Physician IQ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well...if i remeber corectly what Northener did was against the rules of SDN...he singled out doctormom by his comment (she was not the only person to state her IQ so it could have been picked up as a personal attack on her). He started this whole trouble. This is just a discution forum. How in the name of a God will we be able to discus patients under stressfull conditions if we argue about a stupid IQ!:rolleyes:
I understand doctormom's posts...she felt singled out so she responded. By any means i have not seen anything offenssive in her posts, and it is rediculous that some ppl from outside come here to post once and stirr out some trouble.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is painfully obvious who on here really feels the need to personally attack others.

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh:

Mrs. Modesty, that's me! When it comes to humility, I'm the greatest!

here we go...:rolleyes:
ppl coming from pre-allo, posting without even reading two words above and personally attacking valuable members...:eek:
why after 3 year it doesn't even surprise me :smuggrin:
i hope you are happy now...if you need another person to vent on...here i will volunteer :D
*runs to get popcorn*

Hmmm....I don't know what has to happen to get a thread closed, but I think this one definitely needs to be. I want my happy, pre-osteo, love-fest family back!!!:(

:love: :love: Cookies anyone?:D

ppl coming from pre-allo, posting without even reading two words above...:eek:
i hope you are happy now...if you need another person to vent on...here i will volunteer :D
*runs to get popcorn*

LOL! I think we should go for that walk now.:laugh:

Northerner quoted someone but singled no one out. It may have been, for all anyone knows, just an example of the previous discourse.

Northerner quoted someone but singled no one out. It may have been, for all anyone knows, just an example of the previous discourse.

man...you just can't let it go...can you?:rolleyes:

some ppl here would greatly benefit from the gym too.
punching some bags and getting those endorphins going is much better for anger then venting on doctormom for saying that her iq is 130 but she doesn't care...:laugh:
man...didn't is sound like the really stupid reason?:D
peace out all:luck:

ppl coming from pre-allo, posting without even reading two words above and personally attacking valuable members...:eek:

I read all the posts. I'm not from pre-allo. You're 0 for 2.

why after 3 year it doesn't even surprise me :smuggrin:

Slow learner?

*runs to get popcorn*

Nobody is venting but you.

You guys are positively adorable.

Members don't see this ad :)
some ppl here would greatly benefit from the gym too.
punching some bags and getting those endorphins going is much better for anger then venting on doctormom for saying that her iq is 130 but she doesn't care...:laugh:
man...didn't is sound like the really stupid reason?:D
peace out all:luck:

LOL! I could use the gym myself. Need to get ready for OMM lab. You on the otherhand, WOW! No need to worry about that. I LOVE your new pic on MySpace.;) :D :love:

Ok, ok........was hoping to not have to do this, but I feel the need to put in a bit of perspective hear. I am a father of two great kids. My wife, in my own opinion, is a great mom. I know, first hand, just how difficult it is to be a mom; dealing with what moms have to deal with is insurmountable for the rest of us...........end of story!

First of all, to Exlawgirl, you are a troll. To post only to call someone cocky and to accuse them and over-generalize, wayyyyy much, is ******ed. You may be a mom, and if you are, THAT is the only reason why you posted in the first place. NOTHING that Docmom said was offensive. That dude/dudette, Northerner's comment was very sarcastic and unfashionable. Because you dont frequent SDN, like Docmom does, you may have missed the fact that many students (outsiders if you call them such) will make posts just to jumble things up a bit...........this is probably what happened.

Next, T-funk..........I am sorry about your son. I worked with two autistic children for 3 years before getting married, and I always remember praying that we wouldnt have to endure what these boy's parents had to endure. It says alot of a person. You brought up the fact, however, that your son had autism without any reason. Personally, I think you decided to talk about it, because you feel a bit inferior to Docmom, and that is nobody's fault but yours. To go on degenerating somebody, attacking them like you are, especially when you dont know them, is F'n ridiculous and pathetic. I cant make myself any more clear when I say this: the ONLY reason why you are getting pissed at Docmom, is because everyone on this thread adores her and looks up to her because of what she is accomplishing. You reading all these posts about how others are astounded by what she is able to accomlish makes you mad, and I can imagine that it begins to annoy you.....thinking to yourself, "how dare them think she is a better mom than me.....I go through more than she does, etc, etc, etc, etc". This is commom among alot of women.......ask around. Being on the other end of this, as a father of two, it would seem to me that having 4 kids would be 2 times more difficult than raising just 2 kids.......just makes sense to me.

Bottom line: just because alot of people think Docmom is delightful, dont get all bent out of shape. I advise you to frequent SDN more often; that way, you surely would have know that her initial, "so called" offensive comments were really NOT offensive at all.

I think its great that you are pursuing a career in medicine aswell. I wish you good luck. :thumbup:

You guys are positively adorable.

LMAO!!! :laugh: Oh, now you come back here. Look at what you started. :smuggrin: :D Oh well, I think you are probably laughing about the whole thing. I know I am. It is so silly around here sometime. :) :luck:

Ok, ok........was hoping to not have to do this, but I feel the need to put in a bit of perspective hear. I am a father of two great kids. My wife, in my own opinion, is a great mom. I know, first hand, just how difficult it is to be a mom; dealing with what moms have to deal with is insurmountable for the rest of us...........end of story!

First of all, to Exlawgirl, you are a troll. To post only to call someone cocky and to accuse them and over-generalize, wayyyyy much, is ******ed. You may be a mom, and if you are, THAT is the only reason why you posted in the first place. NOTHING that Docmom said was offensive. That dude/dudette, Northerner's comment was very sarcastic and unfashionable. Because you dont frequent SDN, like Docmom does, you may have missed the fact that many students (outsiders if you call them such) will make posts just to jumble things up a bit...........this is probably what happened.

Next, T-funk..........I am sorry about your son. I worked with two autistic children for 3 years before getting married, and I always remember praying that we wouldnt have to endure what these boy's parents had to endure. It says alot of a person. You brought up the fact, however, that your son had autism without any reason. Personally, I think you decided to talk about it, because you feel a bit inferior to Docmom, and that is nobody's fault but yours. To go on degenerating somebody, attacking them like you are, especially when you dont know them, is F'n ridiculous and pathetic. I cant make myself any more clear when I say this: the ONLY reason why you are getting pissed at Docmom, is because everyone on this thread adores her and looks up to her because of what she is accomplishing. You reading all these posts about how others are astounded by what she is able to accomlish makes you mad, and I can imagine that it begins to annoy you.....thinking to yourself, "how dare them think she is a better mom than me.....I go through more than she does, etc, etc, etc, etc". This is commom among alot of women.......ask around. Being on the other end of this, as a father of two, it would seem to me that having 4 kids would be 2 times more difficult than raising just 2 kids.......just makes sense to me.

Bottom line: just because alot of people think Docmom is delightful, dont get all bent out of shape. I advise you to frequent SDN more often; that way, you surely would have know that her initial, "so called" offensive comments were really NOT offensive at all.

I think its great that you are pursuing a career in medicine aswell. I wish you good luck. :thumbup:

WOW!!!!!!! :love: :love: I am going to cry!!!! :D Thank you for this post. It really means a lot to me.:) I am so glad you are going to be in my class! :D :love:

Dude, you need to learn how to read. :rolleyes: Oh wait, I'll pull a docmom. I'm sorry you're such an angry person. :D :D

I read all the posts. I'm not from pre-allo. You're 0 for 2.

Slow learner?

Nobody is venting but you.

nah nah nah naaa nah
"you are venting"
"no, you are venting"

:laugh:

geeezz...how childlish

Dude, you need to learn how to read. :rolleyes: Oh wait, I'll pull a docmom. I'm sorry you're such an angry person. :D :D

yeah...n ow is the time to tell AF he is "stupid":eek: ...oh and don't forget to attack me too...just attack everybody...we don't mind if it will make you feel better:D (<----not a sarcastic smiley)

yeah...n ow is the time to tell AF he is "stupid":eek: ...oh and don't forget to attack me too...just attack everybody...we don't mind if it will make you feel better:D (<----not a sarcastic smiley)

Nah, I just said he can't read well. I'm actually not an attack fest. I just felt the need to stand up for t-funk because I don't think she deserved the response she got from our supposedly saintly doctormom. She also didn't deserve the inarticulate and poorly reasoned response from AF.

LMFAO!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This is getting really hilarious in here. I think I am going to get popcorn now. I think I am going to add that to my signature. :D ;)

In all seriousness though, this thread needs to be closed before someone loses an eye or something.:smuggrin: :laugh:

. . . It sometimes appears to me that the same people control the threads in pre-osteo and if you are an outsider, you're opinion is considered invalid. On the other hand, certain people's opinions are valid without question and all of the 'regulars' will jump in and defend ready to break skin if someone questions their authority.

Actually, this forum is an ongoing anthropology study; complete the willingness to label descenters as "trolls'.

Well, I can read decently........I aint no scholar though. Thing is this, you dont frequent the pre-do threads at all, so the only reason why you posted was to single someone out because of other misconstrued comments.......you jumped on the bandwagon, kinda like a follower. Hey, I am no angry person at all. There was no "bitch slapping" tone to my post at all. Somebody just needed to set some perspective in this thread, and if it takes calling someone on their BS, then I am ok with doing that. Remember exlawgirl, this is all my own opinion.......take it as you may. Just so you know, I am right though. You may not be a "TROLL" troll, but you were plainly kicking Docmom because others were. To me, that is like watching a gang fight: you have all these gang members beating on this ONE individual.......you will see, every so often, one of the weakling gang members kicking the person while they are on the ground, and then run off frantic like because on their own, they are weak and pathetic....they need lots of people around them in order to prove their point.

Good luck.

Well, I can read decently........I aint no scholar though. Thing is this, you dont frequent the pre-do threads at all, so the only reason why you posted was to single someone out because of other misconstrued comments.......you jumped on the bandwagon, kinda like a follower. Hey, I am no angry person at all. There was no "bitch slapping" tone to my post at all. Somebody just needed to set some perspective in this thread, and if it takes calling someone on their BS, then I am ok with doing that. Remember exlawgirl, this is all my own opinion.......take it as you may. Just so you know, I am right though. You may not be a "TROLL" troll, but you were plainly kicking Docmom because others were. To me, that is like watching a gang fight: you have all these gang members beating on this ONE individual.......you will see, every so often, one of the weakling gang members kicking the person while they are on the ground, and then run off frantic like because on their own, they are weak and pathetic....they need lots of people around them in order to prove their point.

Good luck.

First, I'm not a mom, so my questions about your reading ability were related to that. Second, I actually jumped in to defend t-funk from some rather rude snipes from doctormom, not just to attack doctormom. From my perspective, everyone in the "gang fight" was ganging up on her, not their beloved pal docmom. Third, I've posted on pre-do a lot. Just because I don't post in your DCOM lost fest doesn't mean I'm not around. So, no, I'm not a troll here. Fourth, why the insincere wish for good luck? Do I need luck for any reason? I think that's about as obnoxious as following an insult with a big smiley.

Good luck.

Austin, just let it go. I appreciate your defense and your honesty, but it is not worth it. Just ignore them. That is what I am doing now. We both know the truth about all of this and there is no point in stooping to their level. We should just move on and be the better people and let this nonsense die out. :)

wow, didn't expect some of these names to be in this little bitter-fest. C'mon guys, I have a 299 IQ and this thread is sillier than the MCAT vs GPA or MD vs DO threads.

IQ tests don't measure intelligence per se, but what they do measure certainly correlates highly with intelligence. And, about IQ not being able to predict success- are you kidding? Tons of data to the contrary are presented in "The Bell Curve" by Herrnstein and Murray. I recommend it.

I agree. It is a well known fact in psychology that IQ isn't a good predictor of sucess. I heard over and over again in my psych classes that IQ tests don't measure intelligence or education, they measure IQ, and that is does not necessarily mean anything useful.

Actually, exlawgirl is more than familiar with the pre-do/do forums, so let's not be so quick to judge. She was here long before Docmom, but of course all of this is completely irrelevant. 2 or 3 people instantly chimed in and stuck up for Docmom (even though I would have to agree that her first comment to northerner and t-funk did come off pretty condescending), so doesn't exlawgirl have the same right to come in and support t-funk?

What's funny is that the majority of the people in this thread are very reasonable and level-headed individuals, but somehow a pissing match has erupted. My suggestion is that we hug it out, bitches.

Actually, exlawgirl is more than familiar with the pre-do/do forums, so let's not be so quick to judge. She was here long before Docmom, but of course all of this is completely irrelevant. 2 or 3 people instantly chimed in and stuck up for Docmom (even though I would have to agree that her first comment to northerner and t-funk did come off pretty condescending), so doesn't exlawgirl have the same right to come in and support t-funk?

What's funny is that the majority of the people in this thread are very reasonable and level-headed individuals, but somehow a pissing match has erupted. My suggestion is that we hug it out, bitches.

What actually started this whole thing was this comment directed at me made by T-funk:
I only threw out the personal stuff because it seemed like this tread had degenerated into an "IQ means nothing but I have a high IQ so that means I, and only I, have the credibility to say that IQ means nothing," thread. Kind of hypocritical, eh? Oh yeah, and then tell anyone who disagrees with you that they have low intelligence. Might be a good idea for the 'osteo-god' to go back to threads where their true colors won't shine through.
How is that not condenscending?:rolleyes: All the comments I made after that were in my defense. My comment to Northerner, as I have previously stated, was made in jest and T-funk went ballistic over it, although I am still not really sure why. Northerner's comment was made in an attempt to start a war, which you would realize if you read through this entire thread and read some of his prior posts. Well, he succeeded in what he was trying to do. He exposed the bitterness, jealousness, and hatefullness that some people have in their hearts and I am sorry to have played in role in fueling that fire. People stood up for me because it was obvious that this was the case. Not only will I no longer respond to any further posts from T-funk or Exlawgirl, but I refuse to post any other ones in this thread. I will not be a part of this ludicrous mess anymore. I will just go back to posting on my other threads where my comments are more welcome. I am all for "hugging it out". Have a good night!

What actually started this whole thing was this comment directed at me made by T-funk:
I only threw out the personal stuff because it seemed like this tread had degenerated into an "IQ means nothing but I have a high IQ so that means I, and only I, have the credibility to say that IQ means nothing," thread. Kind of hypocritical, eh? Oh yeah, and then tell anyone who disagrees with you that they have low intelligence. Might be a good idea for the 'osteo-god' to go back to threads where their true colors won't shine through.
How is that not condenscending?:rolleyes: All the comments I made after that were in my defense. My comment to Northerner, as I have previously stated, was made in jest and T-funk went ballistic over it, although I am still not really sure why. Northerner's comment was made in an attempt to start a war, which you would realize if you read through this entire thread and read some of his prior posts. Well, he succeeded in what he was trying to do. He exposed the bitterness, jealousness, and hatefullness that some people have in their hearts and I am sorry to have played in role in fueling that fire. People stood up for me because it was obvious that this was the case. Not only will I no longer respond to any further posts from T-funk or Exlawgirl, but I refuse to post any other ones in this thread. I will not be a part of this ludicrous mess anymore. I will just go back to posting on my other threads where my comments are more welcome. I am all for "hugging it out". Have a good night!

For the record, I've read through the entire thread. We all just need to relax. I've condescended and made sarcastic remarks to others occasionally as well, so it's really no big deal.

No one was trolling or or being flat out malicious in this thread, so honestly, no big deal.

For the record, I've read through the entire thread. We all just need to relax. I've condescended and made sarcastic remarks to others occasionally as well, so it's really no big deal.

No one was trolling or or being flat out malicious in this thread, so honestly, no big deal.

relax? what happened to plan A? Hug it out!

IQ tests don't measure intelligence per se, but what they do measure certainly correlates highly with intelligence. And, about IQ not being able to predict success- are you kidding? Tons of data to the contrary are presented in "The Bell Curve" by Herrnstein and Murray. I recommend it.

Nope, not kidding, and neither were all of the professors of psychology that told me that in the psychology classes that I took to get my degree in psychology. Is "The Bell Curve" a peer reviewed publication? Just wondered. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
I can't -- stupid ice storm. :( If only I had the makings for a white russian.

Sweet, someone got my reference. And thanks for putting me in the mood for my favorite drink:p . No ice storm...I'm just too damn lazy to go out and buy the ingredients.

Northerner's comment was made in an attempt to start a war, which you would realize if you read through this entire thread and read some of his prior posts. Well, he succeeded in what he was trying to do. He exposed the bitterness, jealousness, and hatefullness that some people have in their hearts and I am sorry to have played in role in fueling that fire. People stood up for me because it was obvious that this was the case. Not only will I no longer respond to any further posts from T-funk or Exlawgirl, but I refuse to post any other ones in this thread. I will not be a part of this ludicrous mess anymore. I will just go back to posting on my other threads where my comments are more welcome. I am all for "hugging it out". Have a good night!

Unfortunately for your ego, my post was in no way an attempt to "start a war", or to throw light on anyone's "bitterness, jealousness, and hatefullness (sic)" except yours. While it's amusing how defensive you are and how many people rush to your "aid" when you're challenged (while anyone disagreeing with you was "fueling the fire"), maybe it would have been more appropriate to address or dispel my contention, rather than flailing about in shock and desperation.

But, fortunately I don't have high expectations of people on SDN.

Unfortunately for your ego, my post was in no way an attempt to "start a war", or to throw light on anyone's "bitterness, jealousness, and hatefullness (sic)" except yours. While it's amusing how defensive you are and how many people rush to your "aid" when you're challenged (while anyone disagreeing with you was "fueling the fire"), maybe it would have been more appropriate to address or dispel my contention, rather than flailing about in shock and desperation.

But, fortunately I don't have high expectations of people on SDN.

and u just had to come back here and start to beat a dead horse:rolleyes:

Northerner said:
Ideally, dead horses don't fight back.

Nah, but we might get lucky and you'll check a zoonotic illness. :smuggrin:

05-yarbles-littleboy.jpg

offtopic, but dropkick murphy is coming to my college next month. Should I check them out?
Oh yeah....definitely.....the only decent night I ever had in Boston was at one of their concerts. :thumbup:

Nah, I don't think IQ really describes someone including us docs. I have a great friend over at Touro - Mare Island who has a crazy high IQ and her grades in undergrad at UMich were terrible not to mention she is a complete goofball! Her fiance on the other hand who is in the business school at Georgetown is a pretty smart guy in a great school who seems like he would have an IQ in the high range, but is pretty average. He is definitely more of a persistent type and I would say that is what defines people more so than IQ. No disrespect to my friend who has definitely excelled in her program during her first year, but I think it is entirely due to persistence! I think that is what defines a good physician rather than IQ! Also, I really think that is what med school is all about as well. It is a lesson in persistence rather than smarts. Just my opinion, though.

Nah, I don't think IQ really describes someone including us docs. I have a great friend over at Touro - Mare Island who has a crazy high IQ and her grades in undergrad at UMich were terrible not to mention she is a complete goofball! Her fiance on the other hand who is in the business school at Georgetown is a pretty smart guy in a great school who seems like he would have an IQ in the high range, but is pretty average. He is definitely more of a persistent type and I would say that is what defines people more so than IQ. No disrespect to my friend who has definitely excelled in her program during her first year, but I think it is entirely due to persistence! I think that is what defines a good physician rather than IQ! Also, I really think that is what med school is all about as well. It is a lesson in persistence rather than smarts. Just my opinion, though.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.