Pacific University, Oregon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same but it does make me feel a little better that no one has gotten a interview. 🙂

That is true! I just finished my supp For Midwestern (ARZ) yesterday. Hopefully I will hear from them soon. I took the PCAT sept 26th. Do you know how long it will take for Arizona to receive them?
 
That is true! I just finished my supp For Midwestern (ARZ) yesterday. Hopefully I will hear from them soon. I took the PCAT sept 26th. Do you know how long it will take for Arizona to receive them?

PCAT goes to pharmcas first then to schools i thought?
oh wait..you can send directly...ahh dont know sorry 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is true! I just finished my supp For Midwestern (ARZ) yesterday. Hopefully I will hear from them soon. I took the PCAT sept 26th. Do you know how long it will take for Arizona to receive them?

It takes a few weeks for your essay to be scored and then probably another week on top of that for pharmCAS to send your score out. After that, you can expect Midwestern to get back to you right away. This is just my opinion but I would suspect it would take a month or a bit over for Midwestern to receive it. You can always call them to ask though! 🙂
 
What happened to the discussion on Pacific University? 🙁 j/k

My application was confirmed in mid August, they said that they take up to 6 weeks to review, and I haven't heard from them either.
 
After reading through the thread for applicants from last year, it seems that interview invites were sent out October 15 for their first interview on November 13. Our first interview is on November 5, so I'm guessing (and hoping) that they would send out invites this week. Good luck, everyone. :xf:
 
Last edited:
After reading through the thread for applicants from last year, it seems that interview invites were sent out October 15 for their first interview on November 13. Our first interview is on November 3, so I'm guessing (and hoping) that they would send out invites this week. Good luck, everyone. :xf:

Hi, where did you find the information that first interview is November 3rd?
 
Hi, where did you find the information that first interview is November 3rd?

Yeah I would like to know also. I hope the first one is the same as last year, because I have an Ochem 2 exam on Nov 2nd. idk how that will work out if I am even fortunate enough to have an invite.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I just received my interview invite for November 5th, is this the first interview date? Anyone else interviewing on that day? I am flying from out of state.
 
Hey everyone, I just received my interview invite for November 5th, is this the first interview date? Anyone else interviewing on that day? I am flying from out of state.

Yeah it is the first interview date and I will be there as well flying out of state.

Though I'm a bit shocked I turned in all my materials around the last week/first week of september/october and it was all processed pretty fast.
 
Last edited:
where do we check if we got interview invite? I got my verification only a week and a half ago so I doubt my application has been looked at fully yet.
 
Just checked I didn't get one 🙁. When did you get the email where they told you your app was complete? I just got mine a week and half ago. Hopefully that is the reason and not that they didn't like my app

I got the e-mail telling me that my application was complete October 3rd. I had finished the supplemental two weeks before that so I don't know when they started looking over it. I'm sure you'll be fine there's another November interview date.
 
I got the e-mail telling me that my application was complete October 3rd. I had finished the supplemental two weeks before that so I don't know when they started looking over it. I'm sure you'll be fine there's another November interview date.

I finished my supp on Sept 27th. I had pharmcas in before that.
 
Just checked I didn't get one 🙁. When did you get the email where they told you your app was complete? I just got mine a week and half ago. Hopefully that is the reason and not that they didn't like my app

Perhaps it's too soon for you? I received my completion email early August.
 
Just checked I didn't get one 🙁. When did you get the email where they told you your app was complete? I just got mine a week and half ago. Hopefully that is the reason and not that they didn't like my app
i finished my supp. in the end of July. i got compeleted notice at Aug/5.
 
Don't know what to tell you. I was surprised by the e-mail, I had thought I'd get into the January interviews.
I saw the webstie said all final dicesion would be made by March. However, they also said acceptances are made after each interview date. What does that mean?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw the webstie said all final dicesion would be made by March. However, they also said acceptances are made after each interview date. What does that mean?

Thought it meant some people get offers after each interview date, others get put into tier 1,2,3 I think or get rejected. So March is probably where all their invites are sent out and accepted with all seats filled. That is my best guess.
 
Same here,
I was surprised when I checked my email this afternoon. Interview on Nov 5th. Any suggestions for hotel and transportation? The school provides a link to public transportation and cost seems to be very affordable. Anyone arrives at Portland Airport and drive to the school? I'll be arrived on Friday and depart right after the interview.:highfive:
 
I am arriving at the airport and leaving right after the interview as well WW44 ! 🙂 I think I will be catching a cab though, what time is your arrival? we could split the cost of cab, depending on where you decide to stay though.
 
I am arriving at the airport and leaving right after the interview as well WW44 ! 🙂 I think I will be catching a cab though, what time is your arrival? we could split the cost of cab, depending on where you decide to stay though.
I still haven't booked my plane ticket yet. I'm flying from California. Where are you flying from? It's great that we can share the cab fare or rental car fees... We'll need to figure out where to stay. It's good to save money in this economy.:xf:
 
According to their website,
" There are more seats available during the first two interview days, which gives incentive to apply early."
Great chance :claps:
 
Yeah that is true WW4, just PM me. I have already booked my flight, and hotel. I am flying in from Arizona. I don't mind splitting cost for cab or rental car. If anyone else is interested in doing this too? The school is ~30 mins from the airport.
 
Yeah that is true WW4, just PM me. I have already booked my flight, and hotel. I am flying in from Arizona. I don't mind splitting cost for cab or rental car. If anyone else is interested in doing this too? The school is ~30 mins from the airport.
you have already booked your flight?
 
Yeah that is true WW4, just PM me. I have already booked my flight, and hotel. I am flying in from Arizona. I don't mind splitting cost for cab or rental car. If anyone else is interested in doing this too? The school is ~30 mins from the airport.
What time do you arrive and depart?
 
Can u guys who got interviews share ur stats? 🙂

I'm from Las Vegas

Overall GPA: 3.52
Science/math: 3.4
PCAT: 83 composite though it doesn't matter for Pacific.
Have a bachelors in biology with a minor in chemistry.
Have 2 months hospital volunteering along with 6 months of ecology lab experience. Also have my ptcb certification though I haven't been able to find employment.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes yuco 🙂 I did just a few hours ago. Going to have to miss work but I think they'll understand...