You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PennVet c/o 2027
Started by mkg323
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Kim_Woodpecker
Full Member
Same though!Just over here constantly refreshing my email and this forum 🫠
They’ve been releasing the other invite waves relatively early, so I’m so confused for today… will we have to wait until tomorrow?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone happen to know how long after receiving your decision that you would hear about financial aid information?
Last edited:
DogMom1313
Full Member
I’m hoping no news is good news? It’s already 1:22 EST and I haven’t heard anything today.Nope, but looking at last years thread, if Penn continues with the trend it seems like the last wave of interviews will be sent out today, along with most of the rejections (they may hold on to some and not update you just in case other back out of their interview)
bluepoodle14
New Member
Out of state interview invite!! Emailed today around lunchtime
Jen S
New Member
Congratulations! What is the date of the interview you got?Out of state interview invite!! Emailed today around lunchtime
bluepoodle14
New Member
Thank you! February 24thCongratulations! What is the date of the interview you got?
Out of state interview invite!! Emailed today around lunchtime
Congratulations! Good luck!
futurebonedogtor
Full Member
Has anybody else still not heard anything?
I haven’t heard anything since September when they confirmed getting my application. Penn is also my IS.Has anybody else still not heard anything?
I also haven't heard anything since the application confirmation. OOS hereHas anybody else still not heard anything?
I haven't heard anything since application confirmation months agoHas anybody else still not heard anything?
Did anyone else send a "thank you" email to their interviewers and they not responded back? I don't want to take it as a negative sign!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
Was yesterday for sure the last day for interview invites to be sent out? OOS and still haven't heard anything. Hopeful that interviews through the end of February means they will be sending out invites all the way through the end of Feb... but not sure
I am gonna email Penn to see what’s up about the interview timeline. Cause someone who interviewed like a week ago said that their interviewer told them they weren’t even halfway through interviews yet.
276dvmtrack
Full Member
I am gonna email Penn to see what’s up about the interview timeline. Cause someone who interviewed like a week ago said that their interviewer told them they weren’t even halfway through interviews yet.
They told me today they’re a little over / just getting to halfway through interviews.
There’s next week and the 24th I believe, and its 300 interviews out of 1600 applicants
He did say he doesn’t know exactly when they’ll be done cuz they don’t know who’s gonna be accepted until after interviews (but also important to remember people who are accepted and don’t go there)
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
They told me today they’re a little over / just getting to halfway through interviews.
There’s next week and the 24th I believe, and its 300 interviews out of 1600 applicants
He did say he doesn’t know exactly when they’ll be done cuz they don’t know who’s gonna be accepted until after interviews (but also important to remember people who are accepted and don’t go there)
Interesting that they’re only halfway done. I doubt there’s gonna be 150 interviews happening on only two interview days left…I’m wondering if they’re gonna end up going into March.
276dvmtrack
Full Member
Interesting that they’re only halfway done. I doubt there’s gonna be 150 interviews happening on only two interview days left…I’m wondering if they’re gonna end up going into March.
I think it might depend on who accepts vs declines their seat.
So I was fortunate enough to get an interview and I've completed it, I was prepared for every question they asked so I'm happy with myself. But as I wait do any of you know how many they accept? I've searched around for this info but couldn't find anything besides the class size being 120-130. I assume they are accepting more than 120-130 since it is really unlikely close to most or all students accept the offer. So how many receive an offer??? I saw someone post this link University of Pennsylvania | Veterinary Medical School Admission Requirements but I think 204 offers given out for a targeted class size of 120-130 seems like it would cause some over seating issues. So I do not know how accurate that number is. Thanks for the help guys, this a great forum.
276dvmtrack
Full Member
Looks like around this week in previous threads a large amount of rejections went out. Wishing everyone good luck and good news!
How long does it take before you hear back from interviews?
prevet2023
New Member
Hi! I am visiting on the 25th. Is there anything you would recommend seeing or doing while there? Also, is there any sort of student parking? What is it like trying to find parking in the city?Congrats on everyone accepted! I'm not a PennVet student, but I grew up in the Philly area and went to Penn for 3 years for post-bacc work, so happy to answer any questions about the area & living situations!
276dvmtrack
Full Member
How long does it take before you hear back from interviews?
A lot of people heard between Monday—Thursday, but they did say up to 2 weeks
I hate the wait lmao I’m anxious no one has been told anything yet
hopingforDVM
New Member
Just got a call at 12:45pm EST that I was admitted!
276dvmtrack
Full Member
Just got a call at 12:45pm EST that I was admitted!
Congrats !! I still haven’t heard im stressin
vetmed2022!!
Full Member
When did you interview??Just got a call at 12:45pm EST that I was admitted!
hopingforDVM
New Member
Friday 12/10!When did you interview??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
276dvmtrack
Full Member
JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE CALL OOS
I still haven't heard I'm so nervous 🙁
I still haven't heard I'm so nervous 🙁
i’m with you! it’s okay everything will happen the way it’s meant to [emoji1694]
Non-garage parking around campus is a total nightmare, plan to park in a garage! I usually parked in the garages at either 38th & Walnut or 34th & Chestnut - very easy to walk over to the vet med buildings/campus from there. You MIGHT be able to find free street parking around 43rd & Spruce, but it's always a bit of a crapshoot TBH. University City in general has easier parking, but not always - highly suggest trying to buy/reserve a permanent spot either near your building or in a garage nearby. Although honestly, I would suggest trying to go without a car your first couple of years in the city, you really don't need one! Very easy public transit system with either buses or SEPTA trains!Hi! I am visiting on the 25th. Is there anything you would recommend seeing or doing while there? Also, is there any sort of student parking? What is it like trying to find parking in the city?
As for things to do, Philadelphia has a TONNNNN of things for every type of person! Exploring Center City is super fun, lots of great restaurants/bars/galleries/parks (my favorites are the Gayborhood and Rittenhouse Square areas). The Museum District has, in my very biased opinion, some of the most fun museums ever - the Franklin Institute and the Academy of Natural Sciences are my favorites - and the Philadelphia Zoo is also really fun (up near Gerard). The historical sites are also awesome if you've never seen them, especially Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, Constitution Center, and the Museum of the American Revolution. Old City also mixes interesting historical sites with GREAT food. Italian Market has amazing Italian food (hence the name) but can be a tad dicey late at night. And of course explore Penn's main campus!
I'm also going to do my traditional plug here - if you end up going to Penn, I would HIGHLY suggest checking out South Jersey for housing options. You're money gets you WAY more there, and while you do need a car to get around, it's a very easy car commute into the city. Lots of green space, fun things to do, options for public transit into the city (although they take a bit longer), and CHEAP CHEAP housing with space for your animals!
ClockworkCat09
Full Member
I believe they send out invites every Thursday for the next couple weeks? So hopefully we'll hear something this Thursday or next 😬Is there another interview cycle going out soon?
vetmed2022!!
Full Member
Does anyone know when/how they send out holds or rejections after you’ve been interviewed?
I'm wondering the same thingDoes anyone know when/how they send out holds or rejections after you’ve been interviewed?
gmaf
Full Member
I interviewed on a Friday and they emailed me a rejection at 8:59 AM that MondayDoes anyone know when/how they send out holds or rejections after you’ve been interviewed?
I am just feeling more defeated. Little rant but I am a second time applicant. I got rejected from 3 schools and interviewed with a few. Ive only been waitlisted so far. Im starting to feel like I'm only good enough to interview - not actually good enough to get in. It sucks because I know we all want this so bad, and I have been so stressed out about this process I can't wait until its over. I really need some good news soon 😕
276dvmtrack
Full Member
I am just feeling more defeated. Little rant but I am a second time applicant. I got rejected from 3 schools and interviewed with a few. Ive only been waitlisted so far. Im starting to feel like I'm only good enough to interview - not actually good enough to get in. It sucks because I know we all want this so bad, and I have been so stressed out about this process I can't wait until its over. I really need some good news soon 😕
I’m really sorry….I wish there was something I could say to help you feel better, but the truth is nothing anyone says will take away that feeling of not being good enough during this process. It REALLY is a ****ty process, it builds a lot of anticipation and anxiety and causes a lot of people stress and defeat, its sad.
It’s easy for a million people to tell you you are enough, you deserve it, don’t take it personal but it doesn’t take away the hurt or nerve—even though I’m about to do all of that.
Really try not to take it as a reflection of you. Admissions are a group of people whose job it is to judge you on paper. None of these people know you or any of us as a full individuals. If there were more schools, more seats this process wouldn’t feel so awful, but fighting against 1000+ people for 100-150 seats is brutal. Especially when some schools are pickier than others, more biased or look at some aspects over others.
🤍Just remember you are a great person, who loves this profession and wants to go further. Your feelings are justified and understandable but don’t write off your abilities, success, talent etc You ARE enough, it just takes that one individual in admissions to see through the paper and see that🤍
And thats to everyone feeling this way 🙂
Thank you so much for these kind words - truly lightened my heart a bit, and I am sure others who feel this way too 🧡I’m really sorry….I wish there was something I could say to help you feel better, but the truth is nothing anyone says will take away that feeling of not being good enough during this process. It REALLY is a ****ty process, it builds a lot of anticipation and anxiety and causes a lot of people stress and defeat, its sad.
It’s easy for a million people to tell you you are enough, you deserve it, don’t take it personal but it doesn’t take away the hurt or nerve—even though I’m about to do all of that.
Really try not to take it as a reflection of you. Admissions are a group of people whose job it is to judge you on paper. None of these people know you or any of us as a full individuals. If there were more schools, more seats this process wouldn’t feel so awful, but fighting against 1000+ people for 100-150 seats is brutal. Especially when some schools are pickier than others, more biased or look at some aspects over others.
🤍Just remember you are a great person, who loves this profession and wants to go further. Your feelings are justified and understandable but don’t write off your abilities, success, talent etc You ARE enough, it just takes that one individual in admissions to see through the paper and see that🤍
And thats to everyone feeling this way 🙂
i needed to hear this too🥹I’m really sorry….I wish there was something I could say to help you feel better, but the truth is nothing anyone says will take away that feeling of not being good enough during this process. It REALLY is a ****ty process, it builds a lot of anticipation and anxiety and causes a lot of people stress and defeat, its sad.
It’s easy for a million people to tell you you are enough, you deserve it, don’t take it personal but it doesn’t take away the hurt or nerve—even though I’m about to do all of that.
Really try not to take it as a reflection of you. Admissions are a group of people whose job it is to judge you on paper. None of these people know you or any of us as a full individuals. If there were more schools, more seats this process wouldn’t feel so awful, but fighting against 1000+ people for 100-150 seats is brutal. Especially when some schools are pickier than others, more biased or look at some aspects over others.
🤍Just remember you are a great person, who loves this profession and wants to go further. Your feelings are justified and understandable but don’t write off your abilities, success, talent etc You ARE enough, it just takes that one individual in admissions to see through the paper and see that🤍
And thats to everyone feeling this way 🙂
DogMom1313
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything this week? Are we hoping for correspondence again Thursday?
OOS acceptance from CA!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMGGGGG OOS ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!!!! IM GONNA CRY!!
DogMom1313
Full Member
Congratulations!! When was your interview?OOS acceptance from CA!
DogMom1313
Full Member
Congratulations!! When was your interview?OMGGGGG OOS ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!!!! IM GONNA CRY!!
Last Friday, 2/10!Congratulations!! When was your interview?
276dvmtrack
Full Member
OMGGGGG OOS ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!!!! IM GONNA CRY!!
IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU YOU DID IT AHH