Physician Contract Attorney Useful?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vergie

shun the nonbeliever
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I am a new grad in fellowship and interviewed with a smaller group and we all hit it off really well. They have shown me a contract and want me to look over it and see what I think. they are still negotiating with the hospital about perks so nothing is signed yet. They haven't hired anyone in 10+ years and they admitted that this isn't something they are used too. Obviously, same deal for me. Is is worth it to pay a physician contract attorney to look over things? Anyone have experience they want to share? Any contract signing advice is welcome.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It's probably worth it. I didn't learn anything new during the 35 minutes the lawyer went through the contract, but the $350 was spent for peace of mind (and confirmation that the group could screw me over in 10,000 ways, had they wanted to). Try to find somebody local, preferably one who has done contracts for other anesthesiologists.

Reactions: 1 user
Local to where? Do you want a lawyer local to where you currently live or where to the hospital/asc is?

Local to where the hospital/asc. Labors laws (esp regarding physician non competes) can vary wildly from state to state

Reactions: 4 users