Pacific University Oregon Fall 2014 Enrollment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Charles2017

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wanted to get a forum started for those enrolling at PacificU to start Fall 2014. I have submitted my PharmCAS applications to be sent to Pacific University, University of the Pacific, California Northstate, and Touro (CA). I would rather not attend school in California so PacificU is my #1 choice.
 
Last edited:
lol you wont get in without taking ochem. a 4.0 isnt much if you havent even taken ochem/calc so good luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know at least 2 current pharmacy students at Pacific got accepted without Ochem at the time they applied (because I took the same Ochem class with them hehe). So yes, you definitely can get in. However, academic performance is just a part of a big picture. Work on your personal statement and interview skills, those things will help you get a seat in Class of 2017.
 
Mr. Wes Welker,
You have had your SDN account for a maximum of 11 days and have managed to provide 3 forums a total of 6 pessimistic comments. Please consider adding something beneficial, credible, educational, or inspirational to your posts. Until then, please remove yourself from this forum. Thank you

im just trying to help you save some money
 
I have been checking every day to see if it is up. I am assuming the words will turn into a link like the PharmCAS portion is on their website. The site use to say "The supplemental application will be available in early July" and it was changed like a week ago to say "The supplemental application will be available in July."
 
me too! I emailed Kieran and she said it wasn't quite ready but will be available on their website. I'm not sure when though =\
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have not, and I submitted it the first weekend it was made available. I think that any time in the next 1-3 weeks we could be hearing something

I submitted mine when it was made available last month. I called today and Keiren said we should be hearing about interview decisions within the next week. 🙂 good luck everyone 🙂
 
I submitted mine when it was made available last month. I called today and Keiren said we should be hearing about interview decisions within the next week. 🙂 good luck everyone 🙂

Sweeeeet... thanks for the good luck and good luck to ya'll back!
 
Hey Kaidou1412,

What do you know about being a pharmacist in the army? I'm almost positive my wife will never go for having me join (and they say don't join if your wife won't support the decision), but I still think it is interesting. On the army website it says that if you are a pharmacist in the army they will pay for $40,000 a year for tuition up to three years... which ironically is the tuition of PacificU!
 
Hey Kaidou1412,

What do you know about being a pharmacist in the army? I'm almost positive my wife will never go for having me join (and they say don't join if your wife won't support the decision), but I still think it is interesting. On the army website it says that if you are a pharmacist in the army they will pay for $40,000 a year for tuition up to three years... which ironically is the tuition of PacificU!

one quick tip, currently army shut down incentives for nurses. what i can expect in 5 years is cut incentives of pharmacist too or maybe already no incentives. why? there are too many surplus of pharmacists.
anyways, yes you can have up to 120k loan repayment with 6 years of ADSO. by having residency option, you will have additional 2 years of ADSO. but what i know is that army does not pay for the loan interest.

more likely you will be an admin pharmacist of one section as O-3 captain. which means you will do regular pharmacist job + supervising role of your section. To me, Air Force is better option but they have no open spot currently.
 
Then go apply Oregon state university..lol. Pacific oregon has their own good reason for us to apply.



I'm just trying to help you save some life time, dude. Get your life lol


my life is in the backyard i just got it. where is your life?
 
I wanted to get a forum started for those enrolling at PacificU to start Fall 2014. I have submitted my PharmCAS applications to be sent to Pacific University, University of the Pacific, California Northstate, and Touro (CA). I would rather not attend school in California so PacificU is my #1 choice.


you should apply to the university of california at riverside
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"within the next week" came and went... did anyone else hear anything?? I want to be in that first interview group so bad!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, knowing that you won't doesn't do any good does it?!

Well, there is the option of not knowing for sure but thinking that it's highly likely. A "probably" in the earlier statement would've created less confusion. A+ for confidence though.
 
Sorry i was just confused because I didn't know someone could know they'd get an interview or not before the committee even told. But good luck though!

hah love the confidence! I havent heard back either but im hoping i do! :scared: