You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PennVet c/o 2027
Started by mkg323
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS interview invite!!! I think I'm gonna cry lol
hopingforDVM
New Member
OOS interview invite for February 10th!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
animals!
Full Member
There's likely only 2 more Thursday's where they invite people to interview and my chances are dwindling. I'm somewhere in between hating myself and hating all these schools for having a cap on how many students they allow. Congrats to everyone who's got an invite already, but f the application process.
I’m not sure this is true. Last year I was rejected the third week of February and if they hold true to that schedule (which they have) we have at least until the end of February!! Don’t give up hope!There's likely only 2 more Thursday's where they invite people to interview and my chances are dwindling. I'm somewhere in between hating myself and hating all these schools for having a cap on how many students they allow. Congrats to everyone who's got an invite already, but f the application process.
Destiny Dalesandro
Full Member
Same .There's likely only 2 more Thursday's where they invite people to interview and my chances are dwindling. I'm somewhere in between hating myself and hating all these schools for having a cap on how many students they allow. Congrats to everyone who's got an invite already, but f the application process.
eleanor713
Full Member
I just wish they would send them all at once or at least send rejections out
animals!
Full Member
so there will be interviews at the beginning of march?Spoke to admissions office, “interview invites will be sent out every week till the end of February.”
DogMom1313
Full Member
If they send invites out every Thursday’s for interviews on Friday 15 days later, that means they will be interviewing into March. Is that correct??Spoke to admissions office, “interview invites will be sent out every week till the end of February.”
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
good luck to everyone with an interview tomorrow!
No only till the last week of Februaryso there will be interviews at the beginning of march?
animals!
Full Member
so that means that they will either give less than a weeks notice for interviews or there are only 2 more thursdays left to send out invitesNo only till the last week of February
No only till the last week of February
i thought you said they were sending invites out still until the end of February
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
I just read on a FB post that Penn has a history of grouping the interview invites by field of interest (lab animal, small animal, large, exotic, etc.). Maybe that's why we can't find a correlation by last name or time zone. I also read in a FB post that some people received interview invites at the end of February last cycle!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe they used to do that with in person interviews as LA people would be able to go to the New Bolton Center or something along those lines. With online now, that is no longer then case.I just read on a FB post that Penn has a history of grouping the interview invites by field of interest (lab animal, small animal, large, exotic, etc.). Maybe that's why we can't find a correlation by last name or time zone. I also read in a FB post that some people received interview invites at the end of February last cycle!
I was just looking at this thread, im a first year elsewhere but was rejected from upenn on february 28th. It was about a week after everyone else, I was kept on like an unofficial waitlist if anybody cancelled an interview for the last session. So you guys still have time 🙂
Did anyone say what their specific interests was?I just read on a FB post that Penn has a history of grouping the interview invites by field of interest (lab animal, small animal, large, exotic, etc.). Maybe that's why we can't find a correlation by last name or time zone. I also read in a FB post that some people received interview invites at the end of February last cycle!
devhallihan
Full Member
is there gonna be an info session or something?
Yes! They usually do several virtual Q&A sessions - for my year they did one about NBC, one about Financial Aid, and one about general PennVet things.is there gonna be an info session or something?
I did in my personal statement/supplimental essaysDid anyone say what their specific interests was?
Anyone who has interviewed with the school/current students. Could you explain more about the interview process/what to expect? I'm a little confused as to why the interview is a few hours long.
There’s a short intro to the process when you sign on, and afterwards you’re encouraged to stay on the call and ask current students questions. The actual interview is only 30 minutes and they sent the time and link to that Zoom a few days before. Otherwise you can pop in and out of the Q&A with the current students. I don’t think you’re expected to be on for the entire session.Anyone who has interviewed with the school/current students. Could you explain more about the interview process/what to expect? I'm a little confused as to why the interview is a few hours long.
vetmed2022!!
Full Member
Does anyone know how many people get interviews vs how many accepted?
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
300 interviews and 120 seatsDoes anyone know how many people get interviews vs how many accepted?
Yes they do not separate OOS and IS applicants when interviewing. All interview sessions have a mix of OOS and IS.Are they still interviewing oos applicants?
300 interviews will be conducted for ~130 seats. The university is aiming for 130 students in each class (They told us this today in our State of the School, unsure what they've told you all during interviews and info sessions). The current first-year class (V26) has 128, my class (V25) started with 138 and now we have 134 (something like that, we lost and gained students and I can't keep track lol).Does anyone know how many people get interviews vs how many accepted?
Some other stats they told us today:
This years current first year class (V26) has 42 PA residents and 82 OOS residents to give you an idea of who they accept (Yes, I know that that doesn't equal 128, 4 students are joined their class from years' prior).
The average GPA of accepted students for V26 was 3.64.
Hope that helps answer some questions and alleviate some anxiety! Best of luck to everyone who interviewed last week and is interviewing this week and remember that no news is good news!
someday-dr
Full Member
I interviewed on Friday (1/27) and my interviewer called today (1/31) and I was accepted! I am an OOS first time applicant.
276dvmtrack
Full Member
OOS Interview invite!! Completely unexpected!
276dvmtrack
Full Member
Yes they do not separate OOS and IS applicants when interviewing. All interview sessions have a mix of OOS and IS.
300 interviews will be conducted for ~130 seats. The university is aiming for 130 students in each class (They told us this today in our State of the School, unsure what they've told you all during interviews and info sessions). The current first-year class (V26) has 128, my class (V25) started with 138 and now we have 134 (something like that, we lost and gained students and I can't keep track lol).
Some other stats they told us today:
This years current first year class (V26) has 42 PA residents and 82 OOS residents to give you an idea of who they accept (Yes, I know that that doesn't equal 128, 4 students are joined their class from years' prior).
The average GPA of accepted students for V26 was 3.64.
Hope that helps answer some questions and alleviate some anxiety! Best of luck to everyone who interviewed last week and is interviewing this week and remember that no news is good news!
Are interviews based directly from your VMCAS application? or more of a “get to know you” ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was this today???OOS Interview invite!! Completely unexpected!
276dvmtrack
Full Member
Was this today???
Yes oddly enough. Someone may have declined theirs and they invited me cuz its for Feb 10th! Others got invited for their interview that day last week, and they asked me to confirm by tomorrow[emoji854][emoji854][emoji23]
WOW good luck!! Relax and be yourself!Yes oddly enough. Someone may have declined theirs and they invited me cuz its for Feb 10th! Others got invited for their interview that day last week, and they asked me to confirm by tomorrow[emoji854][emoji854][emoji23]
More of a get to know you, I don't remember being asked anything directly from my VMCAS. I certainly used my experiences to answer questions though.Are interviews based directly from your VMCAS application? or more of a “get to know you” ?
276dvmtrack
Full Member
Are interviews still being sent out? Or do we think we’re just waiting for a rejection email at this point?
I think there’s 2 more invitation days for the last 2 weeks of Feb. Tomorrow and Next Thurs, unless things change
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
Just wanted to drop in and say good luck to those of us who are still waiting for interview invites. I hope we all hear some good news tomorrow morning and I am manifesting the best for all of us 🫶[emoji2533][emoji1694]
Anyone hear anything yet today?
DogMom1313
Full Member
Not yet. Wondering the same.Anyone hear anything yet today?
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
I just got an OOS interview invite 🙂
Did the email come through just now? Or did you get it earlier?
DogMom1313
Full Member
Was it a phone call or email?I just got an OOS interview invite 🙂
Anyone else get anxiety every thursday 🥲
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
Anyone else get anxiety every thursday 🥲
Yup 🙁 Honestly think I might just give up on Penn at this point cause there’s only one Thursday left for invites :-/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Totally feel this. Trying to stay positive because it’s my dream school but 🙁Yup 🙁 Honestly think I might just give up on Penn at this point cause there’s only one Thursday left for invites :-/
276dvmtrack
Full Member
I wonder if interview invite waves are actually over and these last few are from the waiting list?
They seem much more sporadic than the last few weeks
They seem much more sporadic than the last few weeks
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
I wonder if interview invite waves are actually over and these last few are from the waiting list?
They seem much more sporadic than the last few weeks
I think this might be true….I’m not seeing any mass interview invites and people seem to be getting interviews almost randomly one at a time.
anyone else here IS? I feel like I haven’t seen a lot of IS interview invites. (I know not everyone who gets invited is on SDN)