This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

okiepoke

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I plan to apply to BM, JH, Goucher, and Scripps for the 2017-2018 post bac term and wanted to get a sense of whether I would make a decent candidate. I am also curious to know what your stats were and where you were and weren't accepted if you guys don't mind sharing (GPA, ACT/SAT, clinical experience). Also, when would you say is the best time to apply? I want to get more clinical exposure but don't want to apply too late as to put me at a disadvantage. Thanks in advance!

As for me:
Graduated 2013 with B.S. finance GPA 3.78
ACT composite score of 29
certified EMT-B (will start riding in mid to late August/ will be riding 16-20 hours per week)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I plan to apply to BM, JH, Groucher, and Scripps for the 2017-2018 post bac term and wanted to get a sense of whether I would make a decent candidate. I am also curious to know what your stats were and where you were and weren't accepted if you guys don't mind sharing (GPA, ACT/SAT, clinical experience). Also, when would you say is the best time to apply? I want to get more clinical exposure but don't want to apply too late as to put me at a disadvantage. Thanks in advance!

As for me:
Graduated 2013 with B.S. finance GPA 3.78
ACT composite score of 29
certified EMT-B (will start riding in mid to late August/ will be riding 16-20 hours per week)

One thing for sure: APPLY EARLY! that makes a huge difference!!! Most of the programs open the application process in the fall. So the fall and EARLY spring is the best time to apply. You can always send emails to update your information and you can always get some clinical experience while in these programs as well for med sch.

As to your stats..it looks pretty good. I'm not too familiar with the requirements of these programs..you might need GRE or MCAT or none. Not sure.

@238460 thanks for the advice! I definitely want to apply early. I was just checking the sites of the programs im interested in and they all say they want healthcare experience before :(

@238460 thanks for the advice! I definitely want to apply early. I was just checking the sites of the programs im interested in and they all say they want healthcare experience before :(

Coming from a non-science background im sure EMT hours will be acceptable...even if its only a few hours. But im sure you will have over 100 hours when its time to apply.