Pacific University Oregon Fall 2014 Enrollment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charles2017

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to get a forum started for those enrolling at PacificU to start Fall 2014. I have submitted my PharmCAS applications to be sent to Pacific University, University of the Pacific, California Northstate, and Touro (CA). I would rather not attend school in California so PacificU is my #1 choice.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
lol you wont get in without taking ochem. a 4.0 isnt much if you havent even taken ochem/calc so good luck

lol you wont get in without taking ochem. a 4.0 isnt much if you havent even taken ochem/calc so good luck
I will be starting a year of Organic Chemistry this Fall

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
no you still wont get in

I know at least 2 current pharmacy students at Pacific got accepted without Ochem at the time they applied (because I took the same Ochem class with them hehe). So yes, you definitely can get in. However, academic performance is just a part of a big picture. Work on your personal statement and interview skills, those things will help you get a seat in Class of 2017.

no you wont get in trust me

Mr. Wes Welker,
You have had your SDN account for a maximum of 11 days and have managed to provide 3 forums a total of 6 pessimistic comments. Please consider adding something beneficial, credible, educational, or inspirational to your posts. Until then, please remove yourself from this forum. Thank you

im just trying to help you save some money

oregon state is a much better school I heard

oregon state is a much better school I heard

I heard the same thing too BUT I recently met some OSU pharmacy interns and they do hate their program hehe:laugh:

I have been checking every day to see if it is up. I am assuming the words will turn into a link like the PharmCAS portion is on their website. The site use to say "The supplemental application will be available in early July" and it was changed like a week ago to say "The supplemental application will be available in July."

Members don't see this ad :)
me too! I emailed Kieran and she said it wasn't quite ready but will be available on their website. I'm not sure when though =\

I emailed too but its not gonna be up until september or october

It's available! Will try to get it done before the weekend.

Last edited:
bump. for the people that are applying/already accepted what are your stats?

Has anyone received an interview invitation yet?

Has anyone received an interview invitation yet?
I have not, and I submitted it the first weekend it was made available. I think that any time in the next 1-3 weeks we could be hearing something

I have not, and I submitted it the first weekend it was made available. I think that any time in the next 1-3 weeks we could be hearing something

I submitted mine when it was made available last month. I called today and Keiren said we should be hearing about interview decisions within the next week. :) good luck everyone :)

I submitted mine when it was made available last month. I called today and Keiren said we should be hearing about interview decisions within the next week. :) good luck everyone :)

Sweeeeet... thanks for the good luck and good luck to ya'll back!

Hey Kaidou1412,

What do you know about being a pharmacist in the army? I'm almost positive my wife will never go for having me join (and they say don't join if your wife won't support the decision), but I still think it is interesting. On the army website it says that if you are a pharmacist in the army they will pay for $40,000 a year for tuition up to three years... which ironically is the tuition of PacificU!

Hey Kaidou1412,

What do you know about being a pharmacist in the army? I'm almost positive my wife will never go for having me join (and they say don't join if your wife won't support the decision), but I still think it is interesting. On the army website it says that if you are a pharmacist in the army they will pay for $40,000 a year for tuition up to three years... which ironically is the tuition of PacificU!

one quick tip, currently army shut down incentives for nurses. what i can expect in 5 years is cut incentives of pharmacist too or maybe already no incentives. why? there are too many surplus of pharmacists.
anyways, yes you can have up to 120k loan repayment with 6 years of ADSO. by having residency option, you will have additional 2 years of ADSO. but what i know is that army does not pay for the loan interest.

more likely you will be an admin pharmacist of one section as O-3 captain. which means you will do regular pharmacist job + supervising role of your section. To me, Air Force is better option but they have no open spot currently.

Then go apply Oregon state university..lol. Pacific oregon has their own good reason for us to apply.

I'm just trying to help you save some life time, dude. Get your life lol

my life is in the backyard i just got it. where is your life?

I wanted to get a forum started for those enrolling at PacificU to start Fall 2014. I have submitted my PharmCAS applications to be sent to Pacific University, University of the Pacific, California Northstate, and Touro (CA). I would rather not attend school in California so PacificU is my #1 choice.

you should apply to the university of california at riverside

"within the next week" came and went... did anyone else hear anything?? I want to be in that first interview group so bad!!!!

"within the next week" came and went... did anyone else hear anything?? I want to be in that first interview group so bad!!!!

within the next week from 9/23 is this week man.

Congrats man (or woman)! nov 16th?

Last edited:
Unofficial official facebook group for class of 2017 is called "Pacific University Oregon School of Pharmacy Class of 2017" Please search it and request to be added to the group.

Unofficial official facebook group for class of 2017 is called "Pacific University Oregon School of Pharmacy Class of 2017" Please search it and request to be added to the group.

I couldn't find it. Any way you can post a link?

Well, knowing that you won't doesn't do any good does it?!

Well, there is the option of not knowing for sure but thinking that it's highly likely. A "probably" in the earlier statement would've created less confusion. A+ for confidence though.

Sorry i was just confused because I didn't know someone could know they'd get an interview or not before the committee even told. But good luck though!

Sorry i was just confused because I didn't know someone could know they'd get an interview or not before the committee even told. But good luck though!

hah love the confidence! I havent heard back either but im hoping i do! :scared:

well I'm not from Oregon ;) but yes applying this school. like their 3 years block system and curriculum. The location is awesome too.