Pacific University, Oregon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I checked both LAX and LB, they don't have any departure time after 6 PM. Consider our interview will end at 3PM. I have to book a later flight.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the interview invitation as well. Booked my flight from San Francisco. Will be staying 10/4 - 10/6

Just got the interview invitation as well. Booked my flight from San Francisco. Will be staying 10/4 - 10/6
you mean 11/4---11/6?:laugh: anyways you guys book the ticket so early~~~

Members don't see this ad :)
could someone tell me which airport is near the school?:confused:

Portland International Airport is the best gateway to Portland. I just booked my ticket for just 219 dollars (non stop) from So-Cal

Man all these hotels seem expensive.
Yes, they are. I booked TownePlace Suites Portland Hillsboro provided from the school email. This hotel offers free breakfast and complimentary shuttle to the school. Others hotels don't offer free shuttle service on Saturday. I just called several of them to check.

Portland International Airport is the best gateway to Portland. I just booked my ticket for just 219 dollars (non stop) from So-Cal
Ok, thank you ~i will check the price ~~~

thanks for that information WW4! do they offer a shuttle to the airport too? i wish i looked that up first before already booking.

I'm just renting out a car and a hotel a bit farther out. I rather have a car to move around than be stuck without wheels, comes out to about the same.

I'll rent a car. I couldn't find any hotel that offers shuttle service to the airport. It's more than 30 miles away. By the way, I don't drive to the school because of limited parking space. My hotel offers free shuttle service to school.

The more I look at it maybe I'll stay in the Marriot less of a chance of getting lost.

Last edited:
Hertz and Enterprise offer affordable additional fees for young renter. 15$ and 18$ compare to other rip off 27$ additional charges.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah stoich I heard back it said they could not invite me for the 1st interview and I was place on committee hold then that they wpuld update me by like November 4th, so not sure what to make of it all

Hopefully we'll all get good news by Nov. 4 then.

They haven't contacted me yet. Did they e-mail you to tell you that you're on hold?

Yes they did, but I don't know if thats good news or bad news I'm on committee hold. Might be better to not hear anything.

Hertz and Enterprise offer affordable additional fees for young renter. 15$ and 18$ compare to other rip off 27$ additional charges.

Insurance is also 27.00 per day. Think I'll just take the rail to the hotel when I arrive then call a taxi when I leave.

The wording on the e-mail said they were unable to invite me so I don't knoe if that means that they wanted to, but no spots or if they are still undecided about me.

Insurance is also 27.00 per day. Think I'll just take the rail to the hotel when I arrive then call a taxi when I leave.
What time do you arrive and depart? We can carpool and split the rental fees?

I haven't heard anything yet.....and my application was confirmed September 6th. I'm really worried.....

I arrive in the afternoon of Nov 4 and leave after 3PM on Nov 5 to catch an evening flight. The plan doesn't work.

Hi what flight you taking? I'm checking southwest and their latest is 5:40PM, I wonder if I'll have crap luck and interview at 3:00 PM.

hey wanttobepharm, are you sure they will be interviewing up until 3 ? i wonder if they will be sending us anymore information about the interview process such as a time of events...

hey wanttobepharm, are you sure they will be interviewing up until 3 ? i wonder if they will be sending us anymore information about the interview process such as a time of events...

Registration begins at 8:00 am ends at 9:00 am. Interviews are from 11:45 am to 3:00 pm. You don't get your interview time until the day of the interview. It's all in the e-mail they sent you.

Hi what flight you taking? I'm checking southwest and their latest is 5:40PM, I wonder if I'll have crap luck and interview at 3:00 PM.
I'll take Alaska Airlines. Depart at 7:48 PM on Saturday, direct flight to Burbank.

does any one know do we need wirte essay for the interview?:)

just received the interview confirmation. there is a writing portion, the time limit for it is 15 minutes so it should be very easy. the interviews will conclude no later than 3pm.

Last edited:
just received the interview confirmation. there is a writing portion, the time limit for it is 15 minutes so it should be very easy. the interviews will conclude no later than 3pm.
Same for me:thumbup: Received it early this morning.

It sounds like people are getting responses for an interview in the mail and email. Which one is more likely? My application was complete October 4th and waiting is killing me, but now I nervously watch my email AND my mailbox!

It sounds like people are getting responses for an interview in the mail and email. Which one is more likely? My application was complete October 4th and waiting is killing me, but now I nervously watch my email AND my mailbox!

Mine was through email first. Also, my application was completed in August so maybe they're looking through the applicants in chronological order.

Mine was through email first. Also, my application was completed in August so maybe they're looking through the applicants in chronological order.
So, did you get an email invite and a hard-copy in the mail? Was this the same for other applicants?

My app was completed in August and I haven't heard anything yet.

I didn't receive anything in the mail. All communication is via email.

Nah it's not chronological order, my app was completed October 3rd and I got an invite don't really know what it is.

So, did you get an email invite and a hard-copy in the mail? Was this the same for other applicants?

I don't think I got my hard-copy yet but then again, I haven't been home for the last couple of days.

Have anymore invites gone out since the first batch? My app was confirmed complete 9/27 so I'm hoping the have had enough time to review mine now.

4 interview invites?! thanks for sharing psh

did anyone get an invite to an interview at Pacific? I just submitted my supplemental this week. I got invites from South and Appalachian, but I'd like to go to Pacific.

Does anyone know what type of job placement Pacific University students obtain after graduating? Any insight into whether they have just as much chance at residency and clinical jobs?

Does anyone know what type of job placement Pacific University students obtain after graduating? Any insight into whether they have just as much chance at residency and clinical jobs?

No idea it is one of the questions I'm going to ask when I get the chance.

For those who are interviewing on Nov. 5th, which hotel are you guys staying at?

For those who are interviewing on Nov. 5th, which hotel are you guys staying at?

I found a cheap place that offers complete non-smoking via Orbitz, Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Forest Grove. It's a few miles away from the University if I recall, and probably doesn't offer shuttle services. I have a rental car and GPS though, so not too worried.

Just an FYI:

I emailed Pacific today to find out when they are sending more interview invites and this is the response that Kieran gave me:

The review process can take anywhere between 4-6 weeks. All applications are not reviewed on the same exact day they are completed. The admissions committee is comprised of several individuals who are evaluating as fast as they can while being full-time faculty members of the program. Our review process is very thorough and is not based on a specific formula. We evaluate every application with a holistic approach; looking for those who show a true motivation towards the career, academic success, and strong communication skills.

The next status update will be sent out by Friday, November 4th via email. All interview invitations are sent by email, therefore, please make sure that the communication from Pacific is not being accidentally delivered to your spam/junk folder.

So, watch your email inbox on November 4th!

This college does not check PCAT scores correct? So I do NOT need to add this school to my pearson PCAT account?

No, but you do have to add PharmCAS, which will then send the appropriate documentation to the appropriate schools. I think the code is 104.