Pay me like a French doctor. You know you want to.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Actually, I disagree, throughout history China has always had one focus, China. Just taking the geography and culture into account, chances of China actually wanting to take over the world are extremely small. 99% of their UN security council votes have been in favor of everybody minding their own business. On top of this, their army is organized much like a internal police force and is trained nor equipped to efficiently be deployed elsewhere. It's true they've been building up their navy and have been provoking others in the S Chinese sea, but this should be viewed in the light of the Chinese economy being at the US's mercy as long as the US has complete naval dominance and can cut off Chine's oversea's shipping without any effort. The South chinese sea I view as a flashpoint the government uses to raise nationalistic feelings, something it urgently needs as the economy is slowing down.
Their anti-air craft carriers are floating **** stains.

The Japanese could militarize and counter any Chinese threat in the Sea of Japan or the skies. And there is no value in the Philippines.

Again, China isn't unified as a nation. In fact it's fundamentally fractured an very likely to break because the people aren't unified.
The conditions in China right now almost mimic every single period of dynastic upheaval. And trust me, this time enormous chunks will opt to leave.
I hope you are all right. But keep in mind that the Chinese are in it for the long haul (50+ years) a sort of political horizon that will eventually obliterate our every other year election cycles and infighting easily if only they survive the unrest of the next 10-20 years.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you are all right. But keep in mind that the Chinese are in it for the long haul (50+ years) a sort of political horizon that will eventually obliterate our every other year election cycles and infighting easily if only they survive the unrest of the next 10-20 years.

Nah, the wealthy classes is evacuating the country the last few years. They don't feel safe and the climate for sustaining the government is drying up as even the people begin to doubt the power of the state.

Nah, the wealthy classes is evacuating the country the last few years. They don't feel safe and the climate for sustaining the government is drying up as even the people begin to doubt the power of the state.

I'm pretty sure they are fleeing because:

A: They made all their money through giving or receiving bribes and don't want to get caught by the government
B: They want their kids to have a Western education and also themselves may want to live abroad

I'm pretty sure they are fleeing because:

A: They made all their money through giving or receiving bribes and don't want to get caught by the government
B: They want their kids to have a Western education and also themselves may want to live abroad

A) that's government sanctioned. Nothing occurs in fledgling Leninist countries without money under the table. The government just takes some too.

B) that's a component. But largely they feel like their families are safer here than over there.

you can still move there. if it is such a better place wouldn't you want to raise your kids there?

you can't control other people's actions. you can only control your own.

if you value being around educated people so much, you should move to a country with educated people.

I didn't say it is a better place. I would still rather live in the USA, because I feel like it is more financially responsible, and I'm from here so...yea. Also, I do value education, but I am not going to run away just because of that. I wish we could change the way things are here, but we can't because people don't read, watch/read the news, put their ****ing phones down and learn things..people don't care, and I don't think there will ever be a time when people do again, like it was a long time ago .

Are you guys saying more educated or better educated? As in does your average Finnish person literally have more years of education or just a higher quality education?

Also on the language thing, isn't it pretty essential for children in Europe to learn several languages?

Mother tongue to speak to your mother
English to make business
Italian to woo the ladies
French to talk **** about Americans
Spanish to take naps and eat tapas
German to brag about your car

probably better. Their kids spend less time in school per day as well..it is just respected to have intellect there..while here it is respected to take the most selfies and watch tv shows like "awkward" and "honey boo boo." lol

Also, it is very essential to learn more than just English here, too. Spanish is the 2nd biggest language....people should probably learn that...

while here it is respected to take the most selfies and watch tv shows like "awkward" and "honey boo boo." lol

You're idealizing European culture. People there do these things to. The US is just more visibly affected by it.

Edit:*dear god wrong effect affect. I apologize, I will now comitt ritual grammatical suicide

Reactions: 1 users
You're idealizing European culture. People there do these things to. The US is just more visibly effected by it.

There's some truth here. I've lived with a few french families and the **** they watch is no more enlightening than Honey Boo Boo, by any stretch.

Reactions: 2 users
You're idealizing European culture. People there do these things to. The US is just more visibly affected by it.

Edit:*dear god wrong effect affect. I apologize, I will now comitt ritual grammatical suicide
"some" Euro countries, probably. Yes, I do see how many Euro countries are becoming like the US in that regard...i wonder why..? the UK is probably just as hipster as the US is now...

you know what sucks? People don't read the news..you know what else sucks? Most news corporations. I'll stick with reuters and just hope that the country changes. People are becoming lest modest, more fat, more stupid, and more naive. This is very bad, because it is very good for politicians.

There's some truth here. I've lived with a few french families and the **** they watch is no more enlightening than Honey Boo Boo, by any stretch.

Similar experience with a different country. I'm not saying the culture is bad, I loved the places I went (and the people too). But it isn't as though there's a peaceful community of enlightened monks across the ocean, who do nothing but read and meditate on the benefits of decreased health disparities between classes.

Reactions: 1 user
"some" Euro countries, probably. Yes, I do see how many Euro countries are becoming like the US in that regard...i wonder why..? the UK is probably just as hipster as the US is now...

you know what sucks? People don't read the news..you know what else sucks? Most news corporations. I'll stick with reuters and just hope that the country changes. People are becoming lest modest, more fat, more stupid, and more naive. This is very bad, because it is very good for politicians.
Go visit Manchester at night, watch some TOWIE, and spend some time chav spotting and you'll quickly see that the UK has it as bad as us.

Members don't see this ad :)

The best you can do in this regard is learn the bias of each source that you're reading. Then what? How do you decide what is actually happening/happened/will happen?

There was a time when, on a daily basis, I read Reuters, CNN, Fox, and Al Jezeera hoping to find a kernel of truth.

I gave that up years ago. I'd rather read history than be deceived about the present, if that makes sense.

The best you can do in this regard is learn the bias of each source that you're reading. Then what? How do you decide what is actually happening/happened/will happen?

There was a time when, on a daily basis, I read Reuters, CNN, Fox, and Al Jezeera hoping to find a kernel of truth.

I gave that up years ago. I'd rather read history than be deceived about the present, if that makes sense.
It does make sense... But a lot of history is boring to me... Only war , war, and more war. Gets old. Lol.

Giving up isn't the solution. I read everything, then check sources of things that look sketch.

I'm done with this.

Last edited:
Dunno man, everything on MSNBC and Fox used to be sketchy. Now CNN and Al Jazeera are giving them a run for their money.

This. There is only limited time in the day and I have other things that I need to learn, I think I gave up when I could no longer understand who or what was winning in Libya, Egypt, and then Syria was the last straw.

I'm done with this.

Last edited:
It's so much work. I just follow them on twitter now and laugh at how they portray the same story so differently. Also, no world news. I have to resort to the english version of european/asian newspapers for that.
I usually use a mix of local foreign papers for my international news. And I refuse to ever sign up for Twitter. The whole thing reads like a joke about how short or attention spans have gotten.

According to the article, a PCP there makes $95,000. Not to mention, I think their hours are a lot more regulated.
no way a PCP makes 95k . Maybe if he owns a practice or moonlights in a couple places.
99% of the jobs are salaried, you are basically an employee in a public/private hospital/clinic.

Go visit Manchester at night, watch some TOWIE, and spend some time chav spotting and you'll quickly see that the UK has it as bad as us.
uk would be nothing right now if it wasnt for the city.
It is slowly becoming a very distasteful country compared to the rest of EU.