PCOM Biomedical Sciences 2019-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you, I submitted my application just yesterday, but I didn't receive any information about the portal. How long did it take for you to get that information?
I got it the same night I submitted it I believe

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do people think we will know by July if the program will be starting in person (in PA)?? I am worried about housing and such...

I also am withdrawing my acceptance from PCOM BMS. I received a late acceptance from a much cheaper program in a closer state so I'm going with that option. The best part is I can pay out of pocket for it so I won't go into any debt before medical school and the program is only 1 year long. We actually take gross anatomy alongside the DO students which I see as a major plus.

Good luck to you all and remember that no matter where you end up going you gotta be willing to work hard and grind it out!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also am withdrawing my acceptance from PCOM BMS. I received a late acceptance from a much cheaper program in a closer state so I'm going with that option. The best part is I can pay out of pocket for it so I won't go into any debt before medical school and the program is only 1 year long. We actually take gross anatomy alongside the DO students which I see as a major plus.

Good luck to you all and remember that no matter where you end up going you gotta be willing to work hard and grind it out!
Hey did you already accept your spot and then decide you didn’t want to go? I already accepted and signed the forms but no longer want to do the program. I also applied and submitted FAFSA, just trying to see how it works to get everything withdrawn. Did you email admissions and financial aid?

Hey did you already accept your spot and then decide you didn’t want to go? I already accepted and signed the forms but no longer want to do the program. I also applied and submitted FAFSA, just trying to see how it works to get everything withdrawn. Did you email admissions and financial aid?

Its super simple, just email admissions that you want to withdraw your acceptance. Nothing else is necessary.

Does anyone know the mcat score range to get an admission at PA campus?

Does anyone know the mcat score range to get an admission at PA campus?
Not sure but I know people who have been accepted with mcat scores ranging between 494-510! I think they really look at your whole application!

Declining my offer as well. The cost is just too much. It really seems like a 2 year program rather than a one year program. And that seems like 100k in debt. I honestly think a coding bootcamp has more return on investment than this....but I'm a bit biased as I'm a former software engineer transitioning careers lol

I managed to get the total cost of another SMP I'm doing, at the University of Vermont's MMS program, down to 40k total. My class size is 35 people, and it's in a very quiet area on a university campus. Felt too good to pass up. Covid in part is helping because the classes are shifting to remote and tuition got slashed a bit.

This is a unique situation to be in.

I hope you all make the right decision and don't go deeply into debt. It does seem like the 2 year route does work for most students though.

What kind of linkage does the University of Vermont MMS program offer?

If a student gets a 4.0 average the first year, but does not meet the mcat score, are they still considered for the one year track?

If a student gets a 4.0 average the first year, but does not meet the mcat score, are they still considered for the one year track?
No they will not. If you don't meet the minimum MCAT score, you will most likely have to complete the 2nd year of the program to get in the DO program

Members don't see this ad :)
No they will not. If you don't meet the minimum MCAT score, you will most likely have to complete the 2nd year of the program to get in the DO program

Are you saying this because you or someone you know has experience? Even if you don't meet all the criteria for linkage/guaranteed interview, can't PCOM still grant you an interview based on other reasons?

I'm not in the program. I know a few people that experienced this.
Are you saying this because you or someone you know has experience? Even if you don't meet all the criteria for linkage/guaranteed interview, can't PCOM still grant you an interview based on other reasons?

I doubt it, your in a position where if you apply to the DO program and are in the Masters then you would have to meet the criteria. If you already qualify as an applicant to get an interview w/o this program. Then why waste money and time on it, study hard and do well on the MCAT.

Not sure if anyone noticed but PCOM posted on their website a COVID-19 frequently asked questions about the upcoming fall semester. It’s under student affairs

Hey did anyone start filling out the AACOMAS? PCOM has a question that asks “Have you previously applied to any of PCOM’s academic programs at any of our locations?”

I was going to answer yes since I applied early spring to the biomedical program but then it also asks “Please tell us what you have done since the submission of your last application that improves your candidacy to our DO program”

so essentially my question is, Do I just put that I applied and will attend this program in August 2020 and it will strengthen my skills, etc? I haven’t really done anything since my submission in early spring that I didn’t already mention in the covid essay. I feel this question is for people who are reapplying to the DO program but that isn’t the case for us applying as biomeds. Thoughts?

For those of you who will be attending the program in the Fall—anyone feeling a bit nervous or anxious about starting?

Hey did anyone start filling out the AACOMAS? PCOM has a question that asks “Have you previously applied to any of PCOM’s academic programs at any of our locations?”

I was going to answer yes since I applied early spring to the biomedical program but then it also asks “Please tell us what you have done since the submission of your last application that improves your candidacy to our DO program”

so essentially my question is, Do I just put that I applied and will attend this program in August 2020 and it will strengthen my skills, etc? I haven’t really done anything since my submission in early spring that I didn’t already mention in the covid essay. I feel this question is for people who are reapplying to the DO program but that isn’t the case for us applying as biomeds. Thoughts?
If I were you, I would play it safe and call PCOM admissions directly and explain your standing and what advice they would give for answering questions in AACOMAS. I think that's your safest and most complete route in order to answer them correctly and set yourself up to get in!

For those of you who will be attending the program in the Fall—anyone feeling a bit nervous or anxious about starting?
Yes I just want more info about what the semester is going to be like!

Has anyone been accepted to the Philadelphia Program recently?

I just got my MCAT score back. I got a 481. I have CGPA 3.05. I'm taking some summer classes that will increase that GPA and my sgpa. Does anyone know if I even have a chance of getting in?
I’m gonna keep it real with you. I would highly recommend retaking the mcat when you’re ready to do so (aim for at minimum 500) and then reapply next cycle early. I wouldn’t count on it but there is a chance you’ll get in this cycle, ya never know! Hope for the best and prepare for the worst!

Is anyone moving to Moultrie for the South Georgia campus having a hard time finding a place? And have they said anything about the fall semester and COVID? What’s the hold up?

Has anyone gotten an acceptance in the last few weeks? I applied mid June and I haven't heard back yet. :(

Anyone know if this program is going to be in person or online to start? I saw on the PCOM DO SDN that someone said its online but I don't see anything on the site..

Anyone know if this program is going to be in person or online to start? I saw on the PCOM DO SDN that someone said its online but I don't see anything on the site..
Still marked as “TBD” for location on the classes they enrolled me for. I assume it’s because they still don’t know if they can/should do a hybrid version for us based off the governments pending decision to open. Even though they sent an email a while ago strongly suggesting we move closer to school if we planned on it prior to covid.

Does anyone know how we can find out what textbooks we need?

Student affairs sent an email today saying classes will be online from 8/17-8/28 bc they want us to quarantine during that time as well. Then they’ll see about having us in person in some way.

Just got my acceptance this morning!!! In the email it says "Please note, the fall term of the program will be going to a virtual format."

Hey guys! I just applied and I was wondering if it is too late, I did it through GRADCAS
CGPA: 3.29 (w/o grade replacement 3.1)
No standardized test score, please let me know what you think!

Just got my acceptance this morning!!! In the email it says "Please note, the fall term of the program will be going to a virtual format."
Congrautulations.
Is this for PCOM South GA MSBMS ?

Anyone know what days/times class will be held for philadelphia campus?

Do they typically send acceptances during the morning or did others receive their acceptance during the later part of the day? I’m still awaiting for my decision

Do they typically send acceptances during the morning or did others receive their acceptance during the later part of the day? I’m still awaiting for my decision

I’d say late morning to early afternoon, 11am-2pm

Got acceptance email today for the GA campus, but I have no link for the deposit in the portal. Is there normally a lagtime? They said in the email I need to pay by tomorrow or I wouldn't be worried lol.

Also, is the GA campus fully online this trimester?

Got acceptance email today for the GA campus, but I have no link for the deposit in the portal. Is there normally a lagtime? They said in the email I need to pay by tomorrow or I wouldn't be worried lol.

Also, is the GA campus fully online this trimester?
When did you send your application in? I’m still waiting to hear back☹️