Persistence of Minecraft WW Sign-Ups

Started by Trilt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Trilt

puppy snuggler extraordinaire
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D6F9xIK.png


There is only one difference between a madman and me...

I am not mad.
​

It was still inky dark outside, but the birds were beginning to make their very first tentative chirps to welcome dawn. It was that point in the night where the frustratingly perky morning folk begin to rouse from their beds, and those who prefer the night start to realize the truly poor decisions they've made in binging eleven episodes of a new series. In any case, our story begins (and maybe eventually ends) at this time.​

This was a scene you could find in any affluent suburb. A young man - the gangly, late-teenage type who perhaps hadn't fully fledged from the home yet - stared intently at one of the dual screens arrayed in front of him, an endlessly restless foot tap-tap-tapping at the floor under the desk. The desktop computer he was playing at hummed quietly, not working too hard, with a couple red LED indicator lights flashing nearly in time with his taps. The room, illuminated only with the light from the computer, was surprisingly tidy. A neatly made twin bed was pushed into a corner, a nightstand held an alarm clock and not much else, and the walls were mostly covered in posters from video games (and the occasional provocatively posed, half dressed woman).

A bit of frantic clicking and mashing on WASD followed, and then the man grumbled as the screen of his computer flashed red and game automatically paused with his death. He ran hands exasperatedly through a purposefully messy mop of dark hair, pressed his palms tautly against his bleary eyes for a moment, and then flicked his wrist to have a watch illuminate with the time.

04:12
, it blinked.

- - - - ---------------------------------------
BsesyVf.gif
--------------------------------------- - - - -
​
Rules will require at least two posts with thoughts/theories/content per cycle.
Currently thinking deadlines of 7AM/9PM EST, but can adjust a bit if requested.
Sign up next to those you wish to talk to.
Can adjust numbers down if necessary, but not up. 🙂

1. @allyphoe
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Before I sign up, will it affect other players negatively by my low knowledge on this theme?
It will very much hurt people if they depend too much on roles/themes in this game in particular. It is a mish-mash held together with a different story. I know I always say people don't need to know the theme, but truly... in this one it will mostly just help you get jokes. 😛
 
It will very much hurt people if they depend too much on roles/themes in this game in particular. It is a mish-mash held together with a different story. I know I always say people don't need to know the theme, but truly... in this one it will mostly just help you get jokes. 😛
A mish-mash you say? 😉
 
1. @allyphoe
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17. @WildZoo
18. @Mad Jack
19. @Crayola227
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
The tags are just to alert people that they've been signed up by someone else, so when they see it they can confirm and untag themselves. So you and I don't need to be tagged 🙂
 
It will very much hurt people if they depend too much on roles/themes in this game in particular. It is a mish-mash held together with a different story. I know I always say people don't need to know the theme, but truly... in this one it will mostly just help you get jokes. 😛

I'll trust you this time that I don't need to know the theme Trilt. Mostly because I have WW withdrawal.


New
1. @allyphoe
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11. finnickthedog
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17. WildZoo
18. @Mad Jack
19. Crayola
20.
21.
22.
23. Promethean
24. Devastating
 
1. @allyphoe
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16. Kam
17. WildZoo
18. @Mad Jack
19. Crayola
20.
21.
22.
23. Promethean
24. Devastating
 
Hey, my paper's almost turned in. I'll try this.
1. @allyphoe
2. Zensing
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8. BBC
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16. Kam
17. WildZoo
18. @Mad Jack
19. Crayola
20.
21.
22.
23. Promethean
24. Devastating
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It will very much hurt people if they depend too much on roles/themes in this game in particular. It is a mish-mash held together with a different story. I know I always say people don't need to know the theme, but truly... in this one it will mostly just help you get jokes. 😛

So, basically, I'll understand everything but the jokes if I sign up?
 
1. @allyphoe
2. Zensing
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8. BBC
9.
10.
11. Guis
12.
13.
14.
15.
16. Kam
17. WildZoo
18. @Mad Jack
19. Crayola
20.
21.
22.
23. Promethean
24. Devastating
 
@Mad Jack
@Mad Jack
@Mad Jack

😛

So, basically, I'll understand everything but the jokes if I sign up?
I don't want to promise that. The game is still themed. There's a story, and the story includes characters/paintings/etc that many people won't know if they don't spend a moment or two wiki-ing. Take that as you will.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. @allyphoe
2. Zensing
3. dyachei
4. The LIS
5. STL
6.
7.
8. BBC
9.
10.
11. Guis
12. MQ
13.
14.
15. genny
16. Kam
17. WildZoo
18. Mad Jack
19. Crayola
20. Hmoo
21.
22. finnickthedog
23. Promethean
24. Devastating
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. @allyphoe
2. Zensing
3. dyachei
4. The LIS
5. STL
6. Jilary
7. Hayley
8. BBC
9.
10.
11. Guis
12. MQ
13.
14. nyanko
15. genny
16. Kam
17. WildZoo
18. Mad Jack
19. Crayola
20. Hmoo
21.
22. finnickthedog
23. Promethean
24. Devastating
 
1. @allyphoe
2. Zensing
3. dyachei
4. The LIS
5. STL
6. Jilary
7. Hayley
8. BBC
9. kcoughli
10.
11. Guis
12. MQ
13.
14. nyanko
15. genny
16. Kam
17. WildZoo
18. Mad Jack
19. Crayola
20. Hmoo
21.
22. finnickthedog
23. Promethean
24. Devastat


Well since you guys left my favorite number open 😛