PharmCAS Questions

Started by foraminal
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Okay, thanks for the heads up. I posted a similar question in another thread and some individual on the thread got really "angry" because I asked about when the scores would be posted...Geez, I'm glad some people in these forums like to post constructive information! Yay!
🙂

Mine showed up yesterday. It now lists the date (7/27) underneath "Test Scores" on the right menu.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, thanks for the heads up. I posted a similar question in another thread and some individual on the thread got really "angry" because I asked about when the scores would be posted...Geez, I'm glad some people in these forums like to post constructive information! Yay!
🙂

I think the reason for most anger is that most questions could be answered by using the search function or calling Pharmcas. Also, usually the question has already been asked 2 billion times.
 
What the e-mail is telling you is that there will be a background check performed on you. If you wish to get a copy or a copy before the schools get it then you can purchase it from the company.
 
Do I get the PCAT ID from the Registration Confirmation? On the top right corner of the Registration Confirmation, there's a Candidate ID....is that the PCAT ID? That's the only email I've received so far (and my test is in August 09). I won't receive the Admission Ticket until it gets closer to the test date.
 
What the e-mail is telling you is that there will be a background check performed on you. If you wish to get a copy or a copy before the schools get it then you can purchase it from the company.
thanks for answering my questions guys.
Do you know how much does it cost if I purchase it.
 
does anyone know what the personal statement on PharmCAS is all about? I won't be completing PharmCAS until early September but would like to get started....Oh and I start volunteering at the hospital this weekend. I feel so behind on everything. I am also trying to get my LORs together:banana:
 
Do I get the PCAT ID from the Registration Confirmation? On the top right corner of the Registration Confirmation, there's a Candidate ID....is that the PCAT ID? That's the only email I've received so far (and my test is in August 09). I won't receive the Admission Ticket until it gets closer to the test date.


Aug 9? Do states have the PCAT on different days? Im in Cali and taking it AUg 22.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know what the personal statement on PharmCAS is all about? I won't be completing PharmCAS until early September but would like to get started....Oh and I start volunteering at the hospital this weekend. I feel so behind on everything. I am also trying to get my LORs together:banana:

Check out Admissions' truth about pharmacy school blog and you'll find an answer to every question you could ever imagine about writing your personal statement. He or she used to post here but doesn't anymore. I am sure you can find the blog by googling it. I won't post it here in case "they" are watching.
 
Check out Admissions' truth about pharmacy school blog and you'll find an answer to every question you could ever imagine about writing your personal statement. He or she used to post here but doesn't anymore. I am sure you can find the blog by googling it. I won't post it here in case "they" are watching.

In case "they" are watching? Thanks all mighty pre-pharmer. Haha tool.
 
I've got my tin foil hat on, OH YEA!

An angry face to a 3.79? I wonder what he thinks of my 3.73 =-/ Probably hang himself over it...

What people often miss on this forum, is that a 3.7 from the UC system is an A- average. That's a badass average;thus, any person complaining about an A- average is clearly on the lookout for attention. You know those overachievers, "I'm gunna post this hoping people will provide me with feedback about how f****** awesome I am."

Kinda like those annoying a** girls we all know..."Oh man, I look so fat in this...please tell me I look skinny, tell me my glutes look good, tell me my ass looks tapable, please, please, please."

Don't you dare complain 4sci.
 
delano2000: why do you have an angry face next to a 3.79?



Ok what happened was that I started Spring '09 with an overall GPA of 3.92 and math+science GPA was 3.96...i went through a hard semester health wise and also due relationship issues that caused me to miss a lot of days (health wise) and it was hard to make up all the work especially since it was close to the end of the year

bottom line, I wanna at least maintain a 3.8 and above in all areas and my overall GPA is shy of the 3.8 so i need to increase it...I guess you could say I am a bit of a perfectionist.😛
 
Oh no no no...don't get the wrong idea I am not one of those kinda people. Its just where my GPA was before this past semester and where it is now is a huge drop. I am happy that my GPA is still that high...looking for attention is the last thing on my mind in a forum environment. In fact I have been checking out this forum for a while but decided to join a few days ago when I noticed I was really behind considering this was my last year of pre-pharm. I usually not make my self known in forums FYI. hopefully that clears up some of the misconception about me. u guys have been really helpful in letting me know what steps to take now.
 
In the PharmCAS "Position Title/Brief Description" section for both extracurricular activities and work experiences, would it be better to make a bullet point list for the brief description or should you stick to using sentences?
 
When you did PharmCAS, you were supposed to list any past or future PCAT dates. Your most recent PCAT score, and any you've taken in the last 5 years (pretty sure it's 5... might be 3? Almost definitely 5) will be sent along too, assuming you've elected to have any of your PCAT scores sent to institution/PharmCAS.

oh ok i see it says "date received" so it looks like they're all there. thanks! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I finally got my summer course transcript in, but I am still waiting a reference letter. I have two now. Can I e-submit PharmCAS first and get my 3rd reference letter later ,maybe in 1 or 2 weeks? Since it will take PharmCAS a few weeks to calculate GPA, I guess my reference should be ready before they send my PharmCAS to the schools?
 
hey guys/girls. I'm really busy but i did a quick search but a million things came up. I was wondering if you e-submit on pharmcas if you can go back in and add a new reference? I'm just wondering this because one of my references may not submit for a while and I may have to come up with some one else to write me one. So can I go ahead and e-submit and then go in and add another, new reference?

Thanks again for the quick response I'm actually working now so sorry for any typos or if this question has been answered recently.

thanks!
 
hey guys/girls. I'm really busy but i did a quick search but a million things came up. I was wondering if you e-submit on pharmcas if you can go back in and add a new reference? I'm just wondering this because one of my references may not submit for a while and I may have to come up with some one else to write me one. So can I go ahead and e-submit and then go in and add another, new reference?

Thanks again for the quick response I'm actually working now so sorry for any typos or if this question has been answered recently.

thanks!

To answer your question:
A: Once you initially submit your application to PharmCAS, you may only change information in the following sections:

Your Account Profile (i.e. your Username, Password, Full Legal Name, SSN, etc.)
Biographic Information (i.e. Alternate/Prior Name, Permanent Mailing Address, Current Mailing Address, etc.)
Evaluator contact information (if the reference was not yet received).

Thus, you can only change the evaluator information of the initial evaluator you entered. You cannot add a new evaluator after you have already e-submitted.
 
I was told that you can e-submit it if the test scores and reference letters are not in yet, and the schools will still be able to see them once they do come in.
 
Actually, you can add a new evaluator. I was in the same situation in which one prof was writing me a letter of rec, but he was unresponsive and I wanted to get everything in ASAP. I called PharmCAS and they told me that I could delete him if he hasn't submitted and add a new one. If you go to the section you should still be able to add a new reference. I did after I already e-submitted, and everything worked out.
 
Actually, you can add a new evaluator. I was in the same situation in which one prof was writing me a letter of rec, but he was unresponsive and I wanted to get everything in ASAP. I called PharmCAS and they told me that I could delete him if he hasn't submitted and add a new one. If you go to the section you should still be able to add a new reference. I did after I already e-submitted, and everything worked out.


thanks a lot for the info! I thought that I could but I just wanted to make sure. My prof. is killing me it's been almost 2 months now! I may just ask another one of my teachers! thanks again
 
I just used short sentences that were straight to the point. I think it's better than bullet points.
 
ok so I plan on applying to Pharmacy school for Fall 2010 but I'm realllly confused on how PharmCAS works. I have just completed my freshman year and will finish taking summer classes very soon. Do I already start with the PharmCAS application process?(getting the transcripts sent n so on)
I also noticed that the site requires you to put in something called PCAT CID when you start, so that it can find your scores or something. I plan on writing the PCAT on Aug22....so do I have to wait until I get the admisssion ticket to find this ID. I also know that the LOR's have to be sent to pharmCAS, but at what point after adding all this is the application supposed to be sent??? I don't want to miss any deadline🙂

I'm so confused with this??!!🙁
 
1) You can, and should, start your application now even though your summer classes aren't completed yet. Transcripts will show courses in progress. If the pharmacy school is interested in you, then they can request for updated transcripts later on.

2) You get your PCAT CID when you register for the exam, so you don't have to wait for your admission ticket.

3) As soon as lor requests have been sent from PharmCAS to your evaluators, and given that the rest of your application is complete, then you can esubmit.

4) Check the websites of the schools of your choice for deadlines.
 
You may also want to send your professor a follow-up email. I had trouble with lor requests not being sent to my professors. I had to resend my request five times before he and she received one request.
 
Yeah, a follow up email is good. It would be best to try to find him in his office though, and remind him. Maybe he just forgot and will still write it. I had to bug a prof a few times and finally I resent the pharmcas email the same time I sent ANOTHER follow up email and he finished the letter that day, lol.
 
Once one's transcript is updated via the academic update, will the Pharm schools revisit your application and see how one has progressed and take the updated grades into account when deciding admission? (for example, 3.4 to 3.6--updated gpa) Or is it too late for deciding admission?😕
 
I applied to Loma Linda U, which will only send its secondary application invitation once they receive the PharmCAS, and I just finished that secondary application. So I assume that means that they received my PharmCAS... and I also assume that the other schools i applied to received it.
 
Last year, my PharmCAS was verified on 9/10. I received confirmation e-mails on 9/15 (2), 9/17, and 10/15 (4 out of 4 PharmCAS-using schools) saying that they had my completed PharmCAS. These included further instructions for supplemental, etc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the PharmCAS "Position Title/Brief Description" section for both extracurricular activities and work experiences, would it be better to make a bullet point list for the brief description or should you stick to using sentences?

Whenever I encounter situations like these I prefer to use bullet format. If I were to write sentences it would have to be very short and brief sentences that gets the point across very quickly.
 
When do the schools typically hear from Pharmcas? Right now all of my transcripts have been sent to Pharmcas and the only thing that I really need to do is e-submit after I enter in my work history and EC's. Do they hear from Pharmcas right after you e-submit?
 
My application was mailed on 7/27, but I haven't received confirmation from schools or PharmCAS. I also didn't get an email from PharmCAS stating that they verified my app, yet they mailed it out, so it must mean that it's verified.


When do the schools typically hear from Pharmcas? Right now all of my transcripts have been sent to Pharmcas and the only thing that I really need to do is e-submit after I enter in my work history and EC's. Do they hear from Pharmcas right after you e-submit?

It usually takes PharmCAS five weeks after you esubmit to verify your application before mailing it out to schools.
 
Is anyone else still missing PCAT scores on PharmCAS after submitting several weeks ago? I had my scores sent in late June and there's still nothing. I'm thinking about calling PharmCAS unless a lot of people are still missing theirs as well.

Thanks!
 
When do the schools typically hear from Pharmcas? Right now all of my transcripts have been sent to Pharmcas and the only thing that I really need to do is e-submit after I enter in my work history and EC's. Do they hear from Pharmcas right after you e-submit?

When you apply matters a lot. People that applied earlier (June and July) generally get applications verified quickly. As you get later in the cycle (Aug-Feb) it takes longer to get verified. No matter what, it takes them FOREVER to actual mail the thing. For as much as PharmCAS costs, they should overnight those things!! 😉