Palliative care to CCM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mudderMD

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone every done hospice/palliative care medicine as a bridge to CCM? Running out of ideas of things to do for this year after this match fail.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone every done hospice/palliative care medicine as a bridge to CCM? Running out of ideas of things to do for this year after this match fail.

Did you consider working? No reason to do a fellowship and get paid 1/6 (or less) of what you could make as a hospitalist

I am a hospitalist this was my first year doing that. I don’t believe it helped me as I didn’t match, and didn’t help me add anything research wise to my resume.

Members don't see this ad :)

I am a hospitalist this was my first year doing that. I don’t believe it helped me as I didn’t match, and didn’t help me add anything research wise to my resume.

You only mention CCM, not pulm/CCM, so I'll focus on CCM. As long as you don't have any significant red flags, you aren't an IMG, and you apply broadly enough, CCM-only should be possible. It shouldn't require research to match. But do you fit into any of these categories (red flags, IMG, geographically limited)?

You only mention CCM, not pulm/CCM, so I'll focus on CCM. As long as you don't have any significant red flags, you aren't an IMG, and you apply broadly enough, CCM-only should be possible. It shouldn't require research to match. But do you fit into any of these categories (red flags, IMG, geographically limited)?

US-IMG

One of my co-fellows did palliative prior to cc. I believe it will help your application and also palliative care is an important part of critical care practice.

Reactions: 1 user