PCOM Adcom Meeting, Late February

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaximusD

Anatomically Incorrect
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, it's here again.

The PCOM monthly adcom meeting is coming up soon.

Best of luck to all, but especially to me. :love:

Post on here when/if you receive a letter in the mail in the near future.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if they will give you your decision over the phone? I hope I get in !!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wanted to add that they tend to get the letters out extremely fast, though.

Got my hold letter by Friday or Saturday after the Tuesday adcom meeting of that same week.

Hey guys, I'm here sweating it out with you too...

After my interview I was told I'd hear back at the end of the first week in March, so I was guessing the meeting was going to be March 6th. Anybody have any different info?

My guess would be tomorrow, but I haven't heard anything. What I do know is that PCOM will tell interviewing students a variety of dates to keep them guessing haha.

Has anyone heard whether the adcom meeting really occurred on the 27th?

max, where'd you hear about letters coming within 2 days? were they really sent on the 27th?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, it's here again.

The PCOM monthly adcom meeting is coming up soon.

Best of luck to all, but especially to me. :love:

Post on here when/if you receive a letter in the mail in the near future.

GOOD LUCK!!!! :luck: :luck:

good luck to dr max and all the other PCOM hopefuls :luck:

the adcom met on the 27th. the letters then get sent to the dean then out to you. we should be receiving them, at latest, monday, but more probably friday or saturday

Oh god, think I just threw a PE.

Today is "State Patty's Day" since we're on spring break during St. Patty's Day up here at State. So everyone's going to be drinking within the next few hours... except me until after my classes this afternoon. At any rate, I hopefully will be good and drunk when my dad calls me with the decision.

Ugh, gotta keep the hopes in equilibrium.

Today is "State Patty's Day" since we're on spring break during St. Patty's Day up here at State. So everyone's going to be drinking within the next few hours... except me until after my classes this afternoon. At any rate, I hopefully will be good and drunk when my dad calls me with the decision.

LMAO!!! RELAX!!! :luck: :luck: :love:

haha you must be at penn state!

b/c i know that st. patty's day falls within psu's spring break and so all the students unofficially moved st. patty's day so that they could celebrate it and unofficially renamed it "State" patty's day. :laugh:

So I am really hoping that since I am in Philly, I will hear something today.
But, after pondering this way too much, I realized, that if I were the adcom and I only had 4 weeks of interviews left to go, wouldn't I just wait on the "on hold" people until after I have given everyone a shot? So, I am thinking that those of us on hold probably won't get rereviewed until maybe after the end of March. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
:eek:

So, does EVERYONE who interviewed since the last adcom meeting get a response from THIS adcom, whether it be positive/negative/hold?

I just want to know, rather than still having everything up in the air.

OK READ THIS:

Everyone who interviewed between Feb 6th and Feb 27th was PROBABLY reviewed at this adcom meeting (on the 27th).

In addition to this, those who were placed on academic hold for their fall 06 semester grades from the last adcom meeting were also reviewed.

Those on the regular non-descript hold will be reviewed at an undisclosed admissions committee meeting. Hold MAY be another word for wait-list. No one seems to know.

Please let it be known...even if you are a lurker... if you have received ANY decision from PCOM within the last week or so. Thanks and good luck :)

Max you crack me up!

Max,
The wait list is distinct from being "on hold." If you are on hold, a decision has not yet been made, i.e. to accept, reject or to wait list.

Thanks for the info Max. And don't worry, you're not the only psychotic here.

We should probably be separated...:(

i just picked up my mail and nothing from PCOM today...

ditto...right outside philly

I know that PCOM-GA is not meeting again until mid March. I also know that the likely that you will be on hold until the date on your letter is pretty tight. I finally just called and asked whether hold was the waitlist and they said no. Also, they said if you are on hold, other than academic hold, then it is more than likely you will either be accepted or put on the waitlist.:laugh:

Good luck everyone.

nope. it didn't come today. maybe on monday!

Are you even shore that they met this week? I know they have been doing a three week schedule but febuary is a short month to begin with. I didn't here them quote Feb 27th as their meeting dates when i gave tours.

Are you even shore that they met this week? I know they have been doing a three week schedule but febuary is a short month to begin with. I didn't here them quote Feb 27th as their meeting dates when i gave tours.

Fairly sure... i asked the one guy at the front desk on the phone.

If they didn't meet this week then when do they meet?

The letters have def. been sent. A friend of mine got her acceptance letter today.

::edit:: She lives close to Philly, though... West Chester, I believe.

yeah they definately met on the 27th. and that's good to hear. i'm sure we'll all be getting our letters by monday or tuesday whether it be good or bad news. haha hopefully good! :D

Waiting to see what happens. :thumbup:

Good luck to everyone.

Excellent. Another week of waiting may have, in fact, killed me.

P.S. - Hexanol where are you located? (as in, where would your letter be?)

WOW! This thread is stressing ME out!!:smuggrin: :laugh: I am not even waiting for PCOM.:rolleyes:

Good luck everyone!!!:luck: :luck: :luck:

WOW! This thread is stressing ME out!!:smuggrin: :laugh: I am not even waiting for PCOM.:rolleyes:

Good luck everyone!!!:luck: :luck: :luck:

Although I don't post often, I often find myself drawn into pulling for those still in the waiting game. B/c I can clearly remember what it was like to be in the same position. Good luck to you all!!!:)