parents are funny in this process :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by Spidey
Silver, I think you need to get a lock for your door ;) I can just imagine... 5 am and all the sudden Silver wakes up as her mom thumps into her locked door

I think it's more likely she'd awake to the sound of loud thumping and/or the door being broken down!! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by SMW
I think it's more likely she'd awake to the sound of loud thumping and/or the door being broken down!! :laugh:

LOL!!! Not before she say, "Sweety are you sleeping?"

Originally posted by silvercholla
LOL!!! Not before she say, "Sweety are you sleeping?"

I'm can't believe it! I made silvercholla laugh!! :eek: And A. CAveman once said my posts lacked "flavuh" and were too "black and white." :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by SMW
I'm can't believe it! I made silvercholla laugh!! :eek: And A. CAveman once said my posts lacked "flavuh" and were too "black and white." :D

haha, Silver is being treated like a celebrity now ;)

OMG, *I* made Silver laugh! :)

Silver how much for an autographed photo of you in bed with your moms standing over you asking if you're awake?

Gotta keep this on page 1. :laugh:

bump for the people who want to keep this on page one :)

***Conversation, 5:45am... She's late***

Mom: Sweety are you awake?

***It's times like this that make you want a bazooka***

Me: No, I'm conducting an experiment on the effects of the synthetic polymers and organic feathers on the dream state.

Mom: WHA!!!??!!???

***OH goody confusion***

Me: What do you need mother

Mom: I was just wondering, how many times do you get to apply to medical school?

***Don't answer... snore... yeah make snoring noises...zzzzzz***

Me: There isn't any real limit, after three though your chances go down considerably, why?

Mom: Oh... well... that should be good news for you. At least with all the time you are taking you don't have to worry about age limits or time constraints. I guess it won't be to bad for you if you were in your 30s or 40s and entering medical school. I probably won't be here to see you graduate but that's okay I will be with you in spirit. Anyway, have a nice day love.

***Ahh the smell of guilt in the morning... you know it smells like bacon***

Remember when you were little and your parents used to try and talk like you? Remember how annoying it used be? Guess what it stil is!!!

***Conversation 4:45am. I guess she's making up for yesterday***

Mom: Sweety are you sleeping?

***You know it could be considered a mercy killing on the basis of that question alone. "Your honor, I had to kill her, to put her out of MY Misery"***

Me: No, I've decided that my pillows needed punishing, so I am suffocating them with my face.

Mom: Uh huh. Well Anyway, I wanted to know if you want me to talk to Diane so she can talk to her husband about talking to the adcum (her words, I swear!) people about school. I think you could try for edep (she meant EDP or Early Decision). I mean all you would have to do is take the Medical College Administration Test over. (At least she got the Initials right). So what do you think hon?

Me: I think you meant Adcom, EDP, and Medical College Admission Test. And No, absolutely 100% NO!!! Mother I have a long road ahead and you cannot rush it forward by making Diane talk to her husband! SO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Mom: Oh, well... You don't have to shout dear! I mean really with the level of maturity that you are displaying it's no wonder why your not in school yet. Anyway dear have a nice day.

***Your honor, I swear she begged for it. She really wanted me to. If she didn't she wouldn't have kept naggin and naggin and naggin***

Uh Oh... I think I am slipping the ratings have dropped! Maybe it's time to think about cancelling the series. Series Finale Sept ?, 2002?????? :laugh: ;)

Uh Oh... I think I am slipping the ratings have dropped! Maybe it's time to think about cancelling the series. Series Finale Sept ?, 2002?????? :laugh: ;)

Hmmm...I am starting a letter writing campaign to silvercholla's mom asking her to continue to wake up before 5AM, so that the series can continue. :) I'm also trying to see if the series will get picked up by CBS... Stay tuned...

-RA

huh? what? ratings? what rating? It is rated as 5 stars, highest rating. DO NOT STOP SILVER! I hope you realize I am addicted so if you stop I will have no choice but to move to NYC and become your stalker. Does your mom have a spare room for rent?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Random Access
Hmmm...I am starting a letter writing campaign to silvercholla's mom asking her to continue to wake up before 5AM, so that the series can continue. :) I'm also trying to see if the series will get picked up by CBS... Stay tuned...

-RA

LOL!!!! I don't think CBS would be very interested in my warped life.

huh? what? ratings? what rating? It is rated as 5 stars, highest rating. DO NOT STOP SILVER! I hope you realize I am addicted so if you stop I will have no choice but to move to NYC and become your stalker. Does your mom have a spare room for rent?

On my screen it's down by one... no worries for now:laugh:

Hmmm... it has 5 on my screen...

It is definitely 5 stars on my screen.

:mad: Okay not really, but the conversation was very frustrating.

**Conversation 12p, today***

Me: Good Afternoon, Money Transfer hello mother.

Mom: Young Lady, were you being condescending this morning???!?!? Because if you were then that was a very rude thing to do to your mother. I mean really here it is I am just tryiong to be helpful and motivate you and you turn around and talk to me like I have no idea what is going on. Now I will have you know that I have been around a lot longer than you and I know what's best for my daughter, even if she does not. So now answer the question!!!!!!!

***WWWHHHHAAAATTT???? That was almost 8hrs ago!!! Your honor I had too do it, it was for the good of all mankind!***

Me: Mother I was not patronizing you, and THAT WAS 8hrs AGO!!! Are you purposely trying to fry my brain!!!??? I am at work, were did this latest rant come from!!!??? AND YOU ARE NOT TRYING TO MOTIVATE ME YOU ARE PESTERING ME JUST OUT OF ENJOYMENT!!!! THIS IS THE PROOF!!!! I HAVE TO GO NOW!!

Mom: Fine... LOVE YOU!!!!have a nice day!!!!!!

I seriously thought my parents were nuts until I read this thread. I still think they're nuts, just not as crazy as some people's, no offense Silvercholla... :)

-RA

:laugh: None Taken

***Conversation 5:00am this morning...Oh look she's back on schedule***

Mom: Sweety are you sleeping?

Me: (silence)

Mom: Sweety are you awake?

***At this point I've decided that if I don't answer her maybe she will just go away***

Mom: Hon... are you sleeping or are you ignoring me! (pause) YOUNG LADY!

***Okay you guys you get my real name today!!!!***

Mom: SAMANTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you sleeping

Dad: (from all the way down the hall) SHUT UP!!! IT"S THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!! YOU'RE GOING TO WAKE THE NEIGHBORS!!!!

Mom: Don't you tell me to shut up!!! Tell your daughter to answer me!

***Here he comes***

Dad: Do you ever wonder why she's not answering you.??? It's 5 in the morning and she has to get up in an hour to go to work.

Mom: Well don't you think I know that!!! I just need to ask her a question!!!

Dad: Nothing is that important at 5 in the morning!! I'm going back to bed

Mom: Fine you do that! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Dad: THANK YOU!

Mom: Sweety are you sleeping

***Please dear God... turn my pillow into a vodka martini***

Me: No, I'm praying.

***This always excites my mother***

Mom: Really? Oh well then you continue love I will talk to you later. (walking down the hall) Guess what dear, She's praying!

***Dear God, can you please send Jack Daniels along with the vodka martini***

After long consideration and much nagging, I made a decision and talked to my mother today.

Me: Hi mom

Mom: What's wrong??

Me: Why does the there have to be something wrong???Geez!

***I never call her mom***

Mom: Because you never call me mom

Me: I need to talk to you. But you have to promise not to flip out. Promise?

Mom: No, What is it? Are you dying? Was that why you were praying? Ohmigod!

***This is the first thing that comes to her mind**

Me: Mother I am not dying... I've decided to put off medical school for a little while longer. Maybe for about 6 to 8 years.

Mom: (silence)

**Uh Oh.. She's speechless***

Me: Mother?

Mom: You know if you want to break my heart then congratulations you have succeeded. We will talk abouthis when I get home. No No Why!?!? why do you want to ruin your life!!!! Why do you want to break my heart!!!!???

Me: Mother, I will go eventually just not in the time that I had anticipated. This is not the end of the world. You know I have lot of stuff on my plate already and I have a responsibility to other people.

Mom: Just say it right out... YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME AND YOUR FATHER!!!!! YOU WANT US TO DIE ALWAYS WONDERING FOR ETERNITY WHAT IF!!!!! I have to go.

***Uh Oh!!!***

Originally posted by shamthis
that's kind of dark

hope everything's ok

Everything is cool... I just have to take care of the businesses that I am partners in first. But don't worry just as I finished typing that last post, she called me back here at work. This just proves to me that my mother is insane.:rolleyes:

Me: Good afternoon Money Transfer.

Mom: So I talked to Diane and she says that everyone has a fear of medical school and that it is okay if you feel anxious about it. Diane says that if you want she could have her husband speak to you about medical school and all of the issues that can come up when you are applying. Oh and if you want sweety we can pay for a psychiatrists to talk to you as well.

***Oh dear lord, I've made it worse***

Me: Mother I am still going to go just not in 3 years. And I don't need a shrink. And would you please stop pestering Diane and her husband. I have two businesses to run plus my job and volunteering, and managing. When do you see fitting in the time to apply to medical school. Just be patient please!!!!

Mom: Oh don't be silly honey, you can do anything... all of that stuff just proves it. So I am stopping by Barnes and Nobles andI am going to pick you up a study guide. Do you want anything else?

Me: No mother.

Mom: Okay love you bye

What business are you partners in silver? The money transfer thing? Is it really important enough to you that you are willing to delay med school for so long? Well I don't want to sound like your mother, I'm just curious.

Something happening in my life at the moment, my brother is applying to flight school next year. He'll get in, he is pretty smart... and somewhere in the back of my mind there is this little voice that is freaking out at the idea of my little brother out in the world raking in the money while I'm still slaving away at school for years yet. Normally I don't care what other people do, everyone should do their own thing right? I guess maybe I am more competitive with my brother than I thought I was. We're a lot alike and pretty close... I guess it is just weird to think of him as someone other than the little kid who follows me around all the time and does what i tell him to do.

I am majority holder in one independant record label, Half owner in a Production company and manager and co writer for a sci-fi writer. I work in MT for a Coporate investment bank to supplement my income. And I volunteer, well because I like it.

I am majority holder in one independant record label, Half owner in a Production company and manager and co writer for a sci-fi writer. I work in MT for a Coporate investment bank to supplement my income. And I volunteer, well because I like it.

wow... you do a lot of sh1te. I wonder though with all you do if in 8 years you'll really find it any easier to cut some things out of your life in favour of school/med school.

8yrs I figure is a safe bet to decide if I want to continue in the things I love in addition to medical school, without medical school, or without the other stuff and just medical school. I love all the things I am in now including medicine. I just could never decide which should take priority.

SC - is this whole "delay" thing just your way of getting your mother off your back? And I assume you wouldn't tell us here in the forums since your mother knows about SDN...so feel free to PM me and tell me the truth

;)

Originally posted by Adcadet
SC - is this whole "delay" thing just your way of getting your mother off your back? And I assume you wouldn't tell us here in the forums since your mother knows about SDN...so feel free to PM me and tell me the truth

;)

No worries... she knows about SDN but my mother is very computer illiterate:D no I just have a habit of picking up the most stressful projects. Like starting things from the ground up. I just have to keep moving and doing something new or I get bored. But I think this time I think I bit off more than usual. And since medical school isn't as far progressed as the rest of the stuff I have it just automatically got the back burner.

No worries... she knows about SDN but my mother is very computer illiterate:D no I just have a habit of picking up the most stressful projects. Like starting things from the ground up. I just have to keep moving and doing something new or I get bored. But I think this time I think I bit off more than usual. And since medical school isn't as far progressed as the rest of the stuff I have it just automatically got the back burner.

Silver, I'd like to be the first one to say 'good for you.' I think it takes a whole lot of nerve to make that kind of decision. It may sound slightly bent, but sometimes I think going to medical school is the easy road for many of us.

Good show, and I wish you success in whatever you choose.

***I think I just opened a new can of mom!! People beware of mom in denial***

Me: Good afternoon Money Transfer.

***I din't look at the screeen***

Mom: Honey I bought you the Barrons MCAT Study guide. Is that good?

***Did I miss something?***

Me: Mother, I told you I was holding off for a while

Mom: Oh don't be silly honey, that's just cold feet. I invited Aunty June over to talk about her arthritis with you, I hope you don't mind.

***Cough... Can't breathe... Cough... suffocating. Oh that's my own hands around my neck***

Me: Yes I do mind mother. I won't even be home tonight.I'm driving tonight.

Mom: I was thinking about that. Maybe if you dropped one of the labels and the ambulance corp, then you could fast track to medical school. Think about love you bye.

***Oh look I always wanted a rubber room***

hehe, there should be some fun episodes of the silver show coming up now that you called off your med school plans for the next while ;)

I feel weird saying it but for some reason I want you to go to med school too... I think your mom is rubbing off on me... I think I'll start calling you sweety from now on.

Something happening in my life at the moment, my brother is applying to flight school next year. He'll get in, he is pretty smart... and somewhere in the back of my mind there is this little voice that is freaking out at the idea of my little brother out in the world raking in the money while I'm still slaving away at school for years yet. Normally I don't care what other people do, everyone should do their own thing right? I guess maybe I am more competitive with my brother than I thought I was. We're a lot alike and pretty close... I guess it is just weird to think of him as someone other than the little kid who follows me around all the time and does what i tell him to do.

you know what....i'm not competitive with my twin, but i felt the same way when she started telling me about her plans for law school and getting her masters in asian-american studies...those aren't even things i want to do or have ever wanted to do and i truly want her to succeed, but there's still a part of me that worries about being the "unsuccessful" or "boring" twin (she plans on living in China for a while and working in legal aid clinics....she already speaks Mandarin and we're not Chinese, so that's impressive/interesting to me). i think i'm more concerned about being boring, even though it shouldn't matter what other people think as long as I'M not bored... just wanted to say that i know how you feel, spidey. don't worry...if you're excited about going into medicine, you'll be successful in ways that involve things much more important than money and your parents will have two successful sons! :)

can't you guyz see she's making it up...Geez, give me a break!!!

Originally posted by princessd3

if you're saying silver is making it up, i don't think too many people care. she's darn funny and i think a lot of us can see a bit of our crazy parents in her stories, true or not...

plus it gives me something to read that is not neuroanatomy and that is always good...

Originally posted by chopsuey
you know what....i'm not competitive with my twin, but i felt the same way when she started telling me about her plans for law school and getting her masters in asian-american studies...those aren't even things i want to do or have ever wanted to do and i truly want her to succeed, but there's still a part of me that worries about being the "unsuccessful" or "boring" twin (she plans on living in China for a while and working in legal aid clinics....she already speaks Mandarin and we're not Chinese, so that's impressive/interesting to me). i think i'm more concerned about being boring, even though it shouldn't matter what other people think as long as I'M not bored... just wanted to say that i know how you feel, spidey. don't worry...if you're excited about going into medicine, you'll be successful in ways that involve things much more important than money and your parents will have two successful sons! :)

Hey, thanks Chopsuey, that was really nice. You made me smile.

We don't need haters in this thread. Maybe she embellishes a little from time to time but that is just the mark of a good story teller. I don't think she is making it up.

I do embellish a little bit... ( I could never write exactly what is said in my family I would be to embarassed :oops: ) but just because something seems fabricated and out of the ordinary doesn't necessarily mean that it is. Anyway your entitled to your opinion.

So on to this morning...

***What's scarier having your mother wake you up at 5am every morning or having your alarm go off and find that she hasn't even made an attempt.***

***Alarm goes off 6am... took me 10mins to realize what the hell that noise was. 5mins later my mom knocks, KNOCKS?!?! on my door***

Me: Come in

Mom: Good mornign dear, how was your evening?

***Oh Crap she has gone from denial to pissed off***

Me: Fine, nothing much going on last night it was pretty quiet.

Mom: That's good... Are you coming straight home tonight from work or are you going to the Ambulance?

Me: I am coming home early then I am going back out to do stuff and then dispatch, why?

Mom: Oh.. well, I am having company over for dinner at around 5pm, can you at least stay for a half an hour?

***Warning, warning, Danger Danger. Ever get that feeling of impending doom?***

Me: Um, who's coming for dinner?

Mom: Oh just a few people... Diane and her husband and one of his colleagues, and your Uncle Cecil and Aunty June. It's just a social thing, you know. But I am glad at least you'll be her for cocktails and appetizers. Oh this will be wonderful. You know honey maybe you should have some questions ready to ask. And I will make sure to have him take a look at the study guide that I bought you....

Me: Mother, Mother, Mother... MA!!!!! this is getting a bit silly. I told you that I am holding off for a little while. So quit it!!! I mean it!!!! No ambush dinner party!!! OH, and since when do you knock!!! I should have known!!!

Mom: I'm just having some friends over for dinner... you know dear everything is not always about you... You should really be more considerate of others before you assume things. Okay have a nice day love you

***lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala... What me Crazy... NNNNOOOOO!!!***

Well I guess that I have a critic... ratings went down again...:D :laugh: :love: :laugh: :love:

This thread is a 5 in my book!! Love your stories, silvercholla!! :clap:

Hey Silvercholla, wanna trade mothers? (Sorry to interrupt this thread, but I needed to vent...) Quick list of my favorite maternal quotes:

~ "But honey, only really motivated people apply to med school!"
~ (Upon signing up for a Kaplan MCAT class) "What? You mean you're really serious about doing this?"
~ (Upon taking MCAT) "Well, maybe you really bombed it. Just don't get your hopes up."
~ "Why in the hell are you applying to Yale? Do you even think you can get in?"
~ (Upon receiving interview at Yale) "Well, congradulations Preppy. But I hope it doesn't go well, that's too far away."
~ "Maybe you should try and lose some weight before your interviews. You look a little... fluffy."

And my personal favorite: "Well, it's still not too late to change your mind. Why don't you teach biology? You get summers off!"

So anyway, appreciate your over-encouraging parents! ;)

BUMP

Come back Silver! :)

Where are you Silver? I thought I told you to never go away again? Don't make me call you up and pester you... Hmmm A Samantha in Brooklyn, can't be too many of those.... err... dang it!

I just tell them that I am majoring in biology or pharmacy.(They have forgotten that since they were in school most schools now only offer the pharmD.) My mom is no slouch and she's getting pretty suspicious.So I decided to hold off telling them until I am knee deep in this process..like when I finish my residency:laugh:

it doesn't really apply.. but here's my little story.. apparently my mom thinks i'm still an immature kid when i go to the hospital

so i wake up this morning at 7 am to go see patients at LA county hospital.... i'm getting dressed in my shirt and tie and white coat.. and my mother sees me getting ready for school..

mom: good morning.. are you going to see patients today?

me: 'mornin mom.. uh huh..

mom: ok.. breakfast is on the table.. (it's a perk of living at home) and don't forget to take out the trash..

me: yeah yeah yeah.. i'll do it later..

mom: ok.. have a nice day.. eat your breakfast now.. and please don't cuss at your patients

me: (jaw drops) uhhh. yeah.. i'll keep that in mind... (wtf?)

Originally posted by AznTrojan-MS
mom: ok.. have a nice day.. eat your breakfast now.. and please don't cuss at your patients

me: (jaw drops) uhhh. yeah.. i'll keep that in mind... (wtf?)

that's one of the funniest things i've heard in a while!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

maybe there's a reason why she feels like she has to say that...:rolleyes:

Well I guess that I have a critic... ratings went down again...:D :laugh: :love: :laugh: :love:
Don't stop, luv your stories, very good! Also a 5 in my book :clap: Can't wait for more... Your should start a book!;)

Here is a good book with another mother doing almost the same thing... www.sendamy.com

Check it out. I read the book. It is funny.