Pacific University, Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Dwardo

Hello, first time posting to these forums. I just got my interview invitation for 10/24, who else is going to be there?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't know they had a date on the 23rd. Mines 10/24

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, Im there on 24th as well.

How long after submitting did you get an interview?

How long after submitting did you get an interview?
They received my PharmCAS on 9/24, my supplemental had been submitted about a month before. They gave me the invitation on 10/13.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got a call last night from my interviewer and I'm in! :D

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my call this morning and I'm in as well!

At 8.22 got the call.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my interview coming up in December any advice?

Most of the day is spent doing orientation and Q&A. The interviews are after lunch, they take about 15-30 minutes depending on who you get. I would spend some time browsing through the interview questions people have posted on this site. Other than that, I don't really think it's much different from a job interview. Be confident and remember to relax.

how long after your supplemental and pharmcas were submitted to hear from pacific?

It takes PharmCAS 5-6 weeks to verify everything after you submit it. After that was verified, I was contacted by Pacific the next day to tell me they had received my PharmCAS application. About 3 weeks later, I got the email to interview.

Most of the day is spent doing orientation and Q&A. The interviews are after lunch, they take about 15-30 minutes depending on who you get. I would spend some time browsing through the interview questions people have posted on this site. Other than that, I don't really think it's much different from a job interview. Be confident and remember to relax.

It takes PharmCAS 5-6 weeks to verify everything after you submit it. After that was verified, I was contacted by Pacific the next day to tell me they had received my PharmCAS application. About 3 weeks later, I got the email to interview.

Thank you! I received an email from them today saying they received my application :)

For anyone waiting for an interview at Pacific, here are there interview dates for the 2016 starting class
October 24, 2015
December 4, 2015
January 30, 2016
February 20, 2016
March 11, 2016

Thank you Dwardo, did you accept their offer for admissions?

RphCat, this timeline is the same for me.

I got the email for a December 4th interview!! Yay!

anyone have any suggestions for preparing for the interview???

Hello, first time posting to these forums. I just got my interview invitation for 10/24, who else is going to be there?
How kin did it take for you to hear back from pacific with a decision? I just had my interview today

@RphCat @Dwardo Hoping to get an interview! Do you both mind sharing your stats! Thank you! Also, have you completed all of your pre-reqs or do you still have some in progress?

@RphCat @Dwardo Hoping to get an interview! Do you both mind sharing your stats! Thank you! Also, have you completed all of your pre-reqs or do you still have some in progress?
Best of luck to you!

My overall gpa is 2.9
Lots of pharmacy leadership experience, extracurriculars and volunteer work.
3 strong letters of rec from pharmacists
Since pacific doesn't look at the pcat, that didn't matter

Hi all, just had interview on December 4th and am constantly checking my phone and email. Any 2019 hopefuls keep us posted on when you hear back from Oregon Pacific please

Hi all, just had interview on December 4th and am constantly checking my phone and email. Any 2019 hopefuls keep us posted on when you hear back from Oregon Pacific please
I have been too!!

Overall 3.5
Science 3.6
PCAT 84 (doesn't matter though)
5ish years of pharmacy experience
3 LOR's
Bachelor's in random liberal arts major that they probably didn't care about

At the time of my application I still needed Organic Chem 1&2, Physics, Gen Bio 2, and Micro. Finishing it all up this semester and in the Spring, they definitely don't care as long as you get it done.

Overall 3.5
Science 3.6
PCAT 84 (doesn't matter though)
5ish years of pharmacy experience
3 LOR's
Bachelor's in random liberal arts major that they probably didn't care about

At the time of my application I still needed Organic Chem 1&2, Physics, Gen Bio 2, and Micro. Finishing it all up this semester and in the Spring, they definitely don't care as long as you get it done.
Wow great job on the pcat without Ochem! That's impressive

Here it is the week of finals and the only question I'm searching the answer for is WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD BACK FROM OREGON PACIFIC YET? ! Ok.. well.. maybe because they still have until Friday to let us know but I'm anxious...

Here it is the week of finals and the only question I'm searching the answer for is WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD BACK FROM OREGON PACIFIC YET? ! Ok.. well.. maybe because they still have until Friday to let us know but I'm anxious...
Hahahahah this is exactly me too!!!

I'm waiting to hear for an interview (or rejection)! They received my application 12/7. I have two interviews scheduled for January with different schools but Pacific is my preferred choice!
GPA: 2.9
Science GPA: 3.2
PCAT: 74

BS - Health and Exercise Science - Concentration Sports Medicine
MS - Toxicology - GPA 3.8
Graduate Teaching assistant - Pharmaceutical and Regulatory Toxicology
Graduate Teaching assistant - Toxicological Mechanisms
President - Toxicology Student Association

I'm waiting to hear for an interview (or rejection)! They received my application 12/7. I have two interviews scheduled for January with different schools but Pacific is my preferred choice!
GPA: 2.9
Science GPA: 3.2
PCAT: 74

BS - Health and Exercise Science - Concentration Sports Medicine
MS - Toxicology - GPA 3.8
Graduate Teaching assistant - Pharmaceutical and Regulatory Toxicology
Graduate Teaching assistant - Toxicological Mechanisms
President - Toxicology Student Association
I'm sure you will get an interview and if you do, you will do fine! Fingers crossed for you :)

Anyone here anything yet? Lol

In response to waiting for an interview invitation:

I got an invitation to interview within 2 weeks after my application was received and the day after I called to check my application status (not sure the call helped or if it was coincidence). I know they're breaking for Christmas soon so if you want to ease your nerves you could call and ask about the status of your application and when you can expect to hear back? If you're polite it can't hurt.

Anyone here anything yet? Lol

Still nothing yet... and of course the volume on my phone isn't working reliably so hopefully they'll leave a voicemail if and when they call.

Still nothing yet... and of course the volume on my phone isn't working reliably so hopefully they'll leave a voicemail if and when they call.
Same here... Getting anxious

Yay! Congrats!!! How long ago did you get the call? Still waiting :(

Got the call like a hour and a half ago, i think they are making calls out today to Friday, so hopefully you will hear soon! Goodluck! :)

Is there a facebook group for the class of 2019?

I got the 2:28pm call of acceptance. They are calling people tomorrow too (depending on who interviewed you).

Reactions: 1 users
I just got the call as well, I'm in too! yay! congrats everyone :)

Reactions: 3 users
Everyone that just got accepted congratulations.

Reactions: 2 users