PennVet c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It’s Thursday again! Anyone hear about interviews yet today?

Members don't see this ad.

OOS interview invite!!! I think I'm gonna cry lol

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There's likely only 2 more Thursday's where they invite people to interview and my chances are dwindling. I'm somewhere in between hating myself and hating all these schools for having a cap on how many students they allow. Congrats to everyone who's got an invite already, but f the application process.

• Care
There's likely only 2 more Thursday's where they invite people to interview and my chances are dwindling. I'm somewhere in between hating myself and hating all these schools for having a cap on how many students they allow. Congrats to everyone who's got an invite already, but f the application process.
I’m not sure this is true. Last year I was rejected the third week of February and if they hold true to that schedule (which they have) we have at least until the end of February!! Don’t give up hope!

Reactions: 4 users
Same .

Spoke to admissions office, “interview invites will be sent out every week till the end of February.”

I just wish they would send them all at once or at least send rejections out

Spoke to admissions office, “interview invites will be sent out every week till the end of February.”
If they send invites out every Thursday’s for interviews on Friday 15 days later, that means they will be interviewing into March. Is that correct??

No only till the last week of February
so that means that they will either give less than a weeks notice for interviews or there are only 2 more thursdays left to send out invites

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just read on a FB post that Penn has a history of grouping the interview invites by field of interest (lab animal, small animal, large, exotic, etc.). Maybe that's why we can't find a correlation by last name or time zone. I also read in a FB post that some people received interview invites at the end of February last cycle!

I just read on a FB post that Penn has a history of grouping the interview invites by field of interest (lab animal, small animal, large, exotic, etc.). Maybe that's why we can't find a correlation by last name or time zone. I also read in a FB post that some people received interview invites at the end of February last cycle!
I believe they used to do that with in person interviews as LA people would be able to go to the New Bolton Center or something along those lines. With online now, that is no longer then case.

I was just looking at this thread, im a first year elsewhere but was rejected from upenn on february 28th. It was about a week after everyone else, I was kept on like an unofficial waitlist if anybody cancelled an interview for the last session. So you guys still have time :)

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone say what their specific interests was?

is there gonna be an info session or something?
Yes! They usually do several virtual Q&A sessions - for my year they did one about NBC, one about Financial Aid, and one about general PennVet things.

Anyone who has interviewed with the school/current students. Could you explain more about the interview process/what to expect? I'm a little confused as to why the interview is a few hours long.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who has interviewed with the school/current students. Could you explain more about the interview process/what to expect? I'm a little confused as to why the interview is a few hours long.
There’s a short intro to the process when you sign on, and afterwards you’re encouraged to stay on the call and ask current students questions. The actual interview is only 30 minutes and they sent the time and link to that Zoom a few days before. Otherwise you can pop in and out of the Q&A with the current students. I don’t think you’re expected to be on for the entire session.

Are they still interviewing oos applicants?
Yes they do not separate OOS and IS applicants when interviewing. All interview sessions have a mix of OOS and IS.

Does anyone know how many people get interviews vs how many accepted?
300 interviews will be conducted for ~130 seats. The university is aiming for 130 students in each class (They told us this today in our State of the School, unsure what they've told you all during interviews and info sessions). The current first-year class (V26) has 128, my class (V25) started with 138 and now we have 134 (something like that, we lost and gained students and I can't keep track lol).

Some other stats they told us today:
This years current first year class (V26) has 42 PA residents and 82 OOS residents to give you an idea of who they accept (Yes, I know that that doesn't equal 128, 4 students are joined their class from years' prior).

The average GPA of accepted students for V26 was 3.64.

Hope that helps answer some questions and alleviate some anxiety! Best of luck to everyone who interviewed last week and is interviewing this week and remember that no news is good news!

I interviewed on Friday (1/27) and my interviewer called today (1/31) and I was accepted! I am an OOS first time applicant.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Yes they do not separate OOS and IS applicants when interviewing. All interview sessions have a mix of OOS and IS.

300 interviews will be conducted for ~130 seats. The university is aiming for 130 students in each class (They told us this today in our State of the School, unsure what they've told you all during interviews and info sessions). The current first-year class (V26) has 128, my class (V25) started with 138 and now we have 134 (something like that, we lost and gained students and I can't keep track lol).

Some other stats they told us today:
This years current first year class (V26) has 42 PA residents and 82 OOS residents to give you an idea of who they accept (Yes, I know that that doesn't equal 128, 4 students are joined their class from years' prior).

The average GPA of accepted students for V26 was 3.64.

Hope that helps answer some questions and alleviate some anxiety! Best of luck to everyone who interviewed last week and is interviewing this week and remember that no news is good news!

Are interviews based directly from your VMCAS application? or more of a “get to know you” ?

Was this today???

Yes oddly enough. Someone may have declined theirs and they invited me cuz its for Feb 10th! Others got invited for their interview that day last week, and they asked me to confirm by tomorrow

Yes oddly enough. Someone may have declined theirs and they invited me cuz its for Feb 10th! Others got invited for their interview that day last week, and they asked me to confirm by tomorrow
WOW good luck!! Relax and be yourself!

Are interviews based directly from your VMCAS application? or more of a “get to know you” ?
More of a get to know you, I don't remember being asked anything directly from my VMCAS. I certainly used my experiences to answer questions though.

Are interviews still being sent out? Or do we think we’re just waiting for a rejection email at this point?

Reactions: 1 user
Are interviews still being sent out? Or do we think we’re just waiting for a rejection email at this point?

I think there’s 2 more invitation days for the last 2 weeks of Feb. Tomorrow and Next Thurs, unless things change

Just wanted to drop in and say good luck to those of us who are still waiting for interview invites. I hope we all hear some good news tomorrow morning and I am manifesting the best for all of us 🫶

Reactions: 9 users
I just got an OOS interview invite :)

Reactions: 7 users
Yup :( Honestly think I might just give up on Penn at this point cause there’s only one Thursday left for invites :-/
Totally feel this. Trying to stay positive because it’s my dream school but :(

I got an OOS interview invite around 1:30pm EST today!

I wonder if interview invite waves are actually over and these last few are from the waiting list?

They seem much more sporadic than the last few weeks

I wonder if interview invite waves are actually over and these last few are from the waiting list?

They seem much more sporadic than the last few weeks

I think this might be true….I’m not seeing any mass interview invites and people seem to be getting interviews almost randomly one at a time.

anyone else here IS? I feel like I haven’t seen a lot of IS interview invites. (I know not everyone who gets invited is on SDN)