Pacific University, Oregon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waiting for committee hold status to change...I hope to hear good news

Comparing it to last year's cycle, you should hear back by the end of this week.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello people,

I have a quick question. I haven't heard anything back from them since I submitted my secondary in December. I am surprise that some of you have the pre-interview status .. should I email and ask them about this ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello people,

I have a quick question. I haven't heard anything back from them since I submitted my secondary in December. I am surprise that some of you have the pre-interview status .. should I email and ask them about this ?

hm lol. you should have asked earlier. From my email, it says 2/25 was the last interview date...I didn't get to go, but you can call and see what sup..

ok .. thank you for the info. I am surprise that they didn't send me anything like denied letter, email about this

ok .. thank you for the info. I am surprise that they didn't send me anything like denied letter, email about this

I didn't get a deny letter either, but I did receive a confirmation saying it was under review.

I didn't get a deny letter either, but I did receive a confirmation saying it was under review.

I got interview waitlisted for 2/25. I wish there was a spot for me to go. Did you call/e-mail PacificU after this date to see if there's still interview dates/room available?

I got interview waitlisted for 2/25. I wish there was a spot for me to go. Did you call/e-mail PacificU after this date to see if there's still interview dates/room available?

i got put on interview waitlist too. I didn't call them since

2/25 was the last interview day, if you weren't invited to it then unfortunately your application got denied.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey I'm on tier 2.. I'm kind of happy and those of you that are despairing over your tier numbers.. don't fret too much about it. My cousin got accepted last year and she was on tier 3 = )

hey I'm on tier 2.. I'm kind of happy and those of you that are despairing over your tier numbers.. don't fret too much about it. My cousin got accepted last year and she was on tier 3 = )

Well the only thing that worries me about the tier is that this school is my first choice and I might hear from this school after I have already moved to another school that is further.

SJCollins

Yea that would be a bummer if that scenario played out for you.. hopefully a lot of people will reject their acceptances to Pacific for their top choices.. and fast. It seems like most applicants applied to many pharmacy schools so I view that as a positive thing.

I just got the call! I was accepted as well, after being waitlisted from the 3rd interview date!

Cheers!

Tire 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared::scared::scared:

anyone know how many people in each tire??? How many chance can I get in from tire 2??? bad bad bad :scared::scared::scared:

about how many people are in each tier??? i really hope i get in this school!

about how many people are in each tier??? i really hope i get in this school!

Last year they had about 30 students in each tier, this time of the year I got wait listed..then by the end of March they sent the first update that they started taking from tier one. By mid June they went through all tier one and started with tier two. I don't think they took any from tier three which I was in but I saw a post here saying that someone was picked from tier three so I don't know if that really happened or not but it won't be any time before mid July.

I am declining admission and I will not be attending Pacific, good luck to those who are waitlisted!

Last year they had about 30 students in each tier, this time of the year I got wait listed..then by the end of March they sent the first update that they started taking from tier one. By mid June they went through all tier one and started with tier two. I don't think they took any from tier three which I was in but I saw a post here saying that someone was picked from tier three so I don't know if that really happened or not but it won't be any time before mid July.

How do you know that there are about 30 students in each tier? I'm on tier 2...I really want to get into this school. What are my chances?

How do you know that there are about 30 students in each tier? I'm on tier 2...I really want to get into this school. What are my chances?

Bellow is part of Kieran's email last year on 3/29/2011.. My info is based on last year's cycle since I was waitlisted until the last moment!! Chances in my opinion are : Tier 1 ~ 75-80%... Tier 2 ~ 55-60%... Tier 3 ~5%.....

"Greetings from Pacific University!

The School of Pharmacy Admissions Committee has sent out acceptance offers to candidates for the Class of 2014. We have seen some movement within these initial acceptances offers, which means we have begun to accept students off of the waitlist from Tier 1. We have not accepted all students from Tier 1. Currently, the waitlist is comprised of 91 candidates with equal amounts in each Tier. At this time, your Tier position has not changed. Please do not be discouraged. It is still very early and the program does not begin until August. I will keep you notified of major movement on the "

This means you won't hear if you're accepted until end of June this year. The wait list process is slooow..

Got an acceptance call this afternoon!!

I'm on tier 3. Bummer. I really fell in love with this school. Congrats to everyone who was accepted!!

I had interview on 2/25 too but I didn't receive any email. Many of you who interviewed on 2/25 already heard back? Should I call them and ask?

Kieran just emailed me back and said theres about 40 candidates per tier that means chances for tier 2 us slimmer than last year :(

Interviewed on Nov. 19, but have not heard back after the most recent interview. Could this mean I have been rejected?

I had interview on 2/25 too but I didn't receive any email. Many of you who interviewed on 2/25 already heard back? Should I call them and ask?
I'm in a similar predicament. Have you heard anything?

At the interview Kieran told us that they had 30 people in each tier last year. She also said that they didn't take anyone from tier three last year so those people should look at other schools just in case :xf:But I would keep my fingers crossed you never know what could happen. someone said they know someone who got accepted from tier 3 but maybe they were in a different tier? I don't think Kieran would give false info..

Have those of you who didn't hear anything after the interview called the school? I'm in a similar predicament from another COP and I'm not sure what the proper protocol is. It seems really rude for a school to not even let you know what their decision is either way. And I'm surprised they would do that. It's really easy to send an email..

Have those of you who didn't hear anything after the interview called the school? I'm in a similar predicament from another COP and I'm not sure what the proper protocol is. It seems really rude for a school to not even let you know what their decision is either way. And I'm surprised they would do that. It's really easy to send an email..
I will email Kieran tomorrow afternoon if they do not notify me of their decision by then. Maybe they make their decisions on different days, depending on who you are.

I'm in a similar predicament. Have you heard anything?
I emailed Kieran on Friday and she said that they will send out all admissions decisions within the next couple of days. She also mentioned not all decisions are communicated the same way. I still don't know what is my status. Hopefully we will hear something tomorrow.

I emailed Kieran on Friday and she said that they will send out all admissions decisions within the next couple of days. She also mentioned not all decisions are communicated the same way. I still don't know what is my status. Hopefully we will hear something tomorrow.
thank you!

For those of you who have not heard anything back yet, I know a pharmacist who went here and he said that some people received phone calls when they got accepted, others got emails, and he got a packet in the mail when he got accepted. Maybe some of you who have not heard anything yet are accepted and will receive something soon. Hopefully you got accepted! Good luck to all of you still waiting to find out.

For those of you also waiting to hear back changes in your status, I interviewed on January 14th and was placed on committee hold. Anyways, I was accepted into another pharmacy school a couple of days ago, so I e-mailed Kieran yesterday about my application status. She e-mailed me back saying all notifications have already been sent out by e-mail or postal mail. I'm assuming mine was through postal mail since I haven't received an e-mail. She was able to tell me that it would be relaying the message of denied because I wanted to know before I put down my deposit for the other school. Although going to Pacific would have been nice it's probably for the better since the school I'll be attending instead I'll be paying in-state tuition for considerably less. I wish everyone else who is still waiting to hear back good luck and congrats to those who have already gotten in!

I just emailed Kieran again about the procedure of pulling people off the waitlist... here is her response... i hope this will help people and put some minds at ease... it surely did for me since I have nothing that needs to be updated or pending other than mircoeconomics

Students are not randomly chosen from within a tier. We start with Tier 1; as we receive a cancellation, we will review those in Tier 1 with the information we have at the time.(Application, interview and additional materials we may have received since the applications were submitted; such as, updated transcripts). We will then accept the individual who we feel is the most qualified based on the above materials.

For those of you also waiting to hear back changes in your status, I interviewed on January 14th and was placed on committee hold. Anyways, I was accepted into another pharmacy school a couple of days ago, so I e-mailed Kieran yesterday about my application status. She e-mailed me back saying all notifications have already been sent out by e-mail or postal mail. I'm assuming mine was through postal mail since I haven't received an e-mail. She was able to tell me that it would be relaying the message of denied because I wanted to know before I put down my deposit for the other school. Although going to Pacific would have been nice it's probably for the better since the school I'll be attending instead I'll be paying in-state tuition for considerably less. I wish everyone else who is still waiting to hear back good luck and congrats to those who have already gotten in!

So that meant for those of us who haven't heard anything, we will receive a denied letter in the mail soon. Well, it's still good to know my status even though I am denied. Thanks for your infor.

So that meant for those of us who haven't heard anything, we will receive a denied letter in the mail soon. Well, it's still good to know my status even though I am denied. Thanks for your infor.

Whaat...they can't reject me. I'm gonna reject them first. :mad: :smuggrin:

I dont know, that guy interviewed on 1/14 and was placed on committee hold already. But you havent heard of your status based on your previous post. Dont be discouraged already :)

Guys.. It's always good to be optimistic but be realistic at the same time! If they chose to accept or waitlist you you would've been notified by now via email or phone call. If you haven't received either then you'd better be considering other offers. Based on my experience last year I'd rather be realistic that optimistic because I was hugely disappointed after being on tier 3 for 6 months!!

I dont know, that guy interviewed on 1/14 and was placed on committee hold already. But you havent heard of your status based on your previous post. Dont be discouraged already :)
I also did not hear, so I emailed Kieran. I also have been denied and will be receiving the denial letter in the mail shortly.
Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.94
Science GPA: 3.95
2 summers of pharmacy experience

My interview must have been horrible... but I have been accepted elsewhere, and am interviewing at Montana on the 17th. Good luck to all of you!