situation? I've asked a Pharmacist to do the evaluation form for me which he seemed very willing to do. I'm sure he'll be fine filling it out and give me good marks. Writing a letter is a step above though and it seems a bit paradoxical to ask someone that has known me for only ~ 20 hours to write one. thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Gsinccom - There are times when you need to follow proper protocals and such - LOR's do not count however... Let him (or her) know your intentions now... Speak from the heart about your goals, and what you are currently doing to obtain them. If he cant or wont write it, he will let you know just then. That way you can find someone else to write it. Dont wait though, time is of the essence...

and thanks - it feels good to finally have all my ducks in a row...

~above~

Gsinccom - There are times when you need to follow proper protocals and such - LOR's do not count however... Let him (or her) know your intentions now... Speak from the heart about your goals, and what you are currently doing to obtain them. If he cant or wont write it, he will let you know just then. That way you can find someone else to write it. Dont wait though, time is of the essence...

and thanks - it feels good to finally have all my ducks in a row...

~above~

I'll have the evaluation from him (which is what they require) but I'm not sure if I'll get the optional letter. ~above~ I do appreciate your thoughts. Anyone else have thoughts on this too?

still paging Danny and Bio:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Gathering all the documents takes a long time. I wanted to get my application done weeks ago however it extended until now.
My gpas all are around 3.5
1 month technican experience
pharmacy Observation experience
Bachelors of pharmacy from India

Can't wait until they start they interview process. The staff at Pacific is very friendly and helpfull. Other school's should use this school as a model. They have changed the tradtional education system into something more meaningful. I recomend this school highly and hopefull get admitted this year.

Gathering all the documents takes a long time. I wanted to get my application done weeks ago however it extended until now.
My gpas all are around 3.5
1 month technican experience
pharmacy Observation experience
Bachelors of pharmacy from India

Can't wait until they start they interview process. The staff at Pacific is very friendly and helpfull. Other school's should use this school as a model. They have changed the tradtional education system into something more meaningful. I recomend this school highly and hopefull get admitted this year.

Nice to meet ya, and I am glad you introduced yourself. I really hope we all get a chance to meet at the 1st interview (or maybe 2nd /3rd) The people on this forum and the school are just awesome...

~above~

Question is volunteering at a pharmacist considered as work or Extracurricular?

2nd question is i'm a little confused in the pre req for social/behavior science, does ethnic studies fit in this catagory? I took pyschology 1 but it is used to fill my psych pre req... I'm alittle confuse if somebody knows i'd greatly apperciate it.

I dont think so... Under pharmacy experience - it specifically asks if the experience was for a paid position or not. Meaning, even if its extra curricular, it specifically needs to be placed there, and not with the other stuff. Extra C's should be what you do when you are not doing anything for your curriculum. I think volunteering/shadowing can be considered part of your curriculum.

I put down YMCA, Motivational Speaking, Softball, and march of dimes. I wish I had more, but thats really all I had time for...

As to ethnic studies - I think that would be considered a humanity, not a science. Did you take US Gov? or Sociology??? I used intro to psych for psych and US gov for my social science. Check the descriptions for social/behavorial science - I think you can find them on the Pre-req worksheet...

~above~

Congrats ~above~

I have a question that I hope to get some feedback on. I will have a little more than 40 shadowing hours by the end of next week in five different settings; I haven't worked in a Pharmacy. I feel I am a great applicant for Pac Pharm School(and others) other than I just don't have the Pharm work experience that other people have. Anyone else in this situation? I've asked a Pharmacist to do the evaluation form for me which he seemed very willing to do. I'm sure he'll be fine filling it out and give me good marks. Writing a letter is a step above though and it seems a bit paradoxical to ask someone that has known me for only ~ 20 hours to write one. thoughts?

G - I'm in the exact same boat as you are. I ended up with 55 hours on my app (I've since done about 8 more). 16 at a Rite Aid, 16 in a mail-order pharmacy, and 23 at a hospital (where I have continued). All were shadowing/volunteering. Anyway, since I mostly interact with other techs at the hospital, I asked the manager of the mail-order pharmacy if he'd be willing to help me with a LOR. I also felt strange about asking him to write a letter, so he just filled out the form for me. Since I was unsure I would be able to get a pharmacist to fill out the form, I did ask two science professors for letters. So I included the "extra" LOR, which will hopefully make up for the relatively weak pharmacist LOR. It is what it is...I also feel I am a very good candidate, but my lack of pharmacy experience will probably be my biggest "weakness" as far as Pacific is concerned. We'll see how it goes!:luck:

G - I'm in the exact same boat as you are. I ended up with 55 hours on my app (I've since done about 8 more). 16 at a Rite Aid, 16 in a mail-order pharmacy, and 23 at a hospital (where I have continued). All were shadowing/volunteering. Anyway, since I mostly interact with other techs at the hospital, I asked the manager of the mail-order pharmacy if he'd be willing to help me with a LOR. I also felt strange about asking him to write a letter, so he just filled out the form for me. Since I was unsure I would be able to get a pharmacist to fill out the form, I did ask two science professors for letters. So I included the "extra" LOR, which will hopefully make up for the relatively weak pharmacist LOR. It is what it is...I also feel I am a very good candidate, but my lack of pharmacy experience will probably be my biggest "weakness" as far as Pacific is concerned. We'll see how it goes!:luck:

But the sparkling personality more than makes up for any lack up experience - you both will be fine - G-lets just get our stuff in - leave all of the pressure with the ADCOM :D

~above~

I was under that impression too... until the last time I spoke with Vanessa. She said that the date is really just a reminder to get your stuff in early. She said people really like deadlines. In truth though, your app will be looked at in the order in which it was received. If thats the case, and they have received 50 good apps, then the first date is already filled. I know this is distressing for us - we just need to get our stuff done ASAP and put our names in the hat. I'm hoping danny or Bio can confirm this...

~above~

Hey I hope this is not the case. If there is a deadline for getting the first round of applications then they should stick to it and wait til oct 1st to start reviewing applications. I dont think they have their set applicants in mind yet. They still have a couple more students that are waiting for the rec letters to get done so they can send it out. I already e-submit my online application. ITs funny that i got an email this morning telling me that I am missing my transcripts and rec letters. Hopefully I can send it out at the latest on monday. Probably have to be overnight or two day postal.

Quick question, i just want to make sure, but is this the address to send our transcripts and rec letter?

222 SE 8th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR, 97123

I've been trying to look around everywhere for the address on the site doesn't clearly state it. Thanks for the help.

Quick question, i just want to make sure, but is this the address to send our transcripts and rec letter?

222 SE 8th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR, 97123

I've been trying to look around everywhere for the address on the site doesn't clearly state it. Thanks for the help.

Almost:

222 SE 8th Ave; Suite 212
Hillsboro, OR 97123

That's where I sent mine, and my file is complete!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats ~above~

You've got nothing to worry about. I had no prior experience working as a tech when I applied, just 100 hours of volunteer time at a local hospital pharmacy (originally Pacific was recommending 100 hours later changed to 40). I'm sure tech experience can only help your application, but don't think that just because you only have volunteer experience you are at any kind of disadvantage in the admissions game. The school only wants to make sure you know what you are getting into. As for the LOR from someone that "barely" knows you, yeah you kinda figure the letter is going to sound generic, but I tried to balance that by having my second LOR written by a professor who knew me quite well and could put down something that sounded personal.

Hope that helps.

question about essay format. They have 2 questions on the PU application. Do you think I can put both questions in one essay? Or 2 different essays?

one of my recommender's handed me her letter (with her name signed across the seal) last week and said here you go. I was really pleased to have it until I realized Pacific wants them to be mailed to my house and then I put them in the packet that I send to them with my transcripts. What should I do? Should I ask her to do it again or do you think Pacific will understand?

one of my recommender's handed me her letter (with her name signed across the seal) last week and said here you go. I was really pleased to have it until I realized Pacific wants them to be mailed to my house and then I put them in the packet that I send to them with my transcripts. What should I do? Should I ask her to do it again or do you think Pacific will understand?

hmmm... It really shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I think its used as a tool to keep your things separate and together - Sounds like you need to give a call to Vanessa. Open communication goes a long way to resolving minor issues.

~above~

You're kidding me. Why does it need to be sent? My bet is that it doesn't matter because that is an absurd and pointless waste of time.

Ahh...just sent my transcripts and letters in today via 2 day snail-mail. They should get my completed application by mid-week which means that I'm eligible for interviewing with the first group. O for you guys who are worried that they already selected the first batch, I got an email from Vicki Simmons saying that they wont review any application until the Oct 1 deadline is up. Which means that if they receive the completed application by the end of this week, you might get interviewed with the first batch.

Ahh...just sent my transcripts and letters in today via 2 day snail-mail. They should get my completed application by mid-week which means that I'm eligible for interviewing with the first group. O for you guys who are worried that they already selected the first batch, I got an email from Vicki Simmons saying that they wont review any application until the Oct 1 deadline is up. Which means that if they receive the completed application by the end of this week, you might get interviewed with the first batch.

Congrats, and welcome to the waiting game!

You're kidding me. Why does it need to be sent? My bet is that it doesn't matter because that is an absurd and pointless waste of time.

I agree that it doesn't make much sense but I don't want them to dock me cause I didn't follow the instructions exactly:)

any other thoughts on this?

I agree that it doesn't make much sense but I don't want them to dock me cause I didn't follow the instructions exactly:)

any other thoughts on this?

Well, my pharmacist's recommendation technically came via mail, but I noticed there was no postmark on it. So from Pacific's point of view, it was just handed to me. My file is complete, no questions asked.

Here's from the instructions: "Ask the evaluator to complete the form, sign it, and enclose the evaluation form (along with the additional typewritten evaluation letter, if obtained), in the envelope. Your evaluator should also sign it across the seal, and return the envelope to you."

I does say you should provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope, but I don't see evidence that it HAS to be mailed. IMO, this is not something to stress about.

Do pharmacy schools pick most of their applicants from the first batch of intervewees? Also, how many interview rounds do most have?

Do pharmacy schools pick most of their applicants from the first batch of intervewees? Also, how many interview rounds do most have?

Not necessarily. I mean your chances of getting in are higher if you interview in the first batch but if they feel that none are qualified they'll wait until the next round to give you a decision. I think there are about 3 rounds of interview. Dont quote me on this but i think thats the average.

Almost:

222 SE 8th Ave; Suite 212
Hillsboro, OR 97123

That's where I sent mine, and my file is complete!

actually the zip code is 97124
it's listed on the website under "view instructions"

that's weird. the paper application says "97213" and the online application says "97214" :confused: uh oh

Well, either probably is fine (I'm sure they go to the same post office - there's not much out there). I sent mine to 97123, and it arrived fine!

Well, either probably is fine (I'm sure they go to the same post office - there's not much out there). I sent mine to 97123, and it arrived fine!

Ladies & Gents!!! My application is in the mail and will arrive by 1030 Pacific time tomorrow!!!!!! I have never felt so nervous mailing anything - this was huge.

Also - just to clarify - the deadline is just a tool used to get your application in early. It does not mean anything as it pertains to your application however. You application will be reviewed in the order in which it was received. When they have what feels like a good group, they will invite them for the first round. This process will continue until they fill all of the spots. Kudos to those of you that got your apps done early (Pharm47 comes to mind). Everyone else - stop waiting, and get yours in - It would be awesome if just about everyone posting in this forum was able to be accepted to Pacific U's Fall 07 class.

~above~

Not necessarily. I mean your chances of getting in are higher if you interview in the first batch but if they feel that none are qualified they'll wait until the next round to give you a decision. I think there are about 3 rounds of interview. Dont quote me on this but i think thats the average.

Pacific had 4 or maybe 5 last year. Dont worry - turning in your app now pretty much means you will get a fair shot at getting an interview. I just hope my stats are high enough. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed... for the next 4 months!!!! hahah oh well - its still been a pretty good day.

~above~

Ladies & Gents!!! My application is in the mail and will arrive by 1030 Pacific time tomorrow!!!!!! I have never felt so nervous mailing anything - this was huge.

Also - just to clarify - the deadline is just a tool used to get your application in early. It does not mean anything as it pertains to your application however. You application will be reviewed in the order in which it was received. When they have what feels like a good group, they will invite them for the first round. This process will continue until they fill all of the spots. Kudos to those of you that got your apps done early (Pharm47 comes to mind). Everyone else - stop waiting, and get yours in - It would be awesome if just about everyone posting in this forum was able to be accepted to Pacific U's Fall 07 class.

~above~

Congrats! I've been checking my email constantly, but I imagine it will be at least two weeks until people start hearing about interviews. I have other things to stress about in the meantime (work, marathon, fall classes), but I can't seem to focus on anything but the application process!!

Well i sent in my transcripts, and i double checked everything on my online applicatoins, i just need to submit it. Every thing is good to go. I have just one more thing i like all your opnion on. There is a optional essay in the essay portion where you let the school know more about your self. I was wondering if it is smart to mention about the reasons why i did so poorly in my early college years. I had NO legit reason, but in my essay i mention that i learned from my mistakes and have become more focus because of my failures. Do you think this is something positive that might help me? Just like some opinion on what i should do.

And thanks for all your help guys, if it wasn't for you i never think i make it to the early deadlines.

Well i sent in my transcripts, and i double checked everything on my online applicatoins, i just need to submit it. Every thing is good to go. I have just one more thing i like all your opnion on. There is a optional essay in the essay portion where you let the school know more about your self. I was wondering if it is smart to mention about the reasons why i did so poorly in my early college years. I had NO legit reason, but in my essay i mention that i learned from my mistakes and have become more focus because of my failures. Do you think this is something positive that might help me? Just like some opinion on what i should do.

And thanks for all your help guys, if it wasn't for you i never think i make it to the early deadlines.

I'm not sure from your post whether you'd already mentioned it in your previous essay or not...but here are my thoughts:

If you haven't talked about it, YES, use the optional essay as a place to explain your past performance and talk about lessons learned and plans to do well going forward.

If you have already talked about it, only use the optional essay if you have additional information to add. Don't just reiterate the same things already mentioned in your personal statement.

I'm not sure from your post whether you'd already mentioned it in your previous essay or not...but here are my thoughts:

If you haven't talked about it, YES, use the optional essay as a place to explain your past performance and talk about lessons learned and plans to do well going forward.

If you have already talked about it, only use the optional essay if you have additional information to add. Don't just reiterate the same things already mentioned in your personal statement.

I think you might be confusing Pacific w/ pharmcas ;) - there is no personal statement for Pacific U. There is one essay on "why you chose pharmacy" and another one on "Your priorities in life". If you are a re-applicant - there is a special essay for you, and then finally, there is the essay in question.

Pharm47's advice does sound good though.

Personally - I don't think you should not address any issue in an essay that is not warranted. Thus, you should not have addressed your academic standings anywhere (and as a rule of thumb, never address anything negative in a personal statement) except in the final essay. The "oops I messed up early" portion is saved for this specific essay.

Just so you know, I have to fill that one out as well - I am sporting a big WF early on my transcript as well as 2 c's and 3 B's. HAHAH - its all good, definitely explain it. Being young can definitely be a reason for bad grades. All of mine were before I joined the Marine Corps. You would be surprised what Marine Corps boot camp can do to your discipline.

Don't be shy about it - be honest, open, and candid. I think It will go a long way.

~above~

I think you might be confusing Pacific w/ pharmcas ;) - there is no personal statement for Pacific U. There is one essay on "why you chose pharmacy" and another one on "Your priorities in life". If you are a re-applicant - there is a special essay for you, and then finally, there is the essay in question.

Personal statement, why pharmacy...what's the difference?!;)

Personal statement, why pharmacy...what's the difference?!;)

Hey Pharm - for those of us who dont know - how do I go about checking my status??? My online app is there - and my snail mail arrived today (I know it wont be updated for awhile). Im just wondering where to look. Also - should I be concerned it says I have still not submitted my GPA calculation form??? I thought was actually inside the application? I hope I didn't miss a step (its only 5 screens)

Hey Pharm - for those of us who dont know - how do I go about checking my status??? My online app is there - and my snail mail arrived today (I know it wont be updated for awhile). Im just wondering where to look. Also - should I be concerned it says I have still not submitted my GPA calculation form??? I thought was actually inside the application? I hope I didn't miss a step (its only 5 screens)

Click on “how to apply”
Get to “Application Account Menu”
Click “Review Your Activity”
Enter login info
On “Activity for John Doe” page you should see under Submitted Forms a line for “Pacific University – Grad” Click this link. Underneath is should say “Status: _____”

As for the GPA Calculation - there are only 5 screens, but (if I remember correctly), you have to click on each calculation link and enter your credits on a separate applet. Can you get to the "Activity for John Doe" page? From there click "Application home" link, then "Online Application for the School of Pharmacy " and it will show if you have submitted. I would imagine you couldn't submit if you hadn't completed all necessary fields. Hmm I hope this makes sense (I'm supposed to write training material for computer programs at work...haha!) Let me know what you see!

BTW, I also see this on my status page:

Visited Forms
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
NOTE: Visited forms are those forms you have accessed but not submitted, including instances when you return to a form you have already successfully submitted.

Returning to a form that has already been submitted does not affect your successfully submitted forms (listed at the top of this page) in any way.

[ Show / Hide Visited Forms ]
Pacific University - Grad
Pacific University School of Pharmacy GPA Calculation Form
Started: 01:05 PM, August 02, 2006 (PST)

If this is what you're seeing regarding the GPA Form, I don't think it is something to worry about. I've had this since the first time I tried to enter my GPA, and it never went away, and my application is complete with Pacific (per Vicki Simmons).

BTW, I also see this on my status page:

Visited Forms
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
NOTE: Visited forms are those forms you have accessed but not submitted, including instances when you return to a form you have already successfully submitted.

Returning to a form that has already been submitted does not affect your successfully submitted forms (listed at the top of this page) in any way.

[ Show / Hide Visited Forms ]
Pacific University - Grad
Pacific University School of Pharmacy GPA Calculation Form
Started: 01:05 PM, August 02, 2006 (PST)

If this is what you're seeing regarding the GPA Form, I don't think it is something to worry about. I've had this since the first time I tried to enter my GPA, and it never went away, and my application is complete with Pacific (per Vicki Simmons).

That is exactly what I am talking about - glad to see someone else has it too... My status is still pending confirmation... I dont understand it :mad: They've had my LORs and Transcripts for nearly 15 minutes!!!! hahaha

I guess I can finally start the waiting process... Pharm - thanks a lot - how are your other apps going??? Any interviews yet?

That is exactly what I am talking about - glad to see someone else has it too... My status is still pending confirmation... I dont understand it :mad: They've had my LORs and Transcripts for nearly 15 minutes!!!! hahaha

I know the feeling!!

I guess I can finally start the waiting process... Pharm - thanks a lot - how are your other apps going??? Any interviews yet?

No news regarding interviews. I heard from OSU and USC that my application is complete, but nothing more. UCHSC cashed my check, but never told me if my application was complete, and hasn't responded to my inquiry, so oh well! I haven't submitted my secondary to UCSD, and I might not...I'm running low on $$$!!

How about you? It would be really nice to know something by the end of the year. I'd probably quit my job after my year-end bonus!!:rolleyes:

It would be really nice to know something by the end of the year.

I couldn't agree more:)

and may I just say...this thread is such a great way to share wisdom:)

update: I got my 2nd letter today and am getting my pharmacist one (third one) this weekend. I am just finishing up my essays too. So, this Friday/Saturday I'll be able to get it all off and meet the postmarked deadline. Can't wait to be done.

What other schools are the rest of you, except for Pharm who just told us, still applying to? I am gonna to apply to USN after I get done with my Pac stuff. I am focusing on these two schools for now but am considering others.

Also, does anybody remember where I can find the list of the top 50 pharm schools? I know I've seen it, within the past month, here on SDN but can't find it now.

later

I couldn't agree more:)

and may I just say...this thread is such a great way to share wisdom:)

update: I got my 2nd letter today and am getting my pharmacist one (third one) this weekend. I am just finishing up my essays too. So, this Friday/Saturday I'll be able to get it all off and meet the postmarked deadline. Can't wait to be done.

What other schools are the rest of you, except for Pharm who just told us, still applying to? I am gonna to apply to USN after I get done with my Pac stuff. I am focusing on these two schools for now but am considering others.

Also, does anybody remember where I can find the list of the top 50 pharm schools? I know I've seen it, within the past month, here on SDN but can't find it now.

later

I found the school rankings listed at

http://www.uspharmd.com/student/2005_School_Rank.html

It says that the results are pulled from US News, so these are not the most current. Just so you know, Pharm school rankings dont work like you might think they do. They are subjective, based on specific, limiting criteria. I think grant money has something to do with it. In short - Academics and the percentage at which their students pass the NAPLEX has no bearing on the rankings (I know - makes no sense)

As to the schools - I am applying to the University of Florida and Nova Southeastern. They are really just backups though - Pacific is where I want to go. I may also apply to South and Appalachia - They both have three year programs (although they are not on the block system)

We really do have a good group of people on this thread - It seems like most people that were active in the the thread last year were accepted - Hopefully we can repeat the performance this year.

Oh... and pharm - dont worry - Your stats are awesome - Pacific would have to be crazy not to at least invite you for an interview. I would be more than surprised if you were not given an early interview.

~above~

I just logged on to Pacific this morning to check my status - and can you believe that they have already confirmed all of my stuff. I'm not kidding - My LOR's, Transcripts, and online app were there less than 24 hours. What school responds this quickly???

Just so I am not getting myself all worked up for nothing - does this look right?

Amount Paid: $95.00
Started: 08:36 AM, August 08, 2006 (PST)
Sent: 10:16 AM, September 27, 2006 (PST)
Confirmed: 07:13 AM, September 28, 2006 (PST)

Does this mean I am complete??? I had my LOR's and Transcripts UPS'd overnight. They arrived at 1030 AM yesterday (I timed it to coincide with my online app)

Pharm - is this the same method you utilized to confirm your application material?

~above~

Amount Paid: $95.00
Started: 08:36 AM, August 08, 2006 (PST)
Sent: 10:16 AM, September 27, 2006 (PST)
Confirmed: 07:13 AM, September 28, 2006 (PST)

Does this mean I am complete??? I had my LOR's and Transcripts UPS'd overnight. They arrived at 1030 AM yesterday (I timed it to coincide with my online app)

Pharm - is this the same method you utilized to confirm your application material?

~above~

Yep - this is what I see. Also "Status: Payment accepted, data sent, received, and confirmed! " This page showed my status on Thursday evening, and I received a confirmation email from Vicki Simmons on Friday night morning, so you'll probably get an email sometime today or tomorrow.

Congrats! It feels good to have it all in. Now we just need to hear about interviews!!!!

I found the school rankings listed at

http://www.uspharmd.com/student/2005_School_Rank.html

It says that the results are pulled from US News, so these are not the most current. Just so you know, Pharm school rankings dont work like you might think they do. They are subjective, based on specific, limiting criteria. I think grant money has something to do with it. In short - Academics and the percentage at which their students pass the NAPLEX has no bearing on the rankings (I know - makes no sense)

We really do have a good group of people on this thread - It seems like most people that were active in the the thread last year were accepted - Hopefully we can repeat the performance this year.

Thanks for the list! It is too bad that the rankings are just off of reputation/history of programs. I have heard it is more challenging to get top notch residency positions and clinical pharm jobs if you don't attend one of the top 20 programs. That being said, I still prefer Pac and USN cause I love the block system and the three year programs.

I just got my last letter and so my packet will be sent off tonight or tomorrow morning! Hurray! I just need to finish up the last polishing on my essays and get my online app off by Oct 1st! Hurray again!

later

Just posting to check on everyone's status. Tonight is the pep rally and tomorrow is Alabama... Post up when you guys (and gals) get the chance.

~above~

edit - its so obvious when my gf is out of town isn't it??? I post way too much

Hey you guys, I'm pretty much finished with everything but I've been procrastinating on the prereq section of the application. I have a few questions:

1) What are they referring to when they want you to put in "Dept and No."? Like CHEM 111A or something (cause mines can't fit)?

2) For "Course title," that refers to the name of the class on the transcript right, like Inorganic Chemistry?

3) Does it matter what order you put the classes in?

4) For semester schools, does 1 credit = 1 semester hour? I just go by credits at my school so I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure it's right.

Thanks you guys! :love:

URGENT. Are courses like food science, astronomy, envi. science, included in the science gpa? I'm finishing up my application before I send it today.

Hey you guys, I'm pretty much finished with everything but I've been procrastinating on the prereq section of the application. I have a few questions:

1) What are they referring to when they want you to put in "Dept and No."? Like CHEM 111A or something (cause mines can't fit)?

2) For "Course title," that refers to the name of the class on the transcript right, like Inorganic Chemistry?

3) Does it matter what order you put the classes in?

4) For semester schools, does 1 credit = 1 semester hour? I just go by credits at my school so I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure it's right.

Thanks you guys! :love:

1) Yes, Dept=Chem, No=111
2) Yes
3) No
4) Depends on your school. I graduated with 32 "semester credits," so 1 credit for me = 4 semester credits. Generally a full course load would be considered 16 semester credits per semester. So that might help you figure it out.

Savvy - I think those would be considered science, but I'm really not sure. On Pharmcas, astronomy and agricultural (couldn't find food) science are considered "other science," and ecology and earth science (= env. science?) are considered biology. I would go by the department the course was offered in. If its a science field, use it for your science gpa. I would think Astronomy and Env. Science for sure are, but I"m not as sure about Food Science.

Okay, thanks pharm47. Can someone confirm that about my question? If envi science and astronomy are part of science gpa?

Status
Not open for further replies.