-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PennVet c/o 2027
Started by mkg323
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
congrats!!! what time did you receive the email?IS Interview invite! Super excited!!
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
just got OOS interview!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Omg congrats! What time and what is your state and last name initial?just got OOS interview!
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
It's feb 3rd, I'm from NJ last name starts with SOmg congrats! What time and what is your state and last name initial?
OOS interview invite.
Was that just now? Im trying to see if they sent them all at once earlier or there are still more going out todayOOS interview invite.
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
Sorry! i heard at 11:15am!Omg congrats! What time and what is your state and last name initial?
It came at 11:11 today for me.
DogMom1313
Full Member
EST?Sorry! i heard at 11:15am!
DogMom1313
Full Member
What time zone are you guys in?It came at 11:11 today for me.
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
i’m EST
luckycharm12
Full Member
IS interview invite!! I’m so nervous. Email was sent at 11:10am est. someone on here asked what gpas we had. Mine was a 3.86.
Man I really wished they had that system when I was there. It seemed so disjointed. Happy to see the movement forward.I am a current first year in the new curriculum. We have been able to get a lot of hands on experience since we started class in various areas of vet med. The bock system we are now made classes integrated so we only have one main “class” but we cover anatomy, physiolog, ect for the system that block focuses on. We also have 2 other course one that focuses on clinical skills and another that focuses on how to perform and evaluate good science. Tests are on Fridays at the end of blocks with a few exception. This means we only have tests every couple weeks, not every week. The other big change is clinical rotations start the fall of third year.
I personally really like the new curriculum. The block system of focusing on one system makes the information easier to understand from the angle that everything we are learning at a given time is building on itself and the material is not all over the place and disconnected. The predictability of when tests are and not having a test every week is huge.
If you have other questions let me know!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Kim_Woodpecker
Full Member
I am really starting to get discouraged that I haven't heard anything yet. I know I am not a very competitive applicant and I just have a feeling that I will be strung along until February and then rejected 🙃
Dr.SnowWhite
Full Member
For anyone that has already interviewed, how was it? Trying my best to prep for tomorrow!
OOS interview came thru this morning! 🤩
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
good luck to everyone with an interview today!
Destiny Dalesandro
Full Member
I have a D last name and haven’t heard anything.
My last name starts with a c and I haven’t heard anything either. Maybe they are interviewing based on GPA like high to lowI have a C last name and haven’t heard yet, has anyone heard anything today?
Penn does not schedule interviews based on last name or GPA. Case in point - my roomate's last name begins with D and she interviewed with me on the same day. My last name begins with P. Evidence for basing interviews on GPA - I had a 3.9 and interviewed in the first week of February. Some of my classmates that had lower GPAs were interviewed in January.
There has been a lot of speculation over the years as to how they choose who gets interviewed earlier vs. later. My best guess would be based on location (so everyone is in the same time zone when they interview) or an internal ranking system that has never been disclosed to the students. More than likely they rank all of the applications and pick their top 300 (once in the top 300 no one is ranked 1,2,3, etc.... all being just "good enough to attend Penn") and randomly assign interview dates, meaning it's luck of the draw. When you are interviewed has no bearing on how well you'll do in school. The #1 ranked person in our class interviewed in February.
There has been a lot of speculation over the years as to how they choose who gets interviewed earlier vs. later. My best guess would be based on location (so everyone is in the same time zone when they interview) or an internal ranking system that has never been disclosed to the students. More than likely they rank all of the applications and pick their top 300 (once in the top 300 no one is ranked 1,2,3, etc.... all being just "good enough to attend Penn") and randomly assign interview dates, meaning it's luck of the draw. When you are interviewed has no bearing on how well you'll do in school. The #1 ranked person in our class interviewed in February.
Congrats! No news yet for me :')It came at 11:11 today for me.
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
are the interviewers professors?
Was this just today? Was this after an interview?IS rejection ( P last name)
Yes, I had my interview FridayWas this just today? Was this after an interview?
I’m sorry!Yes, I had my interview Friday
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
no! there still sending out invites through the next couple of weeks! don’t give up hope!If I haven’t been offered an interview should I consider it a rejection?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes! Professors, faculty/staff, and I believe they might have some alumni (don't quote me on that though). I don't remember one of my interviewers but my other one was a behavior prof who has lectured to my class many times!are the interviewers professors?
do they release all decisions from friday's interviews on the same day?
Last week people got calls at different times, but the official acceptance email went out Wednesday morning!
Nope, unless things have changed. Many of my classmates heard back the following Monday, however I didn't hear back until the Tuesday after at like 5pm!do they release all decisions from friday's interviews on the same day?
D
deleted1125995
Have they sent out any rejections that were not interviewees?
Looking at last years thread, after the first few round of interviews/rejections and the middle waves were mostly just interviews until about the second week of February. During the second week of February a larger wave of rejections came out and by the end of the month everyone seemed to have either been accepted, rejected, or listed as an alternate.Have they sent out any rejections that were not interviewees?
Dr.SnowWhite
Full Member
JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE!!! had my interview two days ago!!!
CONGRATS !!!JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE!!! had my interview two days ago!!!
Dr.SnowWhite
Full Member
Did they call or email?
Call! My phone flagged it as spam but they called again and i fortunately answered!
Congrats! Was the interview scenario based or like more traditional questions?JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE!!! had my interview two days ago!!!
Does anyone know about how many acceptance offers have been extended as of now?
Good to know! Thanks!There has only been two interview days so far with about 10 people interviewing on each day, so not many!
Dr.SnowWhite
Full Member
Congrats! Was the interview scenario based or like more traditional questions?
Thanks! It was a mix but more traditional for me.
Wait I’m confused, does this mean that only 20 people have gotten interview invites so far out of the 300 they plan to?There has only been two interview days so far with about 10 people interviewing on each day, so not many!
DogMom1313
Full Member
Great question. Thank you for asking. I was wondering the same.Wait I’m confused, does this mean that only 20 people have gotten interview invites so far out of the 300 they plan to?
eleanor713
Full Member
They have only had 2 interviews so probably only around 20 have interviewed so far but they have already invited for this Friday and next Friday interviews so 40 total invites have been sent out if the 10 a week is true
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They interview more than 10 people a day. There may be about 10 people per interview session but there is an morning and afternoon session each Friday.There has only been two interview days so far with about 10 people interviewing on each day, so not many!
OOS acceptance! Completely over the moon! My dream school!
OOS Acceptance call at 2:55 pm EST today! I nearly died. I got rejected last cycle after my interview at Penn and while it was super disappointing, taking the extra year to apply again was worth it. For anyone feeling really upset about their rejection, please don't lose hope. As long as you follow your passion, you'll get where you want to be. Please don't give up! If anyone is going to re-apply to Penn or their dream school, do it. Don't look at the gap year as a delay or a setback. There will always be at least one thing you gain from it. Whoever needed to read that, I hope it helps. Best of luck to everyone! ♥️
I am not sure if other sessions had fewer people, but my morning session last Friday had 20 people in it. I know there was also an afternoon session which ran for just as long. I would guess they had the same number of interviewees based on the timing of that session. If that's the case, 40 people interviewed last Friday, and I'd assume a similar number the week before.Great question. Thank you for asking. I was wondering the same.
Anyone have insights on the interview? Do we know who is going to interview us?