PGY-2 Infectious Disease Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm_nash

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I wondering for those interested in ID what programs have sent out invitations, if anyone can share please. I am still waiting to hear from many programs and their deadlines were 1st week of January and so I am a little worried.

Members don't see this ad.

Check out the google sheet posted on other threads. Sorry, I don't have the link right this second!!

Hello everyone, I wondering for those interested in ID what programs have sent out invitations, if anyone can share please. I am still waiting to hear from many programs and their deadlines were 1st week of January and so I am a little worried.
Hi Rejection from JHH, OSU, interview from Temple U so far. Still waiting on a large number of programs. I am starting to truly get concerned.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, interview from Houston Methodist, MD Anderson, Houston VA, North TX VA, rejection from University in SA, still waiting on a few more programs.

Hi, interview from Houston Methodist, MD Anderson, Houston VA, North TX VA, rejection from University in SA, still waiting on a few more programs.
Oh when did you hear from North TX VA? Still waiting on them.
Rejection from South Texas VA, UHS, Micheal Deab in Houston.

Anyone apply to Parkland?

Anyone heard from Novant (Presb) or University of Virginia.

Oh when did you hear from North TX VA? Still waiting on them.
Rejection from South Texas VA, UHS, Micheal Deab in Houston.

Anyone apply to Parkland?

North TX VA got back to me 1/11, Also applied to Parkland and haven't heard back either

How about you?

Ended up not applying in the first round because of personal reasons. Having serious second thoughts. Definitely entering in the second round. Willing to relocate . Of course will rather a major city. But will have to see.

Why was your interview interesting if you dont mind me asking.

Ended up not applying in the first round because of personal reasons. Having serious second thoughts. Definitely entering in the second round. Willing to relocate . Of course will rather a major city. But will have to see.

Why was your interview interesting if you dont mind me asking.
No nothing serious, it was just very informal and they made feel so comfortable so I was surprised...lol

No nothing serious, it was just very informal and they made feel so comfortable so I was surprised...lol

I have heard that same running theme from others. I have heard from 3 separate people pursuing ID saying that the programs were very informational and more like 'selling' it as opposed to asking them questions about themselves. Very different than PGY1's lol.