Physician signature sufficient?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bme94

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I had a school not accept my physician LOR today because it did not have his signature. I was just wondering, do most schools require a letterhead AND signature from a physician? Or is the signature sufficient?

Thanks!
 
Always specify letterhead and wet signature just in case. I had one bounce back last year. It's easy to rectify, though, you just have to have the recommender put a wet signature on it and resubmit it to whichever letter medium you used to submit them, then call the school and let them know it's been resubmitted.
 
Hi,

I had a school not accept my physician LOR today because it did not have his signature. I was just wondering, do most schools require a letterhead AND signature from a physician? Or is the signature sufficient?

Thanks!

PCOM is very strict about this letterhead+signature business. It was the only school that I had to resubmit a lor because of letterhead issues.