PennVet c/o 2027

Started by mkg323
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Just looked through last years thread and it appears that the last wave of interview invitations [last year] was sent out the second week of February. And it said that if you haven’t been contacted by Penn at this point (no rejection but no interview either) then you are likely kept on the unofficial interview waitlist and will only be offered an interview if others back out over the next two weeks. Feeling really discouraged right now since I haven’t heard anything since the confirmation email months ago. Congrats to all those who have been accepted tho!
 
Just looked through last years thread and it appears that the last wave of interview invitations [last year] was sent out the second week of February. And it said that if you haven’t been contacted by Penn at this point (no rejection but no interview either) then you are likely kept on the unofficial interview waitlist and will only be offered an interview if others back out over the next two weeks. Feeling really discouraged right now since I haven’t heard anything since the confirmation email months ago. Congrats to all those who have been accepted tho!
Exact same. It’s soul crushing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As a second time reapplicant to Penn, if it does happen that you don't get in, do a file review! Last year I got rejected from Penn without an interview at the end of February. It was so heart breaking, but the admissions director does an incredible 1-on-1 session with you. He was honest and told me exactly what he wanted to see improve on my application. I really recommend it!!

On another note, does Penn have an admitted students visiting day to tour the campus?
 
As a second time reapplicant to Penn, if it does happen that you don't get in, do a file review! Last year I got rejected from Penn without an interview at the end of February. It was so heart breaking, but the admissions director does an incredible 1-on-1 session with you. He was honest and told me exactly what he wanted to see improve on my application. I really recommend it!!

On another note, does Penn have an admitted students visiting day to tour the campus?

I’m not sure but if you find out please LMK!
 
Same 🙁 Why wait so long to reject us? This process is stressful enough.
Yes! I think I peaked in my stress levels about it a week or two ago, and at this point I'm just resigned to a probable rejection, but it would be nice to have been told one way or another earlier instead of stringing us along... even if we are on an unofficial waitlist to interview it would be nice to just know that! Weeks of no communication whatsoever is just stressful & disheartening 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I don't mean to give any of you PTSD, but do you remember when you get a rejection e-mail after the interview? I want to mentally prepare myself haha.

Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what happened during your interview??
Just weird vibes, one of my interviewers was very stoic, I felt there were multiple questions that were intended to trip me (which is fine, but given how short the interview was I wasn’t expecting more than 1). I didn’t feel very confident or positive by the end of it (and I felt a little dumb tbh)