You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PCOM Adcom Meeting, February 6
Started by MaximusD
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Mail came early today!!!! I couldn't be any happier right now.
😀
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See ya in the fall!
Finally---I got an interview
its on Wed 28 March---- but I am kind of torn b/c ive already sent in $1000 to CCOM-Midwestern.(where i wasaccepted in October after a Sept Interview) Anyone know when they typically interview until. I think into April?
its on Wed 28 March---- but I am kind of torn b/c ive already sent in $1000 to CCOM-Midwestern.(where i wasaccepted in October after a Sept Interview) Anyone know when they typically interview until. I think into April?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally---I got an interview
its on Wed 28 March---- but I am kind of torn b/c ive already sent in $1000 to CCOM-Midwestern.(where i wasaccepted in October after a Sept Interview) Anyone know when they typically interview until. I think into April?
They interview until the end of March. March 29th is the last interview day I believe. CONGRATs!
congrats nickelpennykid!!!
hopefully when they re-review my app we'll be classmates 🙂
best of luck next year!!!
hopefully when they re-review my app we'll be classmates 🙂
best of luck next year!!!
Turns out PCOM made the mistake and had my new semester grades all along...much dissapointment.
Turns out PCOM made the mistake and had my new semester grades all along...much dissapointment.
WHAT!?!?! So what happens now?
Mail came early today!!!! I couldn't be any happier right now.
😀
Congratulations, and welcome to PCOM! Hang in there Max!!

They'll review me at the next adcom meeting on the 27th... hopefully, I still have a decent shot.
Essentially, the updated AACOMAS app came in but they didn't put it into my file... oh well, hopefully this time they'll like what they see!
Essentially, the updated AACOMAS app came in but they didn't put it into my file... oh well, hopefully this time they'll like what they see!
HI Maximus. I am int eh same boat still....waitlisted like you. How did you find out about the next adcom meeting? I hope we both get in on the next round!
Marcia
Not waitlisted... I'm on academic hold to be re-reviewed at the next adcom meeting bc they thought that I hadn't updated my semester grades. Hopefully that means I still have a shot.
There was an adcom meeting on the 6th and they have it every 3 weeks. That was where I based that off of...
Turns out PCOM made the mistake and had my new semester grades all along...much dissapointment.
OMG!!! They should accept you just because they screwed up!😱
CONGRATULATIONS to everyone that was accepted!
I am pretty sure "on hold" means you are waitlisted. That is the impression I received, perhaps yours is a different scenario though.
My letter said "on hold" so I just assumed that means you are waitlisted. Is that what everyone elses letters said? Or were there actual, "you are on the waitlist" letters?
My letter said "on hold" so I just assumed that means you are waitlisted. Is that what everyone elses letters said? Or were there actual, "you are on the waitlist" letters?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre interview hold is just that...waiting to hear for an interview. They interview through the end of march, so at this point it is getting kind of late and therefore somewhat difficult. "Hold for grades" after an interview is not the waitlist for PCOM. This means that they are waiting for your transcript to update them with your grades. After they have the transcript, you will be reviewed at the next adcom meeting. You can be waitlisted after a "hold for grades" if they still cannot make a decision. If you are not enrolled currently in a school, you can be waitlisted after your interview. To sum it up, being on hold for grades is not the same as being waitlisted at PCOM, however being on hold for grades can lead to being waitlisted (or an acceptance 🙂 )
Pre interview hold is just that...waiting to hear for an interview. They interview through the end of march, so at this point it is getting kind of late and therefore somewhat difficult. "Hold for grades" after an interview is not the waitlist for PCOM. This means that they are waiting for your transcript to update them with your grades. After they have the transcript, you will be reviewed at the next adcom meeting. You can be waitlisted after a "hold for grades" if they still cannot make a decision. If you are not enrolled currently in a school, you can be waitlisted after your interview. To sum it up, being on hold for grades is not the same as being waitlisted at PCOM, however being on hold for grades can lead to being waitlisted (or an acceptance 🙂 )
Hmm well I am post-interview "on hold", has nothing to do with grades or any of that (I am not in school). I am pretty sure this means I am on the waitlist, but do they actually tell you you are on a waitlist?
Hmm well I am post-interview "on hold", has nothing to do with grades or any of that (I am not in school). I am pretty sure this means I am on the waitlist, but do they actually tell you you are on a waitlist?
You are right, that is the waitlist. A lot of schools don't like to actually use the word "waitlist".
Mail came early today!!!! I couldn't be any happier right now.
😀
CONGRATS! So it seems like the last batch of PCOM interviews have been sent out. I guess that's the end it for me 🙁. I only blame myself for applying late. Good luck to people who are interviewing and those on the waitlist.
so I'm curious... I interviewed there last week, but I know they don't have my fall semester grades. Does this mean I'll probably be placed on hold? Any experiences with this other than maximusd's? I'm starting to freak out now...
so I'm curious... I interviewed there last week, but I know they don't have my fall semester grades. Does this mean I'll probably be placed on hold? Any experiences with this other than maximusd's? I'm starting to freak out now...
Depends on how your review goes I guess. They could ask for your fall semester grades or they could just outright accept you. Didn't you want to update them with how you did before your interview????
call it ignorance i suppose...but when the time the interview invite came, fall semester grades weren't released yet, and well, i figured since i got the invite, maybe they had all they needed to make a decision? Besides, dealing with the AACOMAS thing is a game of hurry up and wait...perhaps i should get on this just in case.
call it ignorance i suppose...but when the time the interview invite came, fall semester grades weren't released yet, and well, i figured since i got the invite, maybe they had all they needed to make a decision? Besides, dealing with the AACOMAS thing is a game of hurry up and wait...perhaps i should get on this just in case.
Don't deal with them...send the transcript directly.
john_danko: Yeah and quickly... at this point, although you have over a week until the adcom meeting, I'd say send them overnight service just to be safe. That's an option, at least, with Penn State.
I really hope that I get into PCOM but I have settled back into CCOM. I really don't want to move to Chi-town, but it is a great school and I am still very pleased with my acceptance there. Educationally, it's very similar to PCOM. I just don't want to leave Pennsyltucky and I thought that the students I met at PCOM were more similar to myself.
Interesting fact: Although I have minimal experience in Philadelphia, I was born in Hahnemann Hospital (aka Drexel, now) in Philly bc my mother was there for radiation therapy for breast cancer.
I really hope that I get into PCOM but I have settled back into CCOM. I really don't want to move to Chi-town, but it is a great school and I am still very pleased with my acceptance there. Educationally, it's very similar to PCOM. I just don't want to leave Pennsyltucky and I thought that the students I met at PCOM were more similar to myself.
Interesting fact: Although I have minimal experience in Philadelphia, I was born in Hahnemann Hospital (aka Drexel, now) in Philly bc my mother was there for radiation therapy for breast cancer.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 3K