PCOM Biomedical Sciences 2019-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedMe831

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys! Just wondering if anyone else is thinking about applying for the upcoming next year Fall 2019? Let me know your thoughts and stats and etc for anyone else planning to apply. I'm looking to apply to the PCOM-PA campus, anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I also accidentally put the year in wrong, It should be 2019-2021 (2 year program!)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying to the Ga campus! I have to finish my personal statement and then will submit soon. I've met a few people who are in this program and everyone seems to really enjoy it!

I'm applying to the Ga campus! I have to finish my personal statement and then will submit soon. I've met a few people who are in this program and everyone seems to really enjoy it!

Whats the big difference between the GA campus and the PA campus?!

I'm not sure if there are any differences in the program itself but I live very close to the Ga campus so it's more convenient for me to attend that campus!

I'm not sure if there are any differences in the program itself but I live very close to the Ga campus so it's more convenient for me to attend that campus!
Thats good!!! are you also Pre-med too?? I'm worried that my stats wont be enough to get in. I'm from CA, and Idk how strict they are to acccept out of state applicants

Hi!! Have you already submitted your app!? I'm so scared! But I'm so excited to apply!!!

I haven't yet, but I'm going to the open house in Georgia on October 19th. I have to finish organic chemistry II in the spring since I was a non-science major. Anyone else going to the open house?

Thats good!!! are you also Pre-med too?? I'm worried that my stats wont be enough to get in. I'm from CA, and Idk how strict they are to acccept out of state applicants

Yeah I am! I didn't see anything on their website about their stats. If you're worried, I would call and ask. I'm sure they would be happy to help. Are you applying to the GA campus?

Reactions: 2 users
I’m applying here to the GA campus. Submitting my app tomorrow morning. Very excited about this program, I’ve heard great things! I live in Florida so I’ll keep you guys posted. Fingers crossed for all of us!

I’m applying here to the GA campus. Submitting my app tomorrow morning. Very excited about this program, I’ve heard great things! I live in Florida so I’ll keep you guys posted. Fingers crossed for all of us!
Yeah definitely!! I'm just applying to the PA campus. I'm a CA resident, so I don't know how that would affect the process since I'm not from the east coast? But hopefully they'll consider OOS students!

Submitted for the PA-campus!!
Now we wait!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my acceptance letter in the mail!! Still unsure about attending, but I’m super excited.

I just got my acceptance letter in the mail!! Still unsure about attending, but I’m super excited.
oh my goodness!! CONGRATS! PA campus? or GA campus? Did you have to go through an interview? Do you mind sharing your stats?

Is it too early to make a facebook page for the Phily people lol?

ok join this group: PCOM-Philadelphia Biomedical Sciences 2019-2021

When did you submit your application? I submitted mine November 1st and still haven’t heard back.

does your application get verified when your transcripts come in? How soon did you hear back?

I went to the Philly open house a couple of months ago -- the Associate Director noted that decisions are typically made within 2 weeks after they receive a complete application. However, you can receive an acceptance/rejection notice any time up until the day before the first day of classes.

They also had 10-15 current students and one past student speak during the Biomed presentation. Some were in Year 1, others Year 2, and one halfway through med school at PCOM (MS Biomed alum). All of them were so excited to share about their journeys, including prior experience, self-doubt, concerns about age at matriculation, etc. I think we all left feeling encouraged and hopeful. If you want it, you can absolutely do it - it just might take longer than you would like.

Best wishes to all!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! Does anyone know the deadline for the program? Many thanks!

Hi everyone! My first post to sdn, lol!

Has anyone that had a verified complete app in January receive any word back yet? PCOM-PA

Question for those that are applying, why the Philadelphia over the Georgia campus or vice versa?

Just got accepted to PCOM-GA
MCAT: 485
cGPA: 3.1
sGPA: 3.0

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!!! When did you submit your app/materials? Will you be attending if you don’t mind me asking
I submitted my application in November but didn’t get all my materials in until late January. I will be attending already paid the admission fee.

Question for those that are applying, why the Philadelphia over the Georgia campus or vice versa?
I live 10 minutes away from the Philadelphia campus, but still no word.

And just to be clear, they do not send decisions via email, only through the mail, right?

Does anyone know their program entrance stats? I can’t tell from their website if they have guaranteed entry or just an interview. It seems to imply both.

Does anyone know their program entrance stats? I can’t tell from their website if they have guaranteed entry or just an interview. It seems to imply both.

That's correct, they grant both guaranteed interviews and conditional acceptances. The GPA/score requirements for the guaranteed interview are lower than those for conditional acceptance, so a student who doesn't meet the requirements for conditional acceptance may opt for the former to have a chance at being accepted to the DO program despite lower stats.

That's correct, they grant both guaranteed interviews and conditional acceptances. The GPA/score requirements for the guaranteed interview are lower than those for conditional acceptance, so a student who doesn't meet the requirements for conditional acceptance may opt for the former to have a chance at being accepted to the DO program despite lower stats.

Thanks for that. I called and the lady I spoke with said they just do guaranteed interview. She said some other things that contradicted what I read. Either way I need more concrete info.

Thanks again. Best of luck everyone!

Does anyone’s GradCAS app still say ‘complete’? Should it change to ‘verified’ instead? It’s been about a week or so.

How do you know if your app is being reviewed by the school? Will that pop up on gradcas? Or is there another way to check this info?

Nothing. I don’t even know where to look to see if I’ve been accepted/rejected? GradCAS?

From their website:

"Following the completion of the review process, each applicant is notified of the Faculty Committee on Admissions decision in writing including any conditions that must be satisfied prior to or following enrollment. The committee can accept candidates up until the first day of class in mid-August. Applicants not selected for the program will be sent a final decision email after the first day of class in mid-August."

No updates on GradCAS nor PCOM's application portal. They've had every part of my application since 2/18, and still no word. Honestly, at this point I am considering this as they rejected me since they don't send out formal rejection letters until the 1st day of classes.

No updates on GradCAS nor PCOM's application portal. They've had every part of my application since 2/18, and still no word. Honestly, at this point I am considering this as they rejected me since they don't send out formal rejection letters until the 1st day of classes.
Yeah I was going to wait... but honestly I just accepted the other school that waited for me to get back to them. Anyways its unfair to make us wait this long! its already April!

I applied in early January and was accepted in late January

I applied early March and was accepted in early April. I received my acceptance in the mail. Hope that helps you guys out!

I applied early March and was accepted in early April. I received my acceptance in the mail. Hope that helps you guys out!

Congrats!! Are you planning to attend?

Ah! I just got my acceptance letter in the mail. I’ll be attending as well :)

Application complete April 3
Accepted April 12 (letter dated April 9)