Penn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
not to get this thread rolling on another subject, but i had to laugh out loud at this silly statement. sure, i wouldn't trust a non-DVM to do surgery, but to "take care of" my animals? teeth? heck yes. that 'old school' dentist has been doing an awful lot more teeth than i will have been when i start taking money for floating teeth. you gonna start restricting shoeing to DVMs soon?

i think all ya'll in-betweeners should come to Penn :). Good luck to those still makings decisions!

Yes not to start off on another subject but if you talk to the few DVM equine dentists out there there is alot of truth behind what they say concerning dental care and horses that the old school ones may not know about. Not many traditional equine dentists have proper knowledge of power floats, and as for shoeing just because something may have been done in the past by farriers doens't necessarily mean they should be continued in that tradition. Do you know how many human podiatric treatments there are that could be applicable to horses that are not in use because people leave it to farriers to take care of shoeing. Even something as simple as orthotics for horses can greatly improve their orthopedic problems but they are just not used because people are stuck in their old school mentality among other things.

Members don't see this ad.

I think basically you only have to be out there during large animal rotations. So everyone is out there sometimes but the LA-focused people are out there more than the SA people. I know you can rent dorm rooms there or get apartments or commute. I imagine that there will be enough people with cars that you can get rides with people if you offer up gas money - at least for me I have a car and would want the company / splitting gas.

So I know the NBC is a full hour away from the Philly campus. Do you have to drive out there every day? Do you move out closer to it? When/what year/how often do you have to go out there? I am just comparing prices between Tufts and Penn, and I would definitely need to buy a used car if I went to Tufts, plus car insurance, which adds a lot to the cost of the school. I'm just wondering if I could get away without having to buy a car if I went to Penn...

It's not quite a full hour, I've been to both campuses. What they told me when I volunteered one summer at NBC is that your first 2.5 years (so up through first semester of 3rd year) you are almost exclusively at the Philly campus, and when you need to go to NBC they provide a shuttle there. Then the last 1.5 years you are exclusively at NBC and they provide dorms there to stay. So you COULD get away without a car, I'm sure people have in the past.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to add in my opinion of dentists needing DVM or not, I think in MANY cases an equine dentist knows far more about teeth and oral care than an actual vet. I'm certainly not saying all cases, so don't jump on me for that. I know there are also terrible dentists out there who really shouldn't be practicing!

In my own experience as a horse owner, I've found the vets I've used to be very impatient and easily frustrating at my horse since if he distrusts someone he will toss his head a little. One time a vet even slapped him in the face and told me he's poorly disciplined - he's FAR from terrible, honestly he just nods his head up when he's scared, not even rearing/biting or otherwise acting up. So the next time he needed floating I had a dentist (non-DVM) come out to do it, one who was highly recommended, and she was incredible. First off, she didn't sedate him (the vet gave him several doses from the start) and he stood there so beautifully for her with his mouth practically hanging open to let her work. I know this is off-topic because knowledge of animal behavior is far from knowledge of medical needs, but my point is that I've had positive experiences with equine dentists who "only" have that short program as their certification, as well as work shadowing under someone before they went solo.

I always ask them who they studied under, how long they've been practicing dentistry, etc. Just like with hoof trimming (my horse is barefoot, by the way), it's a matter of experience more than book knowledge.

P.S. - In response to the post about how they're cracking down on non-DVM dentists, yes I did hear that. That's a big part of what I meant by I need to do more research. I'd really love to take the course anyway - it would be a great skill to learn - but I would worry about losing any chance at the career if they ban it in the state (technically it is banned in PA but they've never cared to enforce it until recently...every state is different, some don't even require you take the dentistry course!)

I guess I find it surprising that some of you guys don't feel as progressive about the veterinary field as I do. Would you trust your dental care other than a simple cleaning that hygienists do to a non-licensed individual. I think animals deserve the same kind of care as people do although in reality it may not be possible. The DVM equine dentist I know lectures/has conferences at vet schools so that DVM students will oneday get the proper experience in school clinics. I have never seen her sedate horses to float their teeth so for those vets who like to sedate only because of patience issues I don't know what to say.
UPennGroupie it sounds like you have lots of experience with animals so if I were you I wouldn't go for a back-up plan I would definitely continue to pursue a career as a vet.

- no shuttle, ever

- yes, first 2.5 years is exclusively classes on Philly campus. exceptions are summer work, and wet labs by equine/bovine/repro clubs. carpools are available for the latter.

- yes, large animal people move out to unionville/kennet square area during or after third year.

- yes, there are dorms, but only for 2 week stints during rotations. i.e., small animal people doing one rotation at NBC. you cannot stay in the dorms during "Block," which almost everybody takes and the dorms can't fit all those people, so yes, you either move out there after fall semester third year or commute for every day for the 8 weeks of Block (spring semester third year).

hopefulvet21, you can easily get away without a car for the first 2.5 years, maybe even 3 in Philly. if you're large animal, you would need a car when you move out to the large animal campus; if you're small animal and had an apartment within a 10-15 walk of the vet school, you could even go your fourth year without a car if you'd like.

i think that was all of your questions. keep asking if we didn't get them.

Anyone (esp IS) waiting to hear anything from Penn? I'm IS and haven't heard anything either way....Did send an email inquiring and Mac said they're through sending invites and denial letters are going out everyday! :( boo

I have to agree with beanjamime on the dentist thing with this one after interning with an equine dentist all summer. And by equine dentist, I mean equine DENTIST - he is one of a handful in the US board certified in equine dentistry. And he feels very strongly against laypersons practicing dental work. After observing him all summer, I know why. There is so, so much more to it than just filing down sharp points.

The vets leading the way in equine dentistry are working extremely hard to improve vet students' education on the subject. It's really one of the fastest growing fields in equine.

As for sedation - he sedates every horse, every time. This is not due to lack of patience, this is so that he can do a thorough job. It's not fair to the horse to ask them to put up the whole procedure, it can be dangerous if the horse tosses his head while you have instruments in the mouth, the speculum is not the most comfortable thing in the world, etc. It would be like expecting a human doctor to do a thorough job while you are flinging your head all around. It's just not going to happen.

Anyone (esp IS) waiting to hear anything from Penn? I'm IS and haven't heard anything either way....Did send an email inquiring and Mac said they're through sending invites and denial letters are going out everyday! :( boo

I'm IS and after interviewing in mid Feb I got an e-mail saying I made a favorable impression (but not accepted)... haven't heard anything since then.

Just got the email from Penn tonight. Boooooo. That was the last one I was waiting for....rejections from all.

On one hand I think it's not worth immediately reapplying (this was my second year applying), since not really much has changed from my last app to this time....don't think I'm giving up though....if I end up 50 years old and still applying, so be it, hopefully I'll have done so many amazing things trying to jazz up my resume/application that life will be too awesome to feel the disappointment ;). On the other hand, why not apply every year? Even if my credentials aren't drastically different, it's still another chance and a way to show sheer determination.

I think I might go the equine dentistry route...but, not this year...there's too much chaos going on with that area and I don't want to enter into it right in the heat of debates. Although at the same time demand probably will increase since fewer will go to the dentistry schools in fear of having non-DVMs banned in the near future...hmmm...

Equine massage? It's not something I'd do long term....but, it's inexpensive and easy (relatively speaking) to get into, and so far (correct me if wrong please) it's not something being overly challenged, so unlikely to suddenly face a vets-only law. For my resume, it will add an applied knowledge of physiology, etc, and for me, well it would be a lot more fun than chemical engineering.

I've got a lot of thinking to do.

To those who got in, CONGRATULATIONS and my sincere best wishes. I hope to join you someday :), and to those like myself who got the dreaded rejection....well, best of luck in the future.

Wonder why they can't send all the rejections at once... :mad:

I have to agree with beanjamime on the dentist thing with this one after interning with an equine dentist all summer. And by equine dentist, I mean equine DENTIST - he is one of a handful in the US board certified in equine dentistry. And he feels very strongly against laypersons practicing dental work. After observing him all summer, I know why. There is so, so much more to it than just filing down sharp points.

The vets leading the way in equine dentistry are working extremely hard to improve vet students' education on the subject. It's really one of the fastest growing fields in equine.

As for sedation - he sedates every horse, every time. This is not due to lack of patience, this is so that he can do a thorough job. It's not fair to the horse to ask them to put up the whole procedure, it can be dangerous if the horse tosses his head while you have instruments in the mouth, the speculum is not the most comfortable thing in the world, etc. It would be like expecting a human doctor to do a thorough job while you are flinging your head all around. It's just not going to happen.

I completely agree that genuinely uneducated and inexperienced people have no business thinking they know squat about equine dentistry....but I don't agree that only a vet should qualify. I know it's a very complicated job but I also know some very intelligent and skilled individuals who don't have a DVM but they certainly know what they're doing, and most importantly, know when it's time to call in the vet (when surgery's required, a second consult, or any other above-dentistry concern arises). Don't forget there are 3 categories at hand, not just DVM vs. non-DVM. I'm only in support of non-DVM when they ARE certified, and have taken that 6 or 8 week program, PLUS a reasonably long appreticeship of some kind.

On the subject of sedation, I believe it COMPLETELY depends on the horse. Are there horses which require sedation or are better off for their own emotional/physical well-being to have it? Definitely. However, not every horse should be sedated. My own horse is very cooperative with the right person, but under sedation he gets extremely nervous and even with a high dose he still tosses his head and manages to be a hassle because he feels scared and threatened. Sometimes it's good for them to learn to just trust, unsedated. But like I said, it really does depend....I don't think it's a black and white issue with only one answer.

Okay, sorry I completely sidetracked this thread and got several others involved in the subject....let's drop the whole dentistry debate now :) (or start a new thread...?)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm IS and after interviewing in mid Feb I got an e-mail saying I made a favorable impression (but not accepted)... haven't heard anything since then.

Yup... same here

(i'm out of state, if anyone cares)

Because torture is fun :thumbdown: :(

In a weird way I was actually kind of relieved to get it, by then I knew that it was coming so it was nice to finally get the rejection over with!

For university city, any advice on housing? I've been doing a 3hr commute this year, so I'm eager to walk to class! I'm looking for a 3 bedroom place in a house or apt. Is craigslist best? :confused: Did anyone live with classmates before? That's what I'm leaning towards. I hope it isn't a totally horrible idea. Thanks!

For university city, any advice on housing? I've been doing a 3hr commute this year, so I'm eager to walk to class! I'm looking for a 3 bedroom place in a house or apt. Is craigslist best? :confused: Did anyone live with classmates before? That's what I'm leaning towards. I hope it isn't a totally horrible idea. Thanks!

I use to live in UC, some areas are sketchy but as long as you stay below 45th street, you should be OK....

I use to live in UC, some areas are sketchy but as long as you stay below 45th street, you should be OK....

and between baltimore and market, maybe.

i will say that there's a fairly nice and secure apartment building at 47th adn Pine (Garden Court) that many vet students live in.

and between baltimore and market, maybe.

i will say that there's a fairly nice and secure apartment building at 47th adn Pine (Garden Court) that many vet students live in.

Ah yes that's true, esp as you get closer to Clarks Park near 43rd and Baltimore...nice place to hang out w/ your dog if you have one. I lived on Walnut and 44th and have to say that anything past 44th on Walnut was sketchy...its weird, one block may seem safe and the next one over, dark and dangerous...and shifty :shifty:

I'll try to make this make sense...no promises.

Market street is, generally, the northern limit of safety. However, as you get further west, the northern limit moves south. Once you get out to 45th street, it's really not safe to live above Walnut St. Spruce St. remains safe until 47th, Osage Ave safe until 48th or so, and then Baltimore remains decently safe even further west than that. But that's getting into the area that's pretty far from the school, and an inconvenient walk.

I know this is hard to do, but my recommendation is to find a private landlord in University City (ie, not a large building or one of the large rental agencies [especially avoid Green St. Properties, Campus Apts, and a couple others]) with a small building, within the boundaries of Walnut St (north), 46th St (West), and Baltimore Ave (South). Finding a private landlord is difficult. Your best bet is to walk around for a day and look for rental signs (they'll be all over the place in April & May), and to ask current students for recommendations. The vet school will set up a website for incoming students that lists a lot of places for rent, most of which will be with private landlords. Craigslist has a lot of listings, but what I've found is that the good ones tend to get a LOT of interest, so they go really quickly.

Good luck!

It's your lucky day, I have a private landlord recommendation for you. I met this guy and looked at one of his apartments, and was just about to take it when a better offer came along. He seemed like an exceptionally attentive landlord who cared about his buildings, did his own work, and didn't have an overwhelming number of properties.

If you click on the "Openings" tab, he's got 4 places coming open early this summer, all of which are just south of Baltimore Ave. It's a neighborhood that's mostly residential and also has a lot of USP students. Not bad, pretty safe, and all within a block of Clark Park (dog park, farmer's market, LARPers...what more could you ask for). I know he has a few places north of Baltimore too, but maybe not any openings at the moment.

http://www.apartmentsbylego.com/

wow! thanks so much! :) And we had been looking at campus apts. Scratch that! :D

Any opinions on :

University Apartment's Pine terrace or Osage Manor. Is University Apartment as bad as Campus Apt?

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the help!

Any opinions on :

University Apartment's Pine terrace or Osage Manor. Is University Apartment as bad as Campus Apt?

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the help!

They're both right in my neighborhood. A nice area to live. However, Osage Manor looks like a real dump from outside. I've never been in. Pine Manor is an interesting place...lots of balconies, seems relatively quiet, not too dirty. Can't help you beyond that, though.

i'm an undergrad at penn, but i know of a few places you could look at.

if you have the financial resources, you could look at really really nice apartments like radian (on 40th and walnut) - they are brand new apartments and very clean. but quite pricy, even with roommates. there's also the hub, and domus (which is kind of far and very expensive). definitely avoid campus apartments!

also, i think there's housing in center city that provides their own shuttles to UC, so you might consider that option too (i love center city)

there's also a bunch of townhomes(?) i think right behind the vet hospital on pine street i think? those are pretty nice too, i have friends who live in a 4 BR and its a nice street i think. very close to the vet buildings too :)

personally, i try not to venture any further than 42nd and baltimore...the larger the numbers get the sketchier it gets in UC, so yeah.

definitely check out craigslist, i'm sure they have a ton of listings.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...EsaEN&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=result

Google reviews of Campus Apartments. Not good.

Plus, I believe they're pretty strictly a No Pets kinda place. Might not be a problem now, but after a year or two you're gonna want to be able to bring something home with you.

I don't that it got higher than one star! Holy crap that's awful. I feel a slight sense of impending doom, but hopefully a walk around u city to look for independent landlords will pan out. I emailed the independent landlord previously previously suggested, but I don't know if he has any 3 bedrooms. This is why I always procrastinate looking for housing. It's always such a pain and such drama. Thanks again for the help!

Thanks! I think I will be spending a lot of intimate evenings with craigslist in the next few months/weeks

i'm an undergrad at penn, but i know of a few places you could look at.

if you have the financial resources, you could look at really really nice apartments like radian (on 40th and walnut) - they are brand new apartments and very clean. but quite pricy, even with roommates. there's also the hub, and domus (which is kind of far and very expensive). definitely avoid campus apartments!

also, i think there's housing in center city that provides their own shuttles to UC, so you might consider that option too (i love center city)

there's also a bunch of townhomes(?) i think right behind the vet hospital on pine street i think? those are pretty nice too, i have friends who live in a 4 BR and its a nice street i think. very close to the vet buildings too :)

personally, i try not to venture any further than 42nd and baltimore...the larger the numbers get the sketchier it gets in UC, so yeah.

Frankly, domus, radian, and the hub are ridiculously expensive (considering what you could find in University city), and they're predominantly undergrad housing. If that's what you're looking for, go for it, but I don't know a single vet student living in any of those places. The townhouses behind the vet school are also predominantly undergrads (you can tell because there's garbage everywhere), and pretty loud. Very convenient, though, if you can get them.

As for not going past 42nd St....that's just ridiculous. Half of my class lives beyond 42nd St. If you live within 42nd St, I hope you like studying during frat parties. The UPenn PD patrols out to 43rd, and they're going to be increasing their security out to 45th. There are delicious restaurants all over, and a brand new beer bar at 44th and Spruce that's about as good as it gets.

definitely check out those townhomes behind the hospital - pets are allowed too (i'm not sure if it's case by case) but my friends have a cat. also, the unit was in was 2 floors, with a basement and a regular level.

Thanks! I think I will be spending a lot of intimate evenings with craigslist in the next few months/weeks

Live Action RolePlayer. Every Saturday (during the farmer's market), Clark Park fills with kids/teens/adults with foam swords playing capture the flag. Well, some are playing capture the flag. Some of them seem to be casting spells on each other.

As for not going past 42nd St....that's just ridiculous. Half of my class lives beyond 42nd St. If you live within 42nd St, I hope you like studying during frat parties. The UPenn PD patrols out to 43rd, and they're going to be increasing their security out to 45th. There are delicious restaurants all over, and a brand new beer bar at 44th and Spruce that's about as good as it gets.

well i just tend to be super careful about where i go...not used to living in the city :oops:

my opinions may be a little skewed, since i'm an undergrad...:rolleyes:

yeah I think I definitely want to steer clear of the undergrad crowd (no offense Sunnex :() and I heard Domus IS practically an undergrad dorm. Plus the $$ is definitely a consideration for me and the future roommates. The friday afternoon happy hours will have quench any frat party-esque cravings! I'm glad to know security is extending to 45th. I think I may make that my boundary too.

well i just tend to be super careful about where i go...not used to living in the city :oops:

my opinions may be a little skewed, since i'm an undergrad...:rolleyes:

You should be careful, that's reasonable. But bring some friends out to Koch's Deli (43rd and Locust) or Local 44 (Spruce and 44th). Get brunch at Rx Restaurant (45th and Spruce) on the weekend. There's a really great community beyond 42nd, mostly grad students and families, and it's no less safe than the area immediately around campus. I didn't mean to jump all over you! I know most undergrads never come out this far, but it's worth exploring.

You should be careful, that's reasonable. But bring some friends out to Koch's Deli (43rd and Locust) or Local 44 (Spruce and 44th). Get brunch at Rx Restaurant (45th and Spruce) on the weekend. There's a really great community beyond 42nd, mostly grad students and families, and it's no less safe than the area immediately around campus. I didn't mean to jump all over you! I know most undergrads never come out this far, but it's worth exploring.
no worries, you didn't jump all over me :)

i've always wanted to try Rx! I've heard its great.

on a side note, i'm not a big fan of the frat parties/undergrad crowd either, even though i am an undergrad. frats can get pretty obnoxious on weekends...if i didn't have to walk to 33rd/34th for class every day i would totally live off campus!

yeah I think I definitely want to steer clear of the undergrad crowd (no offense Sunnex :() and I heard Domus IS practically an undergrad dorm. Plus the $$ is definitely a consideration for me and the future roommates. The friday afternoon happy hours will have quench any frat party-esque cravings! I'm glad to know security is extending to 45th. I think I may make that my boundary too.

Even if Penn doesn't expand their security out this far (it's under debate at the moment, I believe), the Philly police know there are a lot of students here, and patrol it pretty heavily. There's also a van you can get a ride in from campus at night, if you want it, and Penn security guards will walk you home any time. You have to be smart about what you do after dark, but frankly, the undergrads and people on and near campus do too, and so do the people in center city. It's a Philadelphia-wide problem, unfortunately.

Even if Penn doesn't expand their security out this far (it's under debate at the moment, I believe), the Philly police know there are a lot of students here, and patrol it pretty heavily. There's also a van you can get a ride in from campus at night, if you want it, and Penn security guards will walk you home any time. You have to be smart about what you do after dark, but frankly, the undergrads and people on and near campus do too, and so do the people in center city. It's a Philadelphia-wide problem, unfortunately.

I have seen the Penn security guys out at 45th and Spruce several times since Christmas, so if it's under debate right now, they are patrolling there anyway.

As for Campus Apartments, I agree that as landlords they are not fun (they make you sign your next year's lease like 8 months in advance and if you don't they assume you are moving :eek:), but my apartment is just fine. And it's one of their few pet friendly ones so there are several vet students in it as well as some families. It seems relatively undergrad free because it's out past 42nd. But that is all I would rate them as: just acceptable, not terrible.

If anyone needs more info on them feel free to pm me.

Have you all seen this website? http://www.business-services.upenn.edu/offcampusservices/

I think they send out this info when you get your packet, but just in case.

You should be careful, that's reasonable. But bring some friends out to Koch's Deli (43rd and Locust) or Local 44 (Spruce and 44th). Get brunch at Rx Restaurant (45th and Spruce) on the weekend...

Agreed. I would live in Koch's if I could.

Because torture is fun :thumbdown: :(
The torture is finally over, email finally arrived today...the committe "was unable to act favorably on your application for admission to the 2009 entering class." Nice letter but too bad I won't be able to join you guys at Penn (my IS) but no worries.... I'm off to Western :D
I live pretty close to center city, right of the Broad street line, like it's literally right outside my building! PM me if you want info/tour of the place...I'll most likely be moving out end of June or mid July.
Good luck everyone and I'll hopefully be chatting w/ you on the vet student thread!

Robeezy--

Bummer about Penn, but how exciting about Western!!! Yay!!! I knew my good vibes would come in handy!!! ;) Congrats! IS is overrated anyway!

Robeezy--

Bummer about Penn, but how exciting about Western!!! Yay!!! I knew my good vibes would come in handy!!! ;) Congrats! IS is overrated anyway!

LOL, thanks again! Your vibes are greatly appreciated :D

This is why I always procrastinate looking for housing. It's always such a pain and such drama.

Definitely, definitely do NOT procrastinate! As soon as you're committed to Penn, I would start looking. You can get lucky later on, but a lot of the good stuff, especially if you want to be very close to school, goes very quickly very early in the year (ie think now for june-august lease start dates!).

Definitely, definitely do NOT procrastinate! As soon as you're committed to Penn, I would start looking. You can get lucky later on, but a lot of the good stuff, especially if you want to be very close to school, goes very quickly very early in the year (ie think now for june-august lease start dates!).

ahh. yes I'm looking and definitely avoiding campus apartments and university city housing like the plague. Have an appointment to see 2 places next week and plan to make more calls tomorrow. Wish me luck...I really hate the housing search. +pity+Does anyone know if a lot of students stay in Philadelphia for the summer? Do a lot of people sublet?

Just popping in to say that I visited UPenn and met imagine21 on Tuesday, and I loved it! I'm applying this fall, so there's a whole year of suspense left. :scared: Good luck to those of you who are still waiting to hear.

I wouldn't be nearly as afraid of UCH as these reviews would suggest. Remember that people mainly post reviews when something has gone wrong.

I have been living in a UCH building for a year, and it's been perfectly fine. If you aren't cool with an old building and what comes with that (yes, there are roaches in the building... however, with cats we see maybe one a month... and it's dead because my cats killed it), than you shouldn't rent from that.

That aside, rent is cheap and includes heat, water, cooking gas, and internet. You just have to pay for electricity (which has been very reasonable in my building) and cable/phone if you want it. You can get cable (~70 channels + HBO channels) for $35 from the same people that provide the internet, so that's cheap too. Granted, it's a little sketch -- it's clearly satellite tv routed through cables? - but it works fine 99% of the time and is way cheaper than comparable coverage through other companies.

The people at UCH have been very easy to work with. They are young people, but do get everything done. Each time I see a roach, the exterminator is there the next Tuesday. A few things have needed to be fixed or painted, and this has happened promptly as well. I will admit, the painter seemed a little weird and insisted on calling me honey and sweetie, but did a pretty decent job and I definitely didn't steal anything or the like.

As far as people walking in on you to show off your apartment, just put it in your lease that they need to call ahead. We asked for them to do that, and they had no problem with it at all. The contractors have all knocked before entering, and we expected them because we had asked for things to be fixed.

I can't speak for all of the buildings, my mine has been nice. The laundry downstairs is cheap ($0.75/load) and the machines work fine. Sometimes you have to battle a bit with the coin thing, but that's it. The building is also small enough that I haven't run into much trouble with having to wait for machines.

There is some noise from the hallway into the apartment (minimal since it's not a huge building), but there is no problems at all with sound from floor to floor.

Yes, you have to give them a bunch of money before you move in... but you will find that is pretty common around the city with many landlords. The move in/out policies are a little strange, but they were willing to work with us for the move in for sure... and the move out they seemed flexible too.

Okay, this is way too long already, but if you have any other questions or want the name of the building that I live in, just PM me.

totally unrelated question. Does anyone know if we're going to have to buy coveralls and rubber boots if we plan on doing some of the clubs out at New Bolton? Thanks! :D