Pass/fail NBDE dilemma.

Started by Babnik
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Babnik

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interesting question for which I wasn't able to find a good answer.

I attend a dental school in which students take boards after their first year. Boards are going pass fail next year meaning the people in my class who want to specialize will be applying with students who's board scores are going to be pass/fail. (since most D schools take boards after the second year).

How exactly is this going to work?😕, does this mean that there's no point in getting a crazy good score since residencies are going to ignore the boards anyway?

I hope someone could answer this question for me, it will save a lot of energy!🙂
 
I have an interesting question for which I wasn't able to find a good answer.

I attend a dental school in which students take boards after their first year. Boards are going pass fail next year meaning the people in my class who want to specialize will be applying with students who's board scores are going to be pass/fail. (since most D schools take boards after the second year).

How exactly is this going to work?😕, does this mean that there's no point in getting a crazy good score since residencies are going to ignore the boards anyway?

I hope someone could answer this question for me, it will save a lot of energy!🙂

i guess if not the NBDE score ..the bench exams,interviews n previous experiences r going to matter alot to get admission in any case....i think there will be more competition ..or my be universities get ur score breakdown directly ...who knows .
well everyone is going crazy for 2012 pass/fail thing...n ADA is not saying anything ...i guess we have to wait n watch ...because everybody will face the same phase...so study hard now ....let the time come...