• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

PCOM Adcom Meeting, February 6

MaximusD

Anatomically Incorrect
Air Force
15+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2006
State of Delirium
www.lmgtfy.com
  1. Attending Physician
    It is my understanding that PCOM's admissions committee meets Tuesday Feb 6th.

I thought that this thread could serve as a means of understanding when everyone starts to receive their letters of acceptance/waitlist/rejection.

As you receive your letter, please note when and how you received your notice. They told us at the interview that they would be via snail mail.

Thanks everyone and best of luck!! Hopefully we'll all be accepted :luck: :luck:

DrHoffy

15+ Year Member
    Jan 26, 2005
    Detroit!
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      So, if PCOM adcom only meets once a month, and they end their interviewing at the end of March then does that mean that we should hear something by April?

So they meet once more in March, then once in April to establish their class, right?
      Then if neccessary they might pull a few people off the waitlist as people who were accepted give up their seat?
      But really, we should know in the next few months? Sorry, I am rambling. I am just trying to put some order to a scary situation.
      :)

About the Ads

Nickelpennykid

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Aug 17, 2006
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        I think it is more like once every 3 weeks or somthing like that, based on looking at the wall of fame to see when the clusters of acceptances occur. I would think that they would meet at the conclusions of the interview season and then when the desposit deadline occurs meet again to sort through the waitlist if necessary. Good luck!

ben_medicine

10+ Year Member
        Dec 9, 2006
        1. Pre-Medical
          I was there and interviewed yesterday (06-05-07).
          They said and I quote "the Admission commity will not meed until next week"
          sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your gonna be waiting a bit longer.

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
          Removed
          10+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Feb 4, 2000
          www.pcom.edu
          1. Resident [Any Field]
            duh DuH DUUUHHH...

Yeah I am a little freaked out... no need to poke fun JP! :oops:

You will be alright.

You had the nicest interviewers PCOM has to offer. As long as your numbers are solid and you didnt say anything stupid we (hopefully) will be seeing you in August.

Well, I wont, but the students will.

Nickelpennykid

10+ Year Member
            7+ Year Member
            Aug 17, 2006
            1. Resident [Any Field]
              Haha...this is getting out of control. They are like the most elusive people ever. I wish they would tell everyone the same date...no need for secrets. Maybe an actual student would be so kind as to inquire for us :)

MaximusD

Anatomically Incorrect
              Air Force
              15+ Year Member
              Aug 8, 2006
              State of Delirium
              www.lmgtfy.com
              1. Attending Physician
                I interviewed on (02/1/2007) and the director of admissions said we should be notified of a decision in a couple of weeks.

Someone in the office told me that they would meet this week and that it would be up to 2 weeks until we receive the their decision in the mail (the two weeks was the longest possible transit time via USPS..)

MaximusD

Anatomically Incorrect
                Air Force
                15+ Year Member
                Aug 8, 2006
                State of Delirium
                www.lmgtfy.com
                1. Attending Physician
                  You will be alright.

You had the nicest interviewers PCOM has to offer. As long as your numbers are solid and you didnt say anything stupid we (hopefully) will be seeing you in August.

Well, I wont, but the students will.

But !IF! I get in, you had better be at the accepted students luncheon...

About the Ads
                  About the Ads

MaximusD

Anatomically Incorrect
                  Air Force
                  15+ Year Member
                  Aug 8, 2006
                  State of Delirium
                  www.lmgtfy.com
                  1. Attending Physician
                    Here's the truth:

They met on Tuesday.

About me? On hold because they want to see my semester grades. (which I already updated)

AACOMAS screwed me and didn't send them my updated grades (which I sent in mid-January and were updated as of January 18). So now I have to make sure to get my new grades to them BUT I won't get re-reviewed until next month (when the class will probably be filled)

So in review: my fiance left me, i failed a BMB test last night, and I'm not going to PCOM... what a great week.

Someone wanna join my pity party?

cbenedic

Wolverine for life
                    10+ Year Member
                    5+ Year Member
                    Feb 14, 2006
                    Chi-town, Illinois
                    1. Medical Student
                      oh no! :( i hope u get your PCOM wish soon,..i'm really sorry about your fiance too...pcom shouldn't have done that to you in the same week!

Here's the truth:

They met on Tuesday.

About me? On hold.

AACOMAS screwed me and didn't send them my updated grades (which I sent in mid-January and were updated as of January 18). So now I have to make sure to get my new grades to them BUT I won't get re-reviewed until next month (when the class will probably be filled)

So in review: my fiance left me, i failed a BMB test last night, and I'm not going to PCOM... what a great week.

Nickelpennykid

10+ Year Member
                      7+ Year Member
                      Aug 17, 2006
                      1. Resident [Any Field]
                        Every other day there is new info about when these people met. It is like trying to find Vice President Cheney. I am in Philly and didn't get mail today, so if it doesn't come by tomorrow (I got somthing sat the last time I was waiting for a letter from them), I'll let people know.

Nickelpennykid

10+ Year Member
                        7+ Year Member
                        Aug 17, 2006
                        1. Resident [Any Field]
                          Did u call pcom for them to tell you that they didn't have it / already met.

Haha, good for you, I'm glad someone finally gets to blow up on the application services. It is not like it is August and they are swamped...there really is no excuse for messing that up.

About the Ads

MaximusD

Anatomically Incorrect
                          Air Force
                          15+ Year Member
                          Aug 8, 2006
                          State of Delirium
                          www.lmgtfy.com
                          1. Attending Physician
                            drmax--cheer up, whats meant to be WILL BE! i'm a firm believer in that. if you're meant to be at PCOM you will be!

and hey JP--did you match yet? what specialty?

I have a slightly more cynical/realistic view on life, but I appreciate the sentiment.

DoctorMom78

Sky Glory
                            10+ Year Member
                            Sep 28, 2006
                            Speedwell, TN
                            www.myspace.com
                            1. Medical Student
                              Here's the truth:

They met on Tuesday.

About me? On hold because they want to see my semester grades. (which I already updated)

:( I still love you!!!:love: :love: :love: :) Everything will work out in the end. :luck:

DoctorMom78

Sky Glory
                              10+ Year Member
                              Sep 28, 2006
                              Speedwell, TN
                              www.myspace.com
                              1. Medical Student
                                Thats the truth.

Things seem to always end up the way theyre supposed to.

(BTW, she dumped ME when I got into medical school...and look at me now. ;) And what is SHE doing? $10/hour is what I hear...)

LOL! Now that's dumb!:smuggrin: :laugh: Doesn't she know she marries you and waits until AFTER you are out of med school. That way she gets alimony.:rolleyes: :laugh: JUST KIDDING!!!

I do believe that everything happens for a reason and that things will work out the way they are supposed to. Just hang in there Dr. Max or whatever your name is. Everything will work out in the end.:love:

MaximusD

Anatomically Incorrect
                                Air Force
                                15+ Year Member
                                Aug 8, 2006
                                State of Delirium
                                www.lmgtfy.com
                                1. Attending Physician
                                  Thats the truth.

Things seem to always end up the way theyre supposed to.

(BTW, she dumped ME when I got into medical school...and look at me now. ;) And what is SHE doing? $10/hour is what I hear...)

I think that's more than what a resident makes these days. :laugh:

Of course... much less than what you'll be making in 6 yrs :) Best of luck on the match!

Nickelpennykid

10+ Year Member
                                  7+ Year Member
                                  Aug 17, 2006
                                  1. Resident [Any Field]
                                    Anyone else hear/not hear anything? Last time I got somthing from them it was on a Saturday after a Tue meeting so now I am begining to think that I might be in MaximusD's situation where I did not get reveiwed. PCOM said they got my transcript from my school in like Jan, so I'm hoping for the best. No mail tomorrow (sunday) is clearly not doing anything for the stress level.

About the Ads
                                    This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                                    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                                    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                                    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                    7. This thread is locked.