Pacific University, Oregon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is everyone ready? Just a few more days from the interview day.:):):)

Members don't see this ad.

Been going over my essays, sdn interview questions on sdn, and checking last years thread to get ready.

Been going over my essays, sdn interview questions on sdn, and checking last years thread to get ready.

same here~! i also had an interview last friday, and did a mock interview today at the advisor's office...

who is flying in the night of? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
::BUMP::

has anyone received any acceptances yet? i'm wondering how soon they make their decisions?

::BUMP::

has anyone received any acceptances yet? i'm wondering how soon they make their decisions?

No one has interviewed yet, the first round is this Saturday. Then we can get a rough idea from those people how quick they turn it around. Tomorrow they are sending out their 2nd wave of interview invites! I am very anxious to see what they send me.

Good luck everyone on Saturday, and take good notes about the day for us! :)

I also applied and got the email that my application was complete on October 14th. Hopefully I will hear something from them tomorrow..

No one has interviewed yet, the first round is this Saturday. Then we can get a rough idea from those people how quick they turn it around. Tomorrow they are sending out their 2nd wave of interview invites! I am very anxious to see what they send me.

Good luck everyone on Saturday, and take good notes about the day for us! :)

oh yess haha thanks! :) and will do!

I really hope I get an interview tomorrow. My application was only complete for 1 week when they sent the first ones out. Hopefully this time I get one

It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow for the interview :-(
I wanted a sunny day so I could look around, but I suppose this will give a realistic experience of what to expect from such a green area (lots of rain).

Did anyone get an email from them yet? I just checked my mail, but I didn't see anything from Pacific University.

Did anyone get an email from them yet? I just checked my mail, but I didn't see anything from Pacific University.

Nope nothing yet. I'm still waiting. I hope today is the day. I would guess emails will go out at around 2pm pacific time. That is around the time the first ones went out if I am correct. I'm not 100% sure tho so don't quote me on that lol

Yeah, I haven't gotten an email from them yet either. Hopefully, they're just slow in sending them out..

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't someone earlier in the thread say they got their email at 5pm Pacific Time? :confused: This has got to be the slowest day EVER!!! :eek:

anybody get an invite? I just got an email. I've been hoping for Pacific, but I just stared at it when I got it. It is my number one pick, but now I'm trying to figure out the 3000 mi one way I have to travel for an interview. But god I'd love to go there. Anybody do interviews earlier this month?

Anybody know how bad it is to ask for a delay? Like if I needed to wait a pay period?

I got an invite. So happy :D But it seems like such a short notice! November 19th :x

Not too sure about how much delaying with hurt your chances sorry.

anybody get an invite? I just got an email. I've been hoping for Pacific, but I just stared at it when I got it. It is my number one pick, but now I'm trying to figure out the 3000 mi one way I have to travel for an interview. But god I'd love to go there. Anybody do interviews earlier this month?

Anybody know how bad it is to ask for a delay? Like if I needed to wait a pay period?

There are going to be less spots after each date.

I got an invite. So happy :D But it seems like such a short notice! November 19th :x

Not too sure about how much delaying with hurt your chances sorry.

Sanyu, would you mind sharing your stats?

As for the email, I got placed on committee hold...

Did anyone not get any e-mail at all? I haven't received anything yet. :scared:

Sanyu, would you mind sharing your stats?

As for the email, I got placed on committee hold...

Sure,

As calculated by PharmCAS:
Overall GPA: 3.26
Math GPA: 3.65
Science GPA: 2.98 :x

~6 months of working in pharmacy as a clerk
Pharmacy Tech Certified, but no license yet
Varied random volunteer/work experiences

My brother actually also applied to this school and he has a way higher overall GPA, ~3.9, but he didn't have any experience, and his application was put on hold too. But he did complete his supplemental quite recently so I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't appear so well-rounded or because of him submitting his supplemental late-ish.

Sure,

As calculated by PharmCAS:
Overall GPA: 3.26
Math GPA: 3.65
Science GPA: 2.98 :x

~6 months of working in pharmacy as a clerk
Pharmacy Tech Certified, but no license yet
Varied random volunteer/work experiences

My brother actually also applied to this school and he has a way higher overall GPA, ~3.9, but he didn't have any experience, and his application was put on hold too. But he did complete his supplemental quite recently so I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't appear so well-rounded or because of him submitting his supplemental late-ish.

I am not sure exactly what they are looking for, but I have read in other forum discussions that if you are a student in the first semester of o-chem they will put you on hold to see what your grade is at the semester. I have an overall GPA (in Pharmcas) of 3.3, my last 45 credits is a 3.6, with an undergrad GPA of 3.6, my math and science GPA is 2.9. I have 7 1/2 years experience as a CPh, tons of past scholarships, but not a HUGE list of community involvement. And, I was placed on HOLD!!! I was very disappointed yesterday, but then I remembered about the o-chem thing, and this is my first semester of that. The e-mail said I would get an update mid-December, so I am hoping that they are just waiting to see that grade (it is an A right now). :confused:

It doesn't sound like there were tons of invites for this round, at least on SDN, but at least we are not alone and they have considerations all the way through March.

Did anyone not get any e-mail at all? I haven't received anything yet. :scared:

How long has it been since you submitted your application? I got my email about 5:15PM PST. If it has not been 4-6 weeks, then they are probably not done reviewing it. :(

edit- I just looked at my email that i got when my application was complete. I got it on Sept 27th. The email says once they review the application they will update on pharmcas within a few weeks? I never got an update. Should I contact the school???

Last edited:
I am not sure exactly what they are looking for, but I have read in other forum discussions that if you are a student in the first semester of o-chem they will put you on hold to see what your grade is at the semester. I have an overall GPA (in Pharmcas) of 3.3, my last 45 credits is a 3.6, with an undergrad GPA of 3.6, my math and science GPA is 2.9. I have 7 1/2 years experience as a CPh, tons of past scholarships, but not a HUGE list of community involvement. And, I was placed on HOLD!!! I was very disappointed yesterday, but then I remembered about the o-chem thing, and this is my first semester of that. The e-mail said I would get an update mid-December, so I am hoping that they are just waiting to see that grade (it is an A right now). :confused:

It doesn't sound like there were tons of invites for this round, at least on SDN, but at least we are not alone and they have considerations all the way through March.

Ahhh, the ochem thing might be it as I've already finished both semesters of ochem. As for my brother, he is in his first semester of ochem also.

Pharmacy technician certified, 3.21 GPA overall (pharmcas) 3.24 science (pharmcas) 3.31 math (pharmcas) and 3.49 GPA last 45 units and around 70 hours of volunteering. No degree. I did not get an invite :( I guess it's over for this school...

edit- I just looked at my email that i got when my application was complete. I got it on Sept 27th. The email says once they review the application they will update on pharmcas within a few weeks? I never got an update. Should I contact the school???

Hmm, I'm not sure if they bother to update on PharmCAS? I took a look at supplementals page on my PharmCAS and it doesn't show any information for Pacific.

Hmm, I'm not sure if they bother to update on PharmCAS? I took a look at supplementals page on my PharmCAS and it doesn't show any information for Pacific.

I just checked my email, I got a hold on committee hold. Better than no reply i guess haha I have finished ochem 1 but I am in ochem 2 right now. Maybe that's it.

I really liked the school and felt that it provides a great environment. I didn't particularly like one of the people who interviewed me though since he turned any little thing I mentioned into a follow up. No amount of SDN questions would have prepared me for that, but I did alright.

I really liked the school and felt that it provides a great environment. I didn't particularly like one of the people who interviewed me though since he turned any little thing I mentioned into a follow up. No amount of SDN questions would have prepared me for that, but I did alright.

I understand :) I felt many of them were follow up from my answers as well. I felt I did pretty good as well, I was a bit nervous :scared:. but All the questions were very general and easy. I think it depends on who is interviewing though because someone mentioned they were asked what was their favorite non-sci textbook or movie. :laugh:

Hope we hear good news from them soooon!:xf:

I understand :) I felt many of them were follow up from my answers as well. I felt I did pretty good as well, I was a bit nervous :scared:. but All the questions were very general and easy. I think it depends on who is interviewing though because someone mentioned they were asked what was their favorite non-sci textbook or movie. :laugh:

Hope we hear good news from them soooon!:xf:

Yeah it really depends on who interviewed you, but yeah I heard the same thing that some other people got new questions and no real follow ups. It's alright though I just didn't expect the surprise lol. It did well in preparing me for other interviews though since this is my number 2 choice while Roseman is number 1.

Yeah it really depends on who interviewed you, but yeah I heard the same thing that some other people got new questions and no real follow ups. It's alright though I just didn't expect the surprise lol. It did well in preparing me for other interviews though since this is my number 2 choice while Roseman is number 1.

That is good! I'm completely opposite of you as far as choices are concerned. I think my interests fit more at this school, although Roseman is like 4.5 hours driving time away from my home. Have you interviewed at Roseman?

That is good! I'm completely opposite of you as far as choices are concerned. I think my interests fit more at this school, although Roseman is like 4.5 hours driving time away from my home. Have you interviewed at Roseman?

Interviewing at Roseman on Monday. Being the only pharmacy school in Nevada I assume they probably have a lot of clinical rotation centers since they lack any real competition. It's also a cost thing, if I end up getting into Pacific and USN its ~41k vs ~61k, so an easy choice.

which campus would you want to attend?

Just got my invitation to the November 19th interview yesterday and am very excited! Not sure how they weight their criteria for an invite though because it seems like some very qualified applicants are getting put on hold...

My stats to help those who are still waiting to hear back from this school:
PharmCAS GPA: 3.64
Sci GPA: 3.45
B.S. Biochemistry, Spring 2012
Received CPhT several months ago
Working as a CPhT in pharmacy dept with company I've with been for over 4 years
Hospital Pharmacy Volunteer ~250 hrs
Compounding Pharmacy Volunteer right now
Other volunteering experience non-pharmacy related
Really strong LOR's

I hope this helps. I don't think my stats are superb, but I think my experience kind of makes up for it. :xf:

Does anyone who interviewed on Nov 5th think that the school will make their decision by next week? (2 weeks after the interview):confused:

Does anyone who interviewed on Nov 5th think that the school will make their decision by next week? (2 weeks after the interview):confused:

That's what they told us, though I heard from last years class that sometimes it's earlier.

I got a call this evening from Ms. Bennett ~~~ACCEPTED!!!!

I got a call this evening from Ms. Bennett ~~~ACCEPTED!!!!
really??????????congradulation!!!!!!!!!!!i am still waiting!!!
:scared::scared::scared:when did you get the call???

THANK YOU!!! :)

I got the call at 543pm while I was working! I looked at my phone it said :503 area code ran to the office and answer it. :eek:

:love:

My first acceptance so far! :love:

I couldn't believe to hear back so soon... I was expecting to hear back next weekend when I am out to Massachusetts and New York for interviews lol. I actually have 4 more interviews to attend..

:scared:

I hope you hear back sooon!

Last edited:
I also want to add that when I wrote my essay portion of the interview, I thought I screwed it all up because my writing was horrible sloppy, and I had to squeeze in my last thoughts. I hate that they don't provide you lined paper, just a blank sheet. When I interviewed I was also unusually nervous... I have had a fantastic interviewing performance the week before (very confident) until Pacific University's. I think because I realized how much I really love the school and that there was a P1 student and a random pharmacist (non-faculty member) interviewing me... lol

Congratulations on the acceptance! I did not get one so does that mean I am rejected?

I really liked the interview day, love their curriculum setup and welcoming feel, and thought they did an excellent job overall presenting the school.

Is anyone choosing Pacific Oregon over other three year universities (such as LECOM or Midwestern-Glendale)? If so, what are your reasons? I'm trying to decide between the three right now (have already interviewed at Pacific Oregon and awaiting results and have interview invites to the other two) before I potentially have to place deposits down.

Thank you! I think a lot of the people who didn't hear back will for sure receive news next week as they have promised! I also checked out last years and many people got on hold but were eventually pulled off the list.

I'm so surprised to be the first person on SDN who have posted about an acceptance here.

Only other three year program I applied to is MCPHS, did not apply to MWU. I applied to University of Arizona (4 year in-state). I would have to say Pacific University if I had to choose between the three year programs. They seem to really want their students to succeed in their program and I really like that.

Placed on committee hold, guess it's better than a no.

The same here! Any one got denied? Or all people who are not accpetted will put on hold! I think the chance will be more competitive now!!!:scared: