Physician IQ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if the statistics is right about average IQ of physicians being around 130

Personally don't know and really don't need to know. As several posters mentioned it's not a very useful measurement.

Wook

Members don't see this ad.

Its interesting the number of people who think high school grades have something to do with IQs. Our Valedictorian who got straight A's and was sure that she was the smartest person on the planet tested at 120 and it really pissed her off causing her to continuously bad mouth the tests and the half of our class that tested higher than her for the next 2 years. She flunked out of CA Berkeley and overdosed in Junior college killing herself a couple years later. That more reflects her IQ. Having been to many doctors who practiced cookie cutter medicine and crippled me with FDA approved poisons for 3 months in the past year, to tell me that it was too bad that I couldn't take these "good" medicines, I can say from experience that MD IQs are fairly low around the range of our Valedictorians who had plans to be a doctor. IQs reflect your ability to intelligently rationalize and think logically and have nothing to do with grades which are often determined politically by *****s. Going to monkey school, and learning a few tricks doesnt create good doctors. High IQs create good doctors.

Its interesting the number of people who think high school grades have something to do with IQs. Our Valedictorian who got straight A's and was sure that she was the smartest person on the planet tested at 120 and it really pissed her off causing her to continuously bad mouth the tests and the half of our class that tested higher than her for the next 2 years. She flunked out of CA Berkeley and overdosed in Junior college killing herself a couple years later. That more reflects her IQ. Having been to many doctors who practiced cookie cutter medicine and crippled me with FDA approved poisons for 3 months in the past year, to tell me that it was too bad that I couldn't take these "good" medicines, I can say from experience that MD IQs are fairly low around the range of our Valedictorians who had plans to be a doctor. IQs reflect your ability to intelligently rationalize and think logically and have nothing to do with grades which are often determined politically by *****s. Going to monkey school, and learning a few tricks doesnt create good doctors. High IQs create good doctors.

Not only are you needlessly reviving a thread from 2007, but you're also saying things that are patently untrue. General intelligence is highly correlated to both academic and professional outcomes; college achievement can be predicted by measuring IQ (though this largely fails to account for the other key factor: motivation), and the MCAT is a very g-loaded exam. There's really no denying that the average physician is going to be far brighter than your average Joe or Jane.

Also, an IQ of 120 is not "fairly low"; it's above the 90th percentile. You think that your former classmate's depression and suicide "reflects her [120] IQ"? That's a conclusion that is not only unwarranted, but is also inexcusably vile. Shame on you.

"Monkey school"? "A few new tricks"? "FDA approved poisons"? No one is going to take your rant seriously if you use rhetoric like this.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

The irony is palpable

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.